Sign in to follow this  
Cylix=JW=

North Korea? Interfer?

Scares the hell out of me and hope it doesn't come down to it. They're a desperate group of people and they may just fight like a cornered animal.

Of course marching the goose step might make them too tired to fight...heh. :lol:

I feel that they should saty out and keep to there own affiars, not the U.S 's. I don't want it to happen, but we think that there bluffing... :? I dont really know what to think.

On a more serious note, I think you may be right about that Weasel.

They are a desperate bunch, and are known to be a bit shady!

If the matters pressing can be resolved in a peaceful way, it most definately would save lives, not to mention tax dollars and possible embarassment in the international scheme of things.

But at the same time they need a good ol fashioned ass whoopin. They need to know that because we are busy on the other side of the world, they don't have the right to break nuclear treaties open like an egg, nor spit in the face of the international community, all the while spouting off their defiance.

So it's a toss up. Nowadays everyone wants to pussyfoot around. Everyone's in fear of conflict. in a word too touchy-feely.

This probably limits the option for combat, as red tape is bound to snarl any administration's best efforts to wage a war nowadays.

Personally, I say kick the sh*t out of em. We really don't need a rebelious communist nation causing problems for the rest of the world, or another cold war for that matter.

So whatever it is that they do, they better be decisive about it, and brook no sh*t. Be hardnosed and take charge of the situation, before it gets way out of hand.

I think I misunderstood the news.. :roll: I think if we attack there nuclar weapon sites they are reopening then they will go "total war with US". But I don't think we want them to have weapons either. One of the forign exchange students at my school says the U.S. are hippocrites, cause we have weapons of mass destruction... Alot of diffrent feelings around.

Cylix

I have always thought that NK (or aka DANK's you figure it out) should be watched.

these folks have nothing to loose ie very little food, massive army, very little power etc.

beware of thje starving man he has NOTHING to lose!

-Vercingetorix

Do we really want a Korea II? The Chinese have already told us not to f*ck with those mindless freaks in North Korea. I think we have to keep this in mind, because China has the worlds largest air force, not to mention that they are fully nuclear capable with both land based ICBM's and I believe they bought 1 or 2 Delta III class SSBN from the Russians in the '90's, oh and I forgot If the Chinese do (will) get involved, remember that they can field an army larger than our population. And these arent your grandpappy's chincs either, they are well armed well trained, well I take that back, they are probably #2 behind us, since Russia cant pay their troops anymore, so they have a great military all around, and as for North Korea, well they have all the same stuff as the Chinese.

Remember we lost Korea (for the most part), and that was against soldiers that had no equipment and no food, if we get into this fight again, we will lose, and we will lose bad, and we will probably lose S. Korea and Taiwan in the process.

Let me lay out something for you here, dont buy this whole axis of evil thing, Iran and Iraq will never get along, they have a different language, a different religion, and have hated eachother since the beginning of time. The North Koreans may have a nuclear program, but I doubt that they have a stock pile, most nukes are probably aimed south of the DMZ, probably one at Tokyo or maybe Hokaido (range may be s**tty), and they probably got one pointed at Beijing too. They cant be selling these things, and besides why buy an expensive nuke from the Gooks, when you can buy a cheap one from Kazakhstan*, or Ukraine, or Russia? Use your heads boys, if your going to talk about world affairs. Always take history into account, and never listen to speculation. My guess is that nobody in the world has the balls to get involved in a nuclear war (we only dropped them because thats all we could do, and nobody knows what ten of those "big boys" will do now).

Bottom Line, if the sh*t hits the fan... ASSUME THE POSITION!!! Im lucky I live by NASA and Patrick AFB... I'll be dead within the first three waves of attack... it's so reassuring.

The history lesson is accurate, but the problem with your "we will lose" theory is that no country has the nuclear throw weight of the U.S. If we have to deal with N. Korea, it will be with the blessing of China. There is no way that we will go in there without some reasurances that we won't have to kill 20 or 30 million Chinese also. Yeah, if we get into a nuclear pissing match with the Chinese we may lose some strategic bases in the Pacific and maybe some west coast cities (I'm near Portland, OR, which makes me higher on the target list than anything near NASA, and no I'm not moving) but say goodbye to all of the major population centers in China and N. Korea. The current administration will have no second thoughts about using nukes if they or chemical weapons are used against U.S. forces or citizens. If I was in Iraq right now, I'd be taking seriously the statements by Rummy that if they use any WMD's against our forces, the nukes will fly. As for N. Korea, they are too use to seeing the U.S. cave to the slightest political pressure or threat and think they can push us and we'll give them what they want. Unfortunately, there are a bunch of hawks in the White House right now, and I don't think that they can be bullied by a third world country. That's bad for them and bad for us.

My theory, we won't first strike N.Korea. But they need to be very careful about how hard they push for consessions, as we will cut them off completely from the world as a whole. It's amazing how effective a naval blockage can be, and we'll do it with the UN's blessings. Not that, that counts for much now adays. The UN is toast as a world body. Yeah, they'll stay around but for the most part they will be ignored.

We all die if 15 standard nukes go off, Trident* warheads are now at 420KT I forgot what Hiroshima and Nagasaki were... something like 30 or 40 kt, ya we got a whole sh*tload of nukes, I just hope we plan on using Tomahawks,or B-2's and not ICBM's, Russia's got an itchy trigger finger; now more than ever, of course all of this is speculation, and it doesnt matter, nobody on this forum has any control over the future of the world.

But its good to know that there are some people out there that do care about and have some insight into global politics.

Cheers,

Jay

Oh how are we going to kill 20 or 30 million chincs? We cant sustain half of those loses, I dont think we could come up with a 20-1 kill ratio in a conventional war with China.

What I'm trying to get at is... dont be some arogant and self-assured, it leads to an easier and harder downfall (oxymoron but true... read The Art of War, and study history).

Well, in my humble retired military opinion, it is probably a waste of time to attempt diplomacy with North Korea. Their mindset appears to be, "To hell with the U.S.; we will do whatever we choose, and you can't stop us, so there!"

That's ok.

It's their funeral.

I hear China is in need of more parking space anyway......

Chief W.

Either kill them all, or leave them alone, finding middle ground is like chasing a rainbow... you will never find it.

I refer you back to my poll on Iraq... pussyfooting is for pussys, and thats what America is becoming, indecisive pussys.

I dont know if I mean that or not, but it sounds good right now... just keep chewing, and it will all be okay.

Well we tried meeting in the middle with them, Remember. "We'll give you this, and that, as long as you dont use your nuke facilities." Well they went ahead and did it anyway, SO........

Looks like that leaves us with only one option.

SEND IN THE TROOPS

GOD BLESS THEM ALL

This may just be because I am young and stupid, but I sure wish it would wait 4 years... I'd like to join in if I could, especially while the U.S. still has the most powerful military in the world.

Well we tried meeting in the middle with them, Remember. "We'll give you this, and that, as long as you dont use your nuke facilities." Well they went ahead and did it anyway, SO........

Looks like that leaves us with only one option.

As I said, "finding middle ground is like chasing a rainbow", we should leave them alone or kill them all.