Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Janeane Garofalo on FOX news....

Did anyone see the actress Janeane Garofalo on FOX last night? She is featured in an anti-war ad, sponsored by the National Council of Churches.

In the ad, the commercial begins with a warning that some scenes may not be suitable for children. Garofalo suggests that up to a half-million people could be killed or wounded if the United States invades Iraq.

"Do we have the right to do that to a country that's done nothing to us?" Garofalo asks.

Give me a break, Garofalo. During WW2, it wasn't the German civilians that wreaked havoc on the Jews and the rest of the world; it was the Nazi regime. So, I suppose with that idiotic way of thinking, that we should not start a war with Iraq because the people are not to blame? Sheeeesh! Can you imagine what the outcome of WW2 WOULD have been, using this warped logic?????

Oh well, I will simply add this mindless idiot to my list of actors and actresses I will no longer watch, or give credence too.

Chief W.

And besides, Saddam has killed much more than that number himself. His own damn people, no less. Damn, he is nothing more than a modern Hitler who has had the foresight to keep the genocide within his own borders.

Look Chief, nothing will ever change the fact that 98% of the people on Earth are f'ing stupid. Unfortunately for us, America probably has a higher proportion of that because it is the only country where it is OK to be a moron. I mean, its not a good sign when your children are looked down upon by their fellow students for being intelligent, inquisitive and curious. Ya know something else that really hacks me off? Have you ever said to yourself, "I want to learn."? Well, in high school today, learning is held in contempt. How can future generations be expected to prosper when they lack the will to improve themselves?

Its terrible being an eighteen year old cynic with justification.

P.S. Had to censor myself, sorry.

I will get myself in too much trouble if I voice my opinion towards that ignorant nogood for nothing, comercial doing Saddam ass kissing bi**h,

oops there I go, time to stop, but I think you all know my views on this.

She ranks right up there with Jane Fonda...FU**ING TRAITORS!!!

<S> Dickerson.

I hope you arent taking any classes that are somewhat remedial, anything below honors is just like being in daycare.

I dont know where you go to school, or what kind of problems you may be facing, but when I was in H.S. (grad of 2001), I had my own game going. Try not to be overt with your behavior, it just attracts attention, and if your behavior involves answering questions, or doing some sort of volunteer work. This only makes the other students jealous, and they might think that you are a teachers pet.

I only spoke up when I knew the teacher was wrong or I felt that she was going in the wrong direction with a topic (dont go this route, the teacher will give you a sh*tty grade, if you make him/her look bad in front of the class) I should have had a 3.75 in HS but I ended up with a 2.75 (it aint hard to drop a whole letter grade if you piss enough teachers off).

Mate, the secret isnt trying to act cool, or suppressing who you are, its just goin with the flow, but dont be the poser, dont be the guy thats always tryin to get in on the fun, just be you. I just did my own thing the whole time, I enjoyed moderate anonimity* (the "cool" kids knew me, and I knew them, but that didnt make me or them "cool"). I had way more fun in HS, becuase nobody knew what I was doing... I was doing a lot of drugs and going to Orlando and Miami and out to the clubs, and f*cking girls that I would never see again. Whats cool about nobody knowin nothin about you, is that they cant talk sh*t and they cant poke fun and they sure as hell cant gossip or repremand you for what you do. This goes for your parents knowing what you do also.

In short, be smart, but dont let the majority of the studi know, be assertive but do it covertly, most importantly though is to do what you want to do!!! Christ I didnt even go to prom or homecoming ever.... why? Becuase I could save my money and go down south and check out a real party... thinking CLUB SPACE!!!

The best peice of advise I could possibly give you is to be an Individual that can work with/around/through/and without the group. Then it doesnt matter what others think about you. I hope you arent one of those "Goth" kids, not becuase of what they are, but because they draw to much attention to themselves, for such a sh*tty return (Dressing up like the Devil will only bring negative feedback).

One more thing, dont let anybody use you for your brain, I saw a couple of really smart guys get used by the girls (for cheating purposes), If this is you, stop it now, it makes you look like a chump in front of the females, and an asshole in front of the dudes. Notice rocket scientists dont get laid because they put a satelite up, but they do get used in HS and college, by men and women. It's your brain, dont let anybody else use it until they offer you a salary.

Oh yea drugs are bad, bad, bad! But if anybody has any Q's about them, I'm here, and I've done them all.

Christ, I'm starting to feel like a guidance coucelor, just hope somebody wants to listen.

Cheers,

Jay

We should have shot Jane Fonda, and we screwed up when we didnt. Now maybe someone will do the right thing and SHOOT THE BITCH.

sry for my french!

By the way: they are good for nothing and need to be shot also

My God, people. I had no idea I shared such a vibrant, booming community with such people. You draw the comparison between Iraq and the Third Reich. This is a great mistake. Yes, Saddam is evil and is violating international law. But the United States, too, is a place of great evil, degeneracy, and corruption (though in different areas), and has broken a few international regulations and has not paid the UN its dues in quite some time.

If we go to war against Iraq because we perceive a threat in them, does that also mean China can wage war on Taiwan? We possess weapons of mass distruction . Does that mean countries that feel intimidated by us can wage war on us? Remember the Cold War? We didn't wage war on the USSR for possessing deadly weapons. Through deterrence and, later, understanding and peace talks, the problem solved itself. The countries of the old Soviet Union are all virtually friends and allies. If we level Iraq for the destructive potential they may have, we destroy all chance of reconciliation and peace.

Iraq is gassing its own people? America has irradiated its own people! Look at all the atomic tests of the 1940s and 1950s. The government had exact charts of all the radioactive fallout from their tests, thyroid contamination levels for each county. Did they care? People in the Southwest were coming down with horrible forms of cancer, and were filled with fear because they had no idea where it came from. It was the US military, conducting these tests behind a veil of lies and propaganda that made people assume that they could escape from a thermonuclear warhead by hiding under their classroom desks, and that fallout lost its radioactivity in days. The United States told people with cancer it was giving them an experimental cure, when it was actually conducting lethal dosage experiments on them. We are hypocrites if we accuse Iraq of such evils when our own nation bears so many hidden and dark scars.

Why are we so eager to roll over Iraq when we barely glance at North Korea and its more apparent threats? Hatred. The United States harbors great hatred for Iraq, much as the Roman Republic held for Carthage. Desert Storm was a legitimate military action because Iraq was clearly offensive and belligerent. Our mistake was making it an inconclusive operation. Now we are left with our mistake and our hatred. We are eager for anything to prove Baghdad is worthy of destruction.

In the same way, Rome's first Punic War was a legitimate action when Carthage attempted to gain control of Roman territory. It, though, was inconclusive. The Romans were left with their hatred. They were eager for anything to prove Carthage worthy of destruction. When Carthaginian troops crossed their treaty border in order to pursue barbarian marauders, the Romans used this little violation as an excuse to demolish the city-state.

Because this is America, everyone has the right to say whatever they want. Because this is America, though, we also have a grave responsibility that comes with such freedom. We have the responsibility to learn from the past, protect the disadvantaged, and choose wisely. Appealing to our base feelings and belligerent nature can not be the solution.

You forget who founded this country... the most self-righteous assholes to ever walk the face of the earth. Dont ever expect anything from America short of doing what we want.

My only problem is the lies and games that the politicians play, so that they may hide the real reasons for taking action.

Snapp,

Don't worry 'bout me. I'm lucky in that I go to a rather large school, with a large proportion of students in advanced classes, so I am certainly not alone. I'm definately not in any remedial courses or anything; AP all the way, cept for AFJROTC. As for problems, lol, I definately didn't mean to sound like I was having problems. Just commenting on the state of the majority of today's students.

Yes, there is nothing more annoying to me than a dissorderly classroom, that and Rap Music, hell for me would be a Nelly concert in a high school. The horror... the horror... the horror.

On a completely separare note... I wish the terrorists would have crashed into MTV and not the TT's and Pentagon.

But thats why they are terrorists, they dont usually do what their targets want them to do.

Just think of it, no more Britney Spears, or Ja Rule, just perfect, perfect.

I'm getting off topic, so I'll stop.

Cheers,

Jay

we are after iraq because of the oil, nothing more, nothing less. the politicans know this but wont say it. I havent been able to figure why we didnt finish saddam the first time, would have saved lots of trouble and we wouldnt have to worry about doing it again..

bullets are cheap.

savagkc

On a completely separare note... I wish the terrorists would have crashed into MTV and not the TT's and Pentagon.  

But thats why they are terrorists, they dont usually do what their targets want them to do.  

Just think of it, no more Britney Spears, or Ja Rule, just perfect, perfect

Damn XO I would almost pay lots of money for that

has broken a few international regulations and has not paid the UN its dues in quite some time.

What dues may these be?

And why should we owe more than being the U.N.'s personal police force?

Noone listens to jack sh*t from the UN until war with the US is thrown in!!

Then they all want to negotiate, cause who besides Saddam and Pyongyang want to go to war with the US?

As long as civilization exists, there will be war, you might as well realize this.

So do you drag your feet and await defeat, or do you stand up and make sure you aren't gonna be on the receiving end of someones rampage for more land, or for this or that god, or for any other reason???

I'm not and I hope no other person would be dumb enough to sit by and let crazy people to play dangerous games of international chess,

"move this weapon here, aim at the US today, oh hey while we're at it lets send some mustard gas to those Kurds up there who live in tents and have no hospitals to treat the injured, Damn that was a good idea lets do it to those Iranians too. What do you mean if I gas them they will fire back? oh they can only hit 75000 civilians? ok lets do it"

Why are we so eager to roll over Iraq when we barely glance at North Korea and its more apparent threats? Hatred. The United States harbors great hatred for Iraq, much as the Roman Republic held for Carthage. Desert Storm was a legitimate military action because Iraq was clearly offensive and belligerent. Our mistake was making it an inconclusive operation. Now we are left with our mistake and our hatred. We are eager for anything to prove Baghdad is worthy of destruction.

To start with, Iraq's closest ally doesn't field an army twice as big as our population. it's a little hard to PREVENT whats already been done, I mean do you want to let Saddam build a bunch of nukes so it turns to a cold war again, then say "hey thats enough, lets go to Paris an have us some peace talks" Stop him before he has bargaining chips.

As for N.Korea, they already have nukes, and so does China. If you want to go running blindly into that mess, I'll buy you the ticket!!

Look at all the atomic tests of the 1940s and 1950s. The government had exact charts of all the radioactive fallout from their tests, thyroid contamination levels for each county. Did they care? People in the Southwest were coming down with horrible forms of cancer, and were filled with fear because they had no idea where it came from. It was the US military, conducting these tests behind a veil of lies and propaganda that made people assume that they could escape from a thermonuclear warhead by hiding under their classroom desks, and that fallout lost its radioactivity in days. The United States told people with cancer it was giving them an experimental cure, when it was actually conducting lethal dosage experiments on them. We are hypocrites if we accuse Iraq of such evils when our own nation bears so many hidden and dark scars.

let me ask you something DWS, do you buy every conspiracy theory they throw at you? And, do you live in or go to college in Berkely?

Bullsh*t, get rid of these people before it's too late

I wish we could just give the whole area back to the Turks or the Brits, no problems in there when they were under central control.

As for those stupid Gooks in NK, they behaved much better when they were call Manchu's, or they were controled by the Japs.

All these problems can be blamed on giving freedom to people who have never experienced it... look at Russia, its a f*cking mad house over there, the mob runs the whole country, people are going hungry (i think analysts are giving them another 5-10 before they go back to being communists). What I mean by freedom is "self-rule". Do you realize that prior to 1918 there were only like 6-8 real countrys in asia. Big Countrys work better.

I really would like to see China over run the whole damn peninsula. No more Daewoo, or Samsung but those brands suck anyway.

But seriously... Americas obsession with giving everyone freedom from (1945-on) has caused to many problems.

Thats why I want us to stop now, and let some of the other real countries do what they want to do. And no, none of those pissant Kingdoms and Countries in the middle east or far east can be considered real.

If we were to bring back Imperialism, we may still have a few mad men, but I stress a "few" is the key word.

And dont think that Imperialism is never going to come back. NATO is probably going to dissolve in anther couple years, and the UN is acting like a bunch of pussy's.

It's time we start using our military for something more than super pigs.

But thats just my opinion... f*ck off if you dont like it.

One man's freedom, is another man's prison.