Sign in to follow this  
Weasel Keeper

YESSSSSS

Holy cow Jeff! I've been waiting for a decent helo sim for awhile...since LB2 at least. This one looks like the LOMAC of helos. :lol: System requirements look about the same too. :shock:

Great find...as I haven't even heard of this until now. They're projecting 4th quarter 2003 so in time for Christmas.

<S>

Damn, I love helo sims. I hope this is as good as EECH and LB2. Ka-52 and Comanche 4 were so disappointing.

BTW, whats this Red Shark game they have listed under the 'Games' link, yet doesn't open when you click on it? Looks like another helo sim, :lol: , hopefully.

Hi everyone,

I would really like to avoid misunderstanding about Fair Strike. We are really going to have hardcore flight and damage models in Fair Strike for those who are comfortable with them but I have to say there will be no hour-long flights to the target -- missions are quite compact and action-packed, usually you will start from the carrier or support base quite close to the target and you will get into the action quite fast.

And because we have to make game interesting and enjoyable, some missions may seem quite unrealistic to those who enjoy pure hardcore simulations and think that the perfect heli game is that one which models reality the best. According to reality, the average lifetime of the combat heli in the modern war is several minutes :)

So, we are going to provide hardcore players with realistic flight and damage model, but when it comes to choosing between the realism and the game play in the missions, we sometimes sacrifice the former for the sake of the latter.

Thanks for the reply Vlad. I wasn't really looking for something 100% hardcore, like Falcon 4 of jet sims. As long as the flight models are somewhat like flying the real ones (difficult realistic) I should be happy. I don't need all the avionics systems and subsystems to make me happy, just a good flight model with lots of stuff to blow up reeeeeal good. :D

I can certainly understand the need to make the game enjoyable. I mean, not many people really enjoy those long transition flights. As long as you guys can make the flight models, avionics, and low level terrain realism as realistic as possible, I'll be a happy puppy.

But, can you make the missions and the game user modifiable enough so that we can create some totally realistic campaigns ourselves? As I am sure you can see by SF:P1 and F4, the user community has done excellent work in expanding the capabilities of a simulation, but that is only because the simulation was coded in such a way as to make it possible.

Hi everyone,

I would really like to avoid misunderstanding about Fair Strike. We are really going to have hardcore flight and damage models in Fair Strike for those who are comfortable with them but I have to say there will be no hour-long flights to the target -- missions are quite compact and action-packed, usually you will start from the carrier or support base quite close to the target and you will get into the action quite fast.

Damn, Vlad you made it over here fast! :lol: It's great to see a developer over here contributing already! I was going to send you an email offering any forum services you might need, I would be glad to help out. Like I said on the frontpage, I will be following this one very closely, especially since you guys have shown a lot of willingness to listen to the end-user community and have already taken a lot of suggestions from them. Consider Biohaz your home away from home... :D

But, can you make the missions and the game user modifiable enough so that we can create some totally realistic campaigns ourselves? As I am sure you can see by SF:P1 and F4, the user community has done excellent work in expanding the capabilities of a simulation, but that is only because the simulation was coded in such a way as to make it possible.

Good question :)

In fact, we have mission editor built-in in the game itself -- this is how mission designers here work on the game -- they play, then switch to the editor mode, move some objects, use console to change some orders, try again, etc. AI is programmed in JavaScript-like language we call J5 Script :) and these scripts are going to be open and anyone will be able to study and modify them. We are not going to release an official mission editor or smth, but I am thinking about releasing a kit which would enable to turn the editor mode on in the game, and which would provide the utilities to convert heightfields and textures to game format, and would also contain the docs on game engine API accessible through scripts. This kit would make the game almost fully customizable, including UI.

Damn, Vlad you made it over here fast!  :lol:  It's great to see a developer over here contributing already! I was going to send you an email offering any forum services you might need, I would be glad to help out. Like I said on the frontpage, I will be following this one very closely, especially since you guys have shown a lot of willingness to listen to the end-user community and have already taken a lot of suggestions from them. Consider Biohaz your home away from home...  :D

I was spying 8)

Thanks for everything, I'll try to check back here often.

Can we get a link to a homepage for this one?

Thanks

BirdDogg

Nevermind found it a Buka.

BTW, this is the Company that brought us Echelon for those who have seen it. I own and thought it was pretty decent.

The Graphics engine looks like that of Echelon, is it the same Engine?

anyone., anyone :D

BirdDogg.

BTW, this is the Company that brought us Echelon for those who have seen it. I own and thought it was pretty decent.

BirdDogg.

The publisher's the same, right. The developer is the other one.

And the engine is original, nothing to do with Echelon. In fact, it's a better one :)

BirdDogg.

Buka finds they are somewhat similar :D

I think you will probably like Fair Strike if you liked Echelon

Good deal,

Thanks for the answers, maybe you can answer two other question about the game.

First: When are you expecting a release?

Second: Will there be any kind of mission editor with this Sim/Game?

Thanks

Birddogg.

Also, will there be a way for users to add on new aircraft, or will you guys be able to provide some addon's ala Il-2 Sturmovik? And I know this will seem like a stupid question, but there will be many more aircraft in the game that are not flyable but present in the missions, right?

Good deal,

Thanks for the answers, maybe you can answer two other question about the game.

First: When are you expecting a release?

Second: Will there be any kind of mission editor with this Sim/Game?

Thanks  

Birddogg.

As of release date, I can only repeat the official "Q4 2003" and add that at we are approaching alpha in a couple of months.

Mission editor is not going to be released with the game, but if we feel the demand for it, it can happen after the release.

Also, will there be a way for users to add on new aircraft, or will you guys be able to provide some addon's ala Il-2 Sturmovik? And I know this will seem like a stupid question, but there will be many more aircraft in the game that are not flyable but present in the missions, right?

Not straight after the release, but both things will be possible after it. We keep addons and user customization in mind.

6 flyable helos, 2 transport helos, 4 enemy helos, some 30 ground enemy units, hundred+ ground structures, all fully destructible.

Sooooo.....you need beta testers? :wink:

Oops, nevermind. My machine is below minimum required. :lol:

Vlad,

Thank you for the replys. I'm looking foward to a new Helo Sim and the screen shots are really nice.

If your looking for a Beta tester, I'm Able :lol:

BirdDogg.

Transports? Great! I loved the Blackhawk in LB2.

I forgot about ~10 types of infantry on the ground and in the air (inside the transports :)

:D Awesome news. It looks Russia is the new haven for sims, Eagle Dynamics, Oleg's Il-2 dev team, and now G5! Great!!!

I have been looking for a good helo sim since EECH. This seems like it could be a good match. Hey, though, are the missions dynamic or static?

Thanks in advance Vlad.

:D Awesome news.  It looks Russia is the new haven for sims, Eagle Dynamics, Oleg's Il-2 dev team, and now G5!  Great!!!

I have been looking for a good helo sim since EECH.  This seems like it could be a good match.  Hey, though, are the missions dynamic or static?  

Thanks in advance Vlad.

Thanks!

In fact missions are static, but in some missions the objectives will be altered, added and cancelled resulting in a kind of pseudo-dynamic missions.

Wow, this just popped up on the radar from nowhere, glad to see another Helo sim in the works.

A few questions I have and hopefully they haven't been covered yet:

1) What kind of campaign will be planned? Dynamic, Static predesigned missions, etc?

2) What types of Helos and missions will be available ie Attack, Support, Recon, etc?

(will it just be Commanches etc or will we have something along the lines of Blackhawks, etc for those of us who want to fly troops around, etc)

3) Multiplayer, will multiplayer options be planned and if so will we be able to fly the campaign online with our buddies either head to head or coop?

Thanks and good luck

dude!! I'm am totally new to helo sims (the only one i've owned is comanche 4) but this looks totally awsome!! now i just have to get a new processor...