Sign in to follow this  

No TCP/IP option available

The manual clearly states that there are both a LAN and a TCP/IP option avalaible in the Multiplayer section of the game options.

However, there is only a LAN option ... there is NO TCP/IP option available in the game.

This is a serious omittance and I am hoping there is a quick fix.

Thanks

I've been hearing reports of missing TCP/IP option. TK, can you comment on this?

If it is missing, I'm sure it will be dealt with in an upcoming patch, right TK? :D So don't worry too much about it. Tachnically, it's not really a bug, but an ommision... :lol:

Well, we don't have current plan to add Direct TCP/IP, we recommend that you go through match making service (such as GameSpy) instead. If there are enough request, we can consider adding it in, but it'll probably be after other serious bugs are fixed :)

Thanks,

TK

--

Didn't one of the squadrons post a TCP/IP matchmaker for SF? I'll have to agree with TK that I'd rather see other things fixed or added first, and just use HyperLobby or whatever till then.

Lam...errrrrr....Gamespy and Hyperlobby are great for looking for others, but being in a squad it would be great to be able to just say to squad mates "join up on my IP".

I haven't seen it as of yet, but when my squad used to fly USAF we used GS and HL too, but eventually you get punks who like to get everyone riled up and it's not quite as fun. Sometimes just avoiding the servers and flying with the guys is the best fun.

I vote TCP/IP be included.

agreed..it's nice to be able to have squadron training nights without having to worry about others who aren't as serious.

My vote is for direct TCP/IP connection and also dont forget the capability to be a server. Too many dweebs on gamespy, this is common knowledge in the gaming community.

Hey kind feller gave me this link..It is a SF tcp launcher.. Basically, you select host or join, input the appropriate stuff and click launch.. walla, the game comes up and others that have your ip can join.. If you want a private game, select private.. Works rather well imho..

Website http://www.killerb.com/dambusters/

Direct download http://65.245.1.136/dambusters/files/sfp1l...ncher-beta1.zip

Have fun, Qfly