Sign in to follow this  
squid

increase objects visual range / drawing distance?

what ini edits should be done to increase the range the objects (or selective objects such as Air Bases, planes, vehicles, air and ground targets etc) appear ?

Edited by squid

Aircraft draw distance -- depends on the settings for individual level of detail (LOD) draw distances. Here is the default F4-E settings for example, in the file F4-e

[LOD001]

Filename=F-4E.lod

Distance=100

[LOD002]

Filename=F-4E_lod002.lod

Distance=250

[LOD003]

Filename=F-4E_lod003.lod

Distance=500

[LOD004]

Filename=F-4E_lod004.lod

Distance=1000

[LOD005]

Filename=F-4E_lod005.lod

Distance=8000

Increase the last LOD distance number to the value desired.

Airbase view distance...I experimented very briefly one time with that, and go no results. Sometime later perhaps.

I have not yet looked into ground object draw distances. Someday.

I've recently purchased WoV and I find the default draw distances really detract from the game. I'd prefer to fly without the silly red box around the target, but since something as large as a bridge doesn't show until you're about 5nm away, its almost impossible not to use it. Extracting every object ini seems a bit daunting. If you could override the defaults by setting it once in a shared ini, that would be cool. Just a wish. I would have expected this to be a bigger issue in the community, but I've looked for mods or other posts on this subject and they are very few.

I've recently purchased WoV and I find the default draw distances really detract from the game. I'd prefer to fly without the silly red box around the target, but since something as large as a bridge doesn't show until you're about 5nm away, its almost impossible not to use it. Extracting every object ini seems a bit daunting. If you could override the defaults by setting it once in a shared ini, that would be cool. Just a wish. I would have expected this to be a bigger issue in the community, but I've looked for mods or other posts on this subject and they are very few.

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=12864#12864