Sign in to follow this  
Ken in Kansas

Help - Why blank skins?

Hi: I'm really enjoying all the skins available for WOV/SFP1, but after I load a skin and follow the directions, the airplane shows up with a 'blank' or white skin when I select the new skin.

I've tried editing the config files that have the texture info, and also resizing the skins to 2048x2048, but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

can you be more specific - is it all aircraft & all skins or just a few in particular (in which case which ones)?

Also SF, SFG, WOV or all?

Sorry...the latest ones are the F-15 skin pack from Avsim, and several other F-15 skins I recently loaded. I've noticed it on others, including F-4s. I run WoV almost exclusively, although I also have SFP1 (latest patch for both).

Guest capun

Normally you would see a "white" skin when the game does not find the texture map for it.

My guess is that you do not have the folders and file structure correct.

You should have something like this

Objects\Aircraft\F-15

This is the main folder, check the following file

Objects\Aircraft\F-15\F-15.ini

Inside the file you should see a bunch of texture declarations, something like this

[TextureSet001]

Directory=USNGrey1

Name=USN Grey

Nation=USN

Squadron=VF84

Specular=0.300000

Glossiness=0.750000

Reflection=0.000000

[TextureSet002]

Directory=USMCGrey1

Name=USMC Grey

Nation=USMC

Squadron=VMFA531

Specular=0.300000

Glossiness=0.750000

Reflection=0.000000

So you should have two subfolders Like this

Objects\Aircraft\F-15\USNGrey1

Objects\Aircraft\F-15\USMCGrey1

Inside this folders you should see textureset.ini and a few bmp and/or tga files. Those are the texture maps needed.

also make sure the bmp's are named correctly, I recently did that typo and found some "white" planes.

Make sure, that you drop the skins Folders ( like Folder 57th) into the right aircraft folder.

there are F-15A,F-15c,F-15D & F-15E around. Make sure you install a skin for the F-15C in the F-15C Folder and not in the F-15A folder or so... ;) read the readme!!! ;)

Edited by Soulfreak