Sign in to follow this  
Guest capun

Weapon Station Limitations

Guest capun

FYI. I have been playing with the loadout files trying to get more weapons loaded. I was trying to get around the problem of the Triple Launch Rocket Rail (TLR) not being implemented (See my weapon loadout tutorial), so I added more load stations to the F-4e. Well, it seems that the program has a limit of 16 stations. No matter what I do, it seems to be hard coded into the program.

The inboard pylon is modeled with two sidewinder stations attached to the pylon, plus the pylon can carry another missile.

The outboard pylon only has one weapon station, ideally if the TLR were implemented then I could have 3 missiles in each pylon.

Hopefully in SP2, the missing weapon classes are implemented.

BTW, I e-mailed Jeff my Rev 1 of the Weapons Loadout doc.

Rgr that, should have it posted tonight, did some family stuff last night. Been letting the site take away too much of my kid time... :lol:

Let me see what I can come up with. I found some interesting stuff in there when I was working on my F-4F loadout. That is based on the F-4E and I didn't try to add any additional hard points to the outside mount.

I'm at work now, but I'll try tweaking it tonite and see what happens.

I ran into the problem with 16 stations also. ARGH! I've got an F-4E with 15 stations right now. It's a veritable battleship. I'm flying it right now with 8 AIM-7's and 6 AIM-9's. If you try to equal out the outboard hard points you have 17 stations and it won't display the last one.

I cannot find any setting in the DATA file to change the number of stations. So it must be something in the program. I'm going to look at the other CAT files tonight and see if I can find anything.

Jim