Sign in to follow this  
Sixgun

Campaign save problem...

Hey guys, I have looked around and not seen anyone else post this problem. I hope it has a simple solution.

I cannot pick up where I left off in a campaign. In other words, I finish a mission and quit the game, and when I re-start it, there is no entry or selection for me to choose to continue my campaign.

I have a fresh install all patched up thru 3.2. Any ideas?

I have WOV, not SF, but under the campaign menu pick, there is "Section I: New Campaign" and "Section II: Load Campaign". When I select Section II, the list of saved campaigns appears in the pull down list.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Yeah, that's the problem, my already started campaign doesn't appear on the pull down list.

Yes, actually I just started a new campaign, ran 5 successful missions, and exited. Without shutting the game down, I re-entered the campaign screen, and it has no memory of me!! Aggravating.

Yes, actually I just started a new campaign, ran 5 successful missions, and exited. Without shutting the game down, I re-entered the campaign screen, and it has no memory of me!! Aggravating.

I am as veteran as they come in this game and I have not heard of that one.Exit game , Go to your pilots data folder in the game installation and tell me what you see.

MK2,

I too have been playing this one since first release and this problem has me stumped, I'll be glad for your help.

Pilotdata folder has all you would expect, to include a "Sixgun's Campaign 1" file which is 337kb, Pilotlist.ini, pilot photos, etc.

It has done this on two installs now, with patches.

I bet it is a really simple solution in the end...

do you have access to another PC?

if you do, copy the entire contents of the game folder to another pc and see if you can duplicate the issue. If you can , then reinstall fresh in the other PC and tell me if it happens.

if the same install on the other PC does not duplicate the issue then we need to look somewhere other than the game.

Let me verify that it's a fresh install no mods added also while we are at it.

If it is a fresh isntall and you do not have access to another pc. Install game (do not patch) then try it. just the stock install from the get go.

Post script;

I just want to acknowledge what a bonehead I am. I figured out my error. The game will not recognize a pilot record if the pilot's name has a period in it. Period.

22 months later?

Wow, you took your time figurin' it out, eh? :biggrin:

But, all's well that ends well, I s'pose.

Actually figured it out maybe six months ago, and forgot about this thread 'till I was looking through my old posts.

You can still say I'm not very quick. :dntknw:

I figured if someone else ran into this problem I'd better post the solution!

Edited by Sixgun

Hey guys, I have looked around and not seen anyone else post this problem. I hope it has a simple solution.

I cannot pick up where I left off in a campaign. In other words, I finish a mission and quit the game, and when I re-start it, there is no entry or selection for me to choose to continue my campaign.

I have a fresh install all patched up thru 3.2. Any ideas?

Are you by any chance running Windows Vista? If so try running the program as admin, right click the short cut Icon, and click run as admin.