Sign in to follow this  
Buddha

weapons.. how to?

Hi to all i am new on this forum,and i want to ask you some questions

1)i downloaded the latest weapons pack(great work :) !) but i don't know how to use laser guided bombs, (i drop them like stupid bombs) there is a different way to drop them?? i like precision strikes!

2)there is a CCIP to drop bombs like mk 82,83 etc :dntknw: ?

3)is not a question but a little wish... there is a possibility to include AtA refueling?

4)systems like targeting pods presents on loadout section are simply an estetic addon or they work?

thank you in advance for answers! :cool:

Well, I think I can field your first question. To get guided A2G munitions to track, you have to press "E" to look at the ground target. This gets hard to do with the HUD on hard, as you are only given info about your plane (altitude, airspeed, etc.) and not what you've got visually locked. When you cycle to the proper target, drop your bomb or fire your missile/cruise missile, and it should track to the target you have locked.

I'm not sure of the function of targeting pods myself, if they're required for certain munitions...I don't do as much striking as I do air to air combat. The strikes I do generally involve dumb bombs, so I can't tell you for certain if they're there to work or just for show.

-"Caesar"

3)is not a question but a little wish... there is a possibility to include AtA refueling?

4)systems like targeting pods presents on loadout section are simply an estetic addon or they work?

A To Q 3. You can find the KC-130 and the KA-6A here at combatace in the files under addon aircraft. You can fly close enough so that it looks like you are refueling but no fuel is transfered. It's a challange but it a blast too.

A To Q 4. I do no believe the targeting pods do anything but be esteticly pleasing.

MK 82/83's are a bugger to hit anything with but it can be done i would suggest D/l the Range for the game you have, you can find it in the files section under terrains. This will allow you to try out different bombs without being shoot at or having to fly long distances. It's the perfect place to practice.

Edited by Agamemnon

targeting pods lets you target the ground objects further...

USAFMTL has a good guide here for bombing tatics. Read the stickys, they are a lot of help.

With the F-4 and MK's, I come in on a static target low where the AAA cant depress their guns, frying chickens in the barnyard at 500 knots, pop up about 2 miles out to 4000 ft give or take, making sure to keep the speed, then tip over at just about 0.8 miles from target, 70 degrees, hit the brakes for a quick second to get 400 knots, line it up and drop em all. Off the brakes, select Zone 5 and get outta Dodge.

Off the brakes, select Zone 5 and get outta Dodge.

"Knock it off gentleman....Viper has the lead" :rofl:

"Knock it off gentleman....Viper has the lead" :rofl:

Sir, I had Cmdr. Heatherly in my sights, he saw me move in for the kill, we were not below the hard deck for more than a few seconds, there was no danger, so I took the shot. :tomato:

(my god, we actually recall this stuff!!!)

Edited by eightlein