Here are some cockpit pics for you

These as you can guess, are for the best plane in the world.....THE TOMCAT.....

Sorry they're so big in size MJ...and all you 56k'ers

front_rear-pit.jpg

here's the tarps schematic (a sh**ty one from a manual I have)

If you want to include the tarps pod this will help to show you where the cameras are and where they can view

tarps.gif

Components of the TARPS pod are shown in this schematic. Forward looking and horizon to horizon panoramic cameras, as well as an infrared reconnasance set.

The adapter allows the pod to be mounted to station 5. (right rear station beneath the fuselage)

The overall length of the pod is 206.5 in, and it is 26.5 in wide

there is no noticable effect of this pod when added, aside from a slight buffet at high speeds, when flying low altitude

The controls for the pod are located on the left lower console in the rear seat. Thank god I don't have to turn those damn knobs anymore!!!

Damn Yote, you got me salivating like a rabid dog...Pukin' Dog...lol

over your new undertaking. I'm pouring through all my specs and data now. I feel like I'm in flight school all over again!!!

If you want the proper data for the variable geometry wings, send me an email.

I don't wanna post that much info to the public, or use all of MJ's db space for that matter. The tech manual for that is 428 pages and thats just the working dynamics and computerized controls!!!

As you know the Cat's variable geometry wings are controlled by the computer throughout the entire flight envelope. This, while hard to model exactly for a game, is very efficient, as the pilot has one less set of calculations to make while he's in flight.

If you need the data for the lantrin, I can give you what I can, but all I can give you, you can find anywhere on the net, as most is still classified, and they might have to kill me if I told you...lol... well not that extreme, but it would cost me my job!

Now for the questions I got.

Are you doing the A model or A+?

Which engines are you incorporating, the PW-TF30-P412, or the GE F101-GE-400?

If you are doing the A model will you include the glove vanes on the end of the wing roots, for the added stability?

The only other question I have is, what else can I help with?

Guest Ranger332

even though Iam not a fan as is Fast Eagle Ill help in anyway I can :lol:

Although the Tomcat was built for the Phnx Missle, would it be fair for the migs in SF?? I mean talk about no challenge...anyway I WONT be doing a phnx missle..I will leave that up to someone else, because I dont want to have the neg feedback from all the Mig pilots who are gettin ate up by them, lol..and a thanks for the pics of the cockpit...my head hit the keyboard, I might be doing a simplified version, lol..sorry but DAMN! I will get it superclose, but I think it might need to have some things left out..You guys rock tho! One thing I wanna know is, would it be better to connect the wing sweep with the flaps or the throttle? See I was under the impression they were some how connect with the thrust of the jet..please correct me if I'm wrong..

One thing I wanna know is, would it be better to connect the wing sweep with the flaps or the throttle? See I was under the impression they were some how connect with the thrust of the jet..please correct me if I'm wrong..

Yote, the wing sweep should be attached to the throttle. Unlike the F-111 which was controled manually, the sweep wings on the Cat are controlled by computer control throught the entire flight envelope for optimum angle of sweep . The only setting that may be selected by the pilot is fully swept for deck stowage. (This is done to save approx 6.2 feet per bird in the hangar decks and the main deck)

The wings feature variable sweep, ranging from a minimum of 20 degrees to a maximum of 68 degrees (which could be set manually on the ground to as much as 75 degrees for carrier stowage). The variable-sweep wing panels are supported by a massive wing carry-through structure which spans the upper center section of the aircraft, terminating at each end in a large pivot point for the outer moveable wing panels. This carry-through structure is made from electron-beam welded titanium alloy. The fixed wing glove structure forms a diamond-shaped surface. The beam has slight dihedral to reduce the cross sectional area of the central fuselage, reducing drag and assisting in the area-ruling of the fuselage. In order to maintain a snug fit between the trailing edge of the wing and the upper surface of the rear fuselage, the rear edges of the fixed wing glove uses a set of inflatable canvas bags. Teflon paint on the underside of the wing help to ensure that there is minimal abrasion of these bags as the wings are extended or retracted.

Wing sweep angle is automatically controlled by the air-data computer. Throughout the entire speed/maneuver regime, an automatic wing sweep program matches the sweep angle to the optimal position. However, the system can be manually overridden by the pilot in an emergency. Should the wings get stuck in the fully-aft position, the F-14A can still land safely at 200 mph with 4000 pounds of fuel or at 166 mph with 2000 pounds of fuel, in spite of the fact that the wing flaps are inoperative when the wing is swept. The wing has no conventional ailerons, roll control being provided at low speeds by wing-mounted spoilers and at high speeds by the differentially-moving horizontal tailplane. The full-span trailing edge flaps have a small inboard section and a larger outboard section. These flaps are deliberately made inoperative when the wing is swept back to prevent damage. Leading-edge maneuvering slats occupy virtually the full span of the outer wing panel leading edge. To improve combat maneuverability, the slats and outboard flap sections can be deployed while the wing is in the fully-forward position. When wing sweep is greater than 57 degrees, the wing spoilers are locked down, and roll control is provided completely by the differentially-moving horizontal stabilizers.

More on wing sweep and radar

The Central Air Data Computer (CADC) is an AiResearch CP-1166B/A. It uses data from sensors which measure pitot and static pressures, air temperatures, and angle attack to select the optimal wing sweep angle and sends commands to the control surfaces. It also passes to the Air Inlet Control Systems (AICS) the information it needs to set the inlet ramps to their optimal positions. The AN/ARA-63 aircraft approach control system uses the AN/SPN-41 and the AN/TRN-28 transmitting sets. It provides primary or backup instrument approach capability.

The spine of the Tomcat contains blade antennae for the UHF/TACAN and data link/IFF. Radio and navigation equipment on board the aircraft include the APX-71 IFF transponder, AXX-76 IFF interrogator, ARC-51 (later switched to ARC-159) UHF radios, ARR-69 auxiliary receiver, KY-58 cryptographic system, ASN-92 CAINS II (Carrier Aircraft Inertial Navigation System II) inertial navigation system, APN-154 beacon augmenter, APN-194 radar altimeter, Gould ARN-84 TACAN and ARA-50 automatic direction finder. A Harris ASW-27B digital datalink provides high speed data communication between the Tomcat and ship-based command and control systems. This system can also be used to link to the Airborne Tactical Data Systems of Grumman E-2C Hawkeye early warning aircraft. This system can be used to pass target data back and forth between aircraft, extending the effective radar range.

The Tomcat initially carried APR-25 and APR-27 radar warning receivers. These have largely been replaced by the Magnavox ALR-50 which is designed to warn crews of SAM launches. A major upgrade updated this equipment to deal with the SA-6 Gainful missile and its associated Straight Flush radar. The Tomcat is equipped with the Goodyear ALE-39 chaff and flare dispensing system, which has replaced the ALE-29 originally carried. The Tomcat entered service with the Sanders Associateds ALQ-100 noise deception jammer, but this has been replaced with the Sanders AN/ALQ-126A

I know this may seem like mumbo jumbo to some of you, but it essential to the production of this aircraft for SF:P1

Guest Ranger332

yes to the throttle a good modle to check is the addon in CFS2 for the F-14

One thing I wanna know is, would it be better to connect the wing sweep with the flaps or the throttle? See I was under the impression they were some how connect with the thrust of the jet..please correct me if I'm wrong..

Or You Can Link to the Flaps and Have Some Settings For Blow Back.

So they swing back as spped increases.

another issue would be wingtip vortex's

They are static Coordinates and dont move with the aircraft.