Sign in to follow this  
Pasko

MiG-17PFU Missile Interceptor

F-104S anyone? Should F-104S be built?  

1. 1. F-104S anyone? Should F-104S be built?

• yes
    • no

MiG-17PFU Missile Interceptor package

Package includes MiG-17PFU modded aircraft, AA-1 Alkali missiles,

400 l fuel tank for MiG-17, and instructions for adding AA-2 and fuel tanks to MiG-17F

(Adding AA-2 and Fuel tanks.txt).

It works with "empty" center pylon. My mistake havn't emphasized that! This is a mod, not a full plane. Therefore skinning does not work properly. I needed it to test Alkali for SU-9 Fishpot. Do not have enough data on 17PFU radar, so if someone wants to tweak radar model further, please go ahead!

I think it is fun to see how the first missiles where working.

Installation problem:

Please do as in instructions, and do not change loadout.

MiG-17PFU.jpg

File submited to BiohazCentral Downloads, or get it below!

Thanks Pasco, I like the idea myself. Im gonna give it a try and see what happens. In your readme you said it cant be painted over easily...are you talking about skinning the plane? I was hoping to try some of your other Mig-17 skins on this A/C.

Pasco, There apparently was a number of things you left unsaid in the readme. Suggestion: Assume everyone who reads your readme has no clue as to how to make things work, like me...

-I didnt realize at first that I was supposed to copy and paste the entries you made for the _data.ini and _loadout.ini and thus eliminating the old entries in those files.

-Took me awhile ti figure out that the two lines that I was supposed to add to the right and left wings needed to be consecutively numbered with the other 3 "system names"...like this...

SystemName[001]=RightFlap

SystemName[002]=RightWingStation

SystemName[003]=RightOuterWingStation <----Line added

SystemName[004]=RightMainGear

-The weapons station sections' data needed to be copied and pasted too after removing the old entries.

-In the allowed weapon class line, For the outer wing stations, the only allowed wep is FT or fuel tank.

-For the Right and Left wing stations, the allowed weapons class is not the AA-1, it is the standard Mig wep loadout.

-I still havent been able to make the rails showup.

I have finally been able to add all four stations after quite a bit of...shall we say, stress? :lol: I was able to make all 4 stations carry the standard MiG loadout. However, first, i cannot see a weps pylon or rail, second, I do not know what the AA-1 designation is for the allowedweaponsclass line. What is it called in the allowedWeaponsClass line?

Not tryin to be a crab, just wanted you to know there was a problem with the readme. I really like your work and look forward to wasting some unsuspecting roundeyes soon with my new MiG.

PS. It also seems that I can use the skins from my regular MiG-17 to spruce up the -PFU. I am also working on a hanger screen for the plane.

Guest Ranger332

mig.jpg

This is with I got sofar but still having probs wit the weapons

pcpilot,

I tried it out on clean installation twice, and it worked.

You do not have to modify anything in ini files for PFU. It flies

right out of the box!

Additional instructions are for adding loadout to MiG-17F, one included

with game.

4 missile pylons and AA-1 missiles are included with radar.

Outer wing pylons are for Fuel tanks only!

Only thing omited is that in game loadout screen, it should be left default (see pic):

Ranger, that's why it can't be skinned easily. You also have to skin MiG-17PFU.bmp file.

:idea:

Get a GOOD LAUGH!!!!!!

I'm on this intercept, and i'm out of missiles, so I go to guns , RIGHT???

Imagine my surprise.

Rule #1. ALWAYS check your weapons loadout BEFORE TAKEOFF.

Of course, I ran like a raped ape at that point.

Nice SA-2 you got! :D

And 17PFU does not carry guns.

It works with "empty" center pylon. My mistake havn't emphasized that! This is a mod, not a full plane. Therefore skinning does not work properly. I needed it to test Alkali for SU-9 Fishpot. Do not have enough data on 17PFU radar, so if someone wants to tweak radar model, please go ahead! I think it is fun to see how the first missiles where working.

Installation problem:

Here is a nice quote from Mabroc - SimHQ forum:

"Ok people Listen Up!! Just put the folder of the new MiG-17PFU in the aircraft folder, then start the sim choose the plane in the single mission menu and DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!!!! DON'T TOUCH THE LOADOUT WISE GUY!!!!! and it will work flawlesly. It only take me 1 hour of thinkering with the strange loadout and then the INI files and all their strange meanings words and many changes (and failed test) to try it without touch anything I don't fully understand the changes made by Pasko when I see the INI files so I Thought He made mistakes, I'm wasn't very clever this afternoon. This thing is foolproof...........well almost " [/b]

Hehe, I guess I tried the same thing Mabroc did in your post above. Thanks Pasco, I will try again tonite when I get home from work. I think what threw me was the loadout screen. I figured something wasnt right. However, I think when I tried it, I got the SA-2 in the nose effect seen above in the picture. If that happens again, what is wrong?

Just got done doin a clean install and it works great. Well done Pasko and thanks for the effort. Nailed 3 aircraft out of 4 missiles fired first mission. Sure wish it had a gun though, hehe. :)

:shock:

Came back to fly this today, and now I have 1 missile in the nose, none on the wings, guns that dont work, and no idea of what happened. It worked fine yesterday, and I made no changes. What gives?

I had the huge missle problem as well, but reinstalled, don't touch anything, just start a mission and it works! Nice job!

Guest Ranger332

Ok fixed the skinning porb

just add to the aircraft file not the pfu file

take the first pic convert to bitmap and go fly ;)

Pasko feel free to correct the color and use as you like ;)