Sign in to follow this  
zagnut

CFS3 rabble

:x I'm pist......

I just want you guys to know the CFS3 blows chunks. Buggy as all hell. It's got a great idea w/ possibilities, and maybe the modders will fix the probs, but right now, a few hours after buying and trying to play this infernal P.O.S., don't get it. It's a waste of time untill a patch comes out. I gave it a whole hearted shot, but it wont work. I just got done uninstalling and I'm going back to return this and get Strike Fighters. Good luck.

I tried it also..got rid of it fast!!(same day).what a waste of what could have been a truely great sim! :roll:

I couldn't wait to get this sim, all the hype, all the anticipation.

I finally got it, ripped the package to shreds to play

Just to find that the GI Joe cartoons I watched as a kid were better. The graphics look like 3rd grade cartoons, the playability sucks, the planes are nothing you cant get in any other of the million WWII flight sims,and the campaigns are lame as hell, and for just another WWII sim, that don't cut the mustard for me.

So to say the least IT F@#$IN SUCKS

As a matter of fact I feel the same way about IL-2 POS WAIST OF MONEY

EDIT

Still the wrong era for me but I can't compare this with MS CFS3. It is a good game for those into WWII fighter sims. And it was worth the money, even though I should have waited for the Feb release

Aww now come on.. hehe Maybe WWII aviation enthusiasts should play sims like IL-2, and you should buy an X-Box. There is nothing POS about IL-2 Sturmovik, period. Its the finest prop-sim I have ever had the pleasure of playing.

As far as CFS3 goes, I have never played it, but heard the same thing from everyone about how badly it sucks. Hey thats a microsoft game for you.

But IL-2, again.... is totally Sierra Hotel. :D

Can't say anything about CFS3, but most folks who bought it seem totally dissapointed. Too bad, I really like CFS2 except for the cartoon stuff. But those 1% models are great!.

But alas, I'm with the last poster, IL2 is the King of the WWII Sims IMHO.

BirdDogg. 8)

Well I gave in and bought IL-2.

Pretty damn good for the era, definately not as bad as I thought after I played for a few hours (only played friends a few times before). What a difference the PC makes for the game (my friends sucks...500MHz slow)

Graphics are nice and playability is great. The game doesn't appear so choppy on my PC, but haven't tried multiplayer yet.

Yeah, Fast Eagle's not gonna recieve much support from me! Il-2 is the absolute top of the line WWII sim, and currently, it might be the best sim out period.

I am ticking off the days till Forgotten Battles. That dynamic campaign is going to take Il-2 through the roof. I've already got my absentee notes for school written out. "Mrs. Hoover, our son Sam was unable to come to school the last week because, of... um... amebic dyssentary, yeah, thats it."

I have been doing all the tweaking for CFS3 and found that changing the MaxFPS in the default folder made a big difference in performance---got rid of the stutter about 90% and allowed higher graphic settings. It is very playable on my machine. Set at 30 now.

Athlon 2.1 gig, G4 4400 128meg, 512 meg ram.....my graphic settings are on 4. I have done a number of other recommended tweaks (making sure duel pass render is unchecked).

I'm hoping M$ patch will improve it more...little bugs...and I'm sure 3rd party modders will make the same kind of difference they made in CFS2.

IL-2 is THE WW2 sim on the market today..period thte FMs and DMs are second to none and with Forgotten Battles coming along soon...I will be waiting in laine for that one.As for M$ I enjoy a flight around the mountain in FS2K and after buying CFS3 I decided never agin would I tryst MS for combat flight sims.

Well, i have it and find it quite enjoyable once all the tweaking was done. Its not really a bad sim, just needs some polishing up. With a patch expected (who would ever guess that MS would admit to a fault) soon and all the 3rd party guys working to improve it. I expect tohave it around for a while. Much as i like SFP1, there is still nothing like a close-up kill!

Only drawback now is that i still have a little stutter (hoping patch will fix it).

MS says: game was made for top-end systems and future (read more powerful) systems.

They are changing this as we speak, i wish them luck. Seems like this one hurt MS in the pocket book, thats why a patch is coming (and all the complaints (must have been thousands just from Netwings site).

Savagkc

Gateway P4

1.4GHtz sys

Nvidia TI4200 (128 meg) graphics card

SB is Xgamer 5.1

19in Monitor

WinME