Sign in to follow this  
Groucho

Anyone Working on a Douglas F4D "Ford" Skyray?

Just curious....I completely lack the 3D modeling talent...

It would be a trick addition, as the Skyray was one cool looking airplane...besides, my Dad was an air traffic controller in the USMC and working with Ford crews when I was born (got Jet-A in me veins, I do...)

Guest Ranger332

skyray.gif

Current "to do " list from SkunkWorks:

1. A i r c r a f t

United States

Republic F-105 Thunderchief - by Armourdave

Douglas F4D Skyray - by Armourdave

Vought F7U-3 Cutlass - by Armourdave

Republic P-47Q/XP-72 - by Armourdave

Chance-Vought F-8 Crusader - by Armourdave

Northrop F-5A Freedom Fighter/Tiger - by Armourdave

Convair F-102 Delta Dagger - by Lud von Pipper

North American YF-107 - by Fleet Defender

Grumman F11-F1 Tiger - by Fleet Defender

McDonnell F-101 Voodoo - by Lud von Pipper

i got lots of pics and data for the F-4D2/F5D-1 Skylancer if it will help, they were very similar to the F4D-1 Skyray, the only difference being engines and all weather interceptor capability

I just started with Gmax, I started with a F-101 voodoo.. but I'm new to modeling so, I'm just trying it how here. And I see that pipper is on that already.. I will have to find a diffrent one. Not sure, I'm gonna go look for blueprints right now, now sure what I'm gonna try to model. The F4D looks like a good project, but I'm not sure if I want to take that plane on.. gonna go look at some blueprints right now.

Cylix

I just went and look up some blueprints, the Douglas F5D "SKYLANCER" looks like a cool plane, I might try that out. IF anyone can help me out be getting pictures and info about it I would appriate it.

thanks

Pictures from sides, front, back, overhead(note* not blueprints already got those)

Cylix

Fast Eagle could u send me some pictures, and the Wing span, Hieght, length ect of the F5D? E-mail addy is warlord81286@earthlink.net

thanks

lemme dig em up and I'll send em in the morning

I have a schematic and tri veiws, but cant email those till I get back to Oceana.

alright, Ill try to dig up the span, length, ect.. alls I have found so far is them in Meters.. I need them in Feet. Ill search aroun the net so I can get started. Map out the blueprints on tot he grid ad all the jazz.. still learnin though. :)

BTW u know how many pylons the F5 has? 4? I'm not sure.

Cylix

Wow, quite the response! I sorta-kinda expected to be labled a freak for liking the Ford...

An F5 would actually be quite cool...better radar and performance.

hehe ,my gramps actually worked on the SKYRAY in real life,he was an engineer under ed HEinemann at douglas aircraft El segundo ,long beach ,wherever they put him lol,he even has the skyray formed in his driveway of his house which is shaped like the b2 l,i'll try to find a pic of the driveway.

also on another note,i emailed him concerning the A4 skyhawk since he worked on that too,i have been told that the A4 did in fact have counter measures,so my question is where my flares or chaff lol