Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ranger332

FOX screws up Memoral

Guest Ranger332

Iam outraged Fox news coverage missed showing the "Missing Man Formation" during the memoral----the were showing Pres Bush.

That has to be the dumbest cameraman In the histroy of modern coverage.

Missing Man Formation

histformation.jpg

This is The Missing Man Formation... perhaps the most magnificent and solemn aerial manuever ever seen. Whether flown with the wingman spiraling off into the great beyond, or, flown consistently with that awful hole where a buddy should be... this dignified, almost painful to watch manuever Rumored to have begun when British fighter pilots flew over the funeral of Manheim 'The Red Baron' von Richthofen as a sign of respect by his fellow aces, the formation does find its birth in World War I. At some point during the Great War, the RAF pilots created an aerial manuever known as 'The Fly Past'... whether this was before or after the alleged von Richthofen loss is unknown. But it is British in origin and it was used infrequently and privately during the War.

to those that know how improtent this is plz contact fox news and voice your concern

7oys@fox7.com

Thank You in advance to those that assist

EDIT: However strongly I feel about this I must admit that my original comments bordered on inappropriate. I still do not feel that this is something worth complaining about, and I think that nit-picking the TV coverage cheapens the entire event.

Sorry, moved this topic into a more appropriate forum...

I didn't get to see the memorial today unfortunately, but I'm going to have to agree with Column5 on this one. If the Commander in Chief was speaking, then his words were more important than the fly-by. I'm a little confused that they would do both at the same time, but people will take comfort in the words the President speaks, not in a military fly-by. I personally would think it in bad taste if they panned away from the President while in mid-speech, but to each his own I guess.

For the record, Bush was through with his speech, and back in the crowd standing next to his wife looking skyward. I must admit, I would have liked to see the planes as everyone on camera was looking at the sky for them. They came from behind the crowd and startled the President.

Guest Ranger332
For the record, Bush was through with his speech, and back in the crowd standing next to his wife looking skyward. I must admit, I would have liked to see the planes as everyone on camera was looking at the sky for them. They came from behind the crowd and startled the President.

correct it was "dead air" till the jets could be heard. as far as it taking anything away from the memoral I have had to be on this type of detail more time then I like and if its not corrected it will occure again----as a Military Man these things are sacred to those that served"The Missing Man Formation... perhaps the most magnificent and solemn aerial manuever ever seen"

Try and remember as well that Fox would have had multiple cameras working this event. Meaning that camera A stays on the pres and others the crowd for reaction and other goings on. This could have simply been a mistake in the control van caused by somebody forgetting to switch feeds.Right or wrong this happens alot in live broadcasts.

Guest Ranger332

possable but there is a 30 sec delay even on live events that was still a messup --- even bigger now that you reminded me of the control van.

Had the sad privilege of witnessing a missing man for a pilot and wso killed in Egypt in 1980. The funeral was at a cemetary next to my neighborhood close to Moody AFB GA. As today, the four F-4s came from behind the crowd, and #3 (I assume) pulled up hard and was a little more impressive than the T-38 doing it. (I think they all had wing tanks too, not bad) People in the neighborhood were thinking of filing a complaint with Moody, Till I told them what the missing man was, and the fact that the guy lived around the corner from all of them, and they changed their tune.

That phantom pulling up hard gave me goosebumps

Guest Ranger332

:( :( :(

My first time was when a friend died during Ranger training ops. We arrived to late to help had to secure the site for 2 days so the investagators could do there thing. hes was with OH-58 as the wife also a pilot in the unit dident want cobrs at the memorel. It was the first if three crash site I had to secure,and services I had to attend during peacetime

Guest Ranger332

To those that also e-mailed Fox ty dont know bout the rest of the country but here they are now using an UP file to show the formation.

My first was for a friend that died in a Ranger training mission,we arrived at the site but could do nothing we secured the site for two days as the investagators did thier work as we were Honor Gurad at the memorel at the wifes request she was a pilot also we had no Cobras in the formation(as thats what he died in ) so it was with OH-58s.

histformation.jpg

Ranger... what could you possibly expect form Fox News? Hmm...? Its garbage "news" and it is the home of the "spin zone", where the only people that are allowed to finish a statement are the hosts of their terrible shows, If somebody's gonna complain about something, complain about that stupid F*CKING count down clock that they use on the Fox Report, atleast they can change that. Jesus Christ himself could be talking to Shepard Smith, and they would still give him 1 lousy minute, because they have so much more to talk about, like who Ms. Spears is f*cking at that very instant.

Turn to CNN or the BBC if you want to see some real reporting, and some basic camera shooting.

Guest Ranger332

Hopefuly the last post on this ,but thought ya:ll might want to know

I too was disappointed to see they missed the missing man formation. I have

>5 televsions in my office and unfortunately, no one got the shot. In

>situations such as this service, the networks pool their resources and use

>the same camera shots for the most part. It appeared to me they people

>running the pool were not prepared for the formation as it flew over.

>I will pass your comments on to FOX News, which provided the coverage of the

>service to us.

>

>Pam Vaught

>FOX 7 News

>----- Original Message -----

>From: "fox7" <7oys@mail.onr.com>

>To: <news@fox7.com>

>Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 2:08 PM

>Subject: Fox coverage of the memoral

note they did get a UP file to show ,at least they did here again ty to all that supported this-----and if it ever is needed again they will give proper respect

histformation.jpg