Hi all!

A few of the members of my clan have been having some MP problems. We were able to work out most of the ourselves, however, we are still running into one major one. Now, is it possible to choose your loadout in COOP? If so, is it possible to to choose the weapons in Bunyaps pack, and how do you do so?

Thanks.

Edited by Marines

Over the internet, I don't think you can use a modified install for MP; that is if you're using a normal server. I've tested MP over LAN, and you can run third party planes and weapons in that, anyhow, so long as all installs have the same weapons, planes, etc. I don't know if there is a "direct connection" option that would have a comp host over the internet that would allow for third-party weaps/planes; if there is, you should be able to use modified weaponry.

I do not think you can choose the loadout in MP under any circumstance; if you want a different loadout than the default, you have to modify the aircraft's LOADOUT.ini file. Remember, this will probably prevent you from playing on an official server; but if you're playing over LAN/direct host, and everyone has the same data, it should work fine.

Things to keep in mind when modifying the loadout.ini:

In the aircraft's data.ini file, the weapon hardpoints have specific weights and functions that must be observed. Because I always give examples using the F-14A, I may as well here too...

This is one of the hardpoints on the F-14 from F-14A_DATA.ini. Note the LoadLimit, AllowedWeaponClass and AttachmentType. I've modified the LL and AWC from the original to allow the 'Cat to drop the Mk.84, and bombs in general.

[PhoenixStation1]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=5

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-0.45,1.4,-0.6

AttachmentAngles=0.0,2.0,0.0

EjectVelocity=0.0,-2.0,0.0

LoadLimit=1000.0

AllowedWeaponClass=AHM,LGB,BOMB

AttachmentType=USN

ModelNodeName=suppphoenix01

PylonMass=55

PylonDragArea=0.02

Now, this hardpoint can carry Active Homing Missiles, Laser Guided Bombs and Bombs, up to a weight of 1000kg, and those under US Navy nation type. In the Loadout.ini, I can then create loadouts like the following:

(Phoenix Station 1 is Loadout[05])

[AirToAir]

Loadout[05].WeaponType=AIM-54C ECCM

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

Loadout[06].WeaponType=AIM-54C ECCM

Loadout[06].Quantity=1

Loadout[07].WeaponType=AIM-54C ECCM

Loadout[07].Quantity=1

Loadout[08].WeaponType=AIM-54C ECCM

Loadout[08].Quantity=1

Loadout[09].WeaponType=AIM-9S

Loadout[09].Quantity=1

Loadout[10].WeaponType=AIM-9S

Loadout[10].Quantity=1

Loadout[13].WeaponType=AIM-54C ECCM

Loadout[13].Quantity=1

Loadout[14].WeaponType=AIM-54C ECCM

Loadout[14].Quantity=1

Loadout[15].WeaponType=Tank330_F14

Loadout[15].Quantity=1

Loadout[16].WeaponType=Tank330_F14

Loadout[16].Quantity=1

and

Loadout[05].WeaponType=Mk84

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

Loadout[06].WeaponType=Mk84

Loadout[06].Quantity=1

Loadout[07].WeaponType=Mk84

Loadout[07].Quantity=1

Loadout[08].WeaponType=Mk84

Loadout[08].Quantity=1

Loadout[09].Quantity=1

Loadout[10].Quantity=1

Loadout[11].WeaponType=AIM-7M

Loadout[11].Quantity=1

Loadout[12].WeaponType=AIM-7M

Loadout[12].Quantity=1

Loadout[15].Quantity=1

Loadout[16].Quantity=1

Now, I cannot put an AIM-9 on Loadout[05]-Loadout[08] because they only support Active Homing/Guided Bomb/Bomb and the AIM-9 is an IR missile. Similarly, I can't put an AIM-54 onto Loadout[09] or[10] because they only accept IR, and furthermore cannot support the weight of a -54 (in the data.ini, and in reality for that matter.)

The AI pilots, and my plane use these loadouts as the defaults. The Air to Air loadout is used on CAP and Intercept, the Strike is used for Strike. Really, this seems unflexable, having to change the data files on the plane, but I'm quite certain it is the only way to get a different loadout in MP. To the best of my knowledge, if you change these values, everyone has to have the same values for the loadouts (we always synchronized our data just in case, so I can't say this is entirely true, but I'd guess it'd have to be the same.)

I hope this helps! If not, well, I wish you luck and hope someone else can field the question better.

-"Caesar"

Over the internet, I don't think you can use a modified install for MP; that is if you're using a normal server. I've tested MP over LAN, and you can run third party planes and weapons in that, anyhow, so long as all installs have the same weapons, planes, etc. I don't know if there is a "direct connection" option that would have a comp host over the internet that would allow for third-party weaps/planes; if there is, you should be able to use modified weaponry.

I do not think you can choose the loadout in MP under any circumstance; if you want a different loadout than the default, you have to modify the aircraft's LOADOUT.ini file. Remember, this will probably prevent you from playing on an official server; but if you're playing over LAN/direct host, and everyone has the same data, it should work fine.

Things to keep in mind when modifying the loadout.ini:

In the aircraft's data.ini file, the weapon hardpoints have specific weights and functions that must be observed. Because I always give examples using the F-14A, I may as well here too...

This is one of the hardpoints on the F-14 from F-14A_DATA.ini. Note the LoadLimit, AllowedWeaponClass and AttachmentType. I've modified the LL and AWC from the original to allow the 'Cat to drop the Mk.84, and bombs in general.

[PhoenixStation1]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=5

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-0.45,1.4,-0.6

AttachmentAngles=0.0,2.0,0.0

EjectVelocity=0.0,-2.0,0.0

LoadLimit=1000.0

AllowedWeaponClass=AHM,LGB,BOMB

AttachmentType=USN

ModelNodeName=suppphoenix01

PylonMass=55

PylonDragArea=0.02

Now, this hardpoint can carry Active Homing Missiles, Laser Guided Bombs and Bombs, up to a weight of 1000kg, and those under US Navy nation type. In the Loadout.ini, I can then create loadouts like the following:

(Phoenix Station 1 is Loadout[05])

[AirToAir]

Loadout[05].WeaponType=AIM-54C ECCM

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

Loadout[06].WeaponType=AIM-54C ECCM

Loadout[06].Quantity=1

Loadout[07].WeaponType=AIM-54C ECCM

Loadout[07].Quantity=1

Loadout[08].WeaponType=AIM-54C ECCM

Loadout[08].Quantity=1

Loadout[09].Quantity=1

Loadout[10].Quantity=1

Loadout[13].WeaponType=AIM-54C ECCM

Loadout[13].Quantity=1

Loadout[14].WeaponType=AIM-54C ECCM

Loadout[14].Quantity=1

Loadout[15].Quantity=1

Loadout[16].Quantity=1

and

Loadout[05].WeaponType=Mk84

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

Loadout[06].WeaponType=Mk84

Loadout[06].Quantity=1

Loadout[07].WeaponType=Mk84

Loadout[07].Quantity=1

Loadout[08].WeaponType=Mk84

Loadout[08].Quantity=1

Loadout[09].Quantity=1

Loadout[10].Quantity=1

Loadout[11].WeaponType=AIM-7M

Loadout[11].Quantity=1

Loadout[12].WeaponType=AIM-7M

Loadout[12].Quantity=1

Loadout[15].Quantity=1

Loadout[16].Quantity=1

Now, I cannot put an AIM-9 on Loadout[05]-Loadout[08] because they only support Active Homing/Guided Bomb/Bomb and the AIM-9 is an IR missile. Similarly, I can't put an AIM-54 onto Loadout[09] or[10] because they only accept IR, and furthermore cannot support the weight of a -54 (in the data.ini, and in reality for that matter.)

The AI pilots, and my plane use these loadouts as the defaults. The Air to Air loadout is used on CAP and Intercept, the Strike is used for Strike. Really, this seems unflexable, having to change the data files on the plane, but I'm quite certain it is the only way to get a different loadout in MP. To the best of my knowledge, if you change these values, everyone has to have the same values for the loadouts (we always synchronized our data just in case, so I can't say this is entirely true, but I'd guess it'd have to be the same.)

I hope this helps! If not, well, I wish you luck and hope someone else can field the question better.

-"Caesar"

I've been messing around with a few of the data and INI files, but to no avail. I appreciate the help, Caesar.

Semper Fi