Sign in to follow this  
Maverick73

Searching desperately for IRgrowlLock sound

Hey guys, here's my problem:

Once I heavily modded my SFP1, and I had a very cool IRgrowlLock sound (a very high growl sound, sounded a bit like a cryin' dog :biggrin: gee, my description is so stupid :biggrin: )

Well, anyway, after a reinstallation I can't find this sound file, I thought it was in the popular Weapons Pack, but, well, it isn't. Can anybody tell me where I can find this file?

You are probably referring to the F-15C/E IrGrowlLock.WAV (It's really from an AIM-9L /M) .

Try THIS

Nah, it isn't that one either :biggrin: . Now I'll have to live without my beloved growlLock... :sad: well, anyway, thank you very much for the help, guys!

the high pitched "howling" type lock?

I have one like that in my OTC install

Is it the one from the F-14/MiG-23 engagement, under normal search sounds like a normal growl, but upon tone goes to a high pitched almost alarm-sounding loop? I've got that one, but I'm not sure where it's located on the site (and if it's the one you're looking for)...in fact, I'm not sure where the install is for it either! I just keep a copy of my most recent folders on back up. If you do find the growl you like again, remember to back it up!

HUUURRRRAAYYYYYYYYYYY, That's it!! It's THE sound!!! Haha, now I'm the happiest man on earth :biggrin:

Thanks Ceasar, I owe you one ;)