Sign in to follow this  
Guest capun

Are SAM's active on Single Missions?

Guest capun

I have been trying to create a single mission using the template or Keith Bedford's Mission Editor. I want to create a mission with SAM's so I can practice visual acquisition and maneuvers to avoid them.

No matter what I do, I cannot get the SAM's to shoot. I know that some missions out of the Create Single Mission (Recon, SEAD, Anti_Ship) can have active SAM's, sometimes they just shoot and miss you by a mile, sometimes they nail you. I wonder if there is a code path or difference in the sim engine for missions loaded (custom created) vs. created at run time.

I have mucked around with different ini files (groundobjectdata, SA-2LC_data, weaponsdata, desert_target, deset_types, etc) but to no avail. The SAM's and the FANSONG just seem to lock on you but they do not launch.

Any help to solve this problem will be appreciated.

Guest Ranger332

Ill see what i can dig up-----------------but it will be a bit

Yeah I managed to get shot down by a sam in a single mission, it was a anti ship mission. So I guess its possible 8)

Supposedly, the antiship and armed recon missions have SAMS but i havent managed to see one yet.

savagkc