Sign in to follow this  
Coyote

Community involvement

As I slave away at work, I thought damn I gotta get home and try and get these intakes right on this A model cat..I thought well, I have to comeup with a loadout image, and its gotta be packaged with a hanger screen too..Then I thought why not see if MadJeff would host alittle contest here..we could have the community members submit screen shots of there Tomcat hanger screens, then have the community vote the bvest one. Then I would package the winners submission with the final product, as well as credit them in the readme..not a big prize, but I think this cat is gonna be one of the biggest releases since the AH-1...so what do you guys think? MadJeff can we do that??

That's a great idea! Let me get some things in place on this end so people can submit and vote on the images. I'll get back to you tonight.

Cool MJ! thanks for hosting it! YOU ROCK! thanks for the loadout image Fast Eagle, now get to work on the hanger! I cant wait to see your submission!

in game shot of the hanger screen... (Little Blurry Cause I Compressed the BMP in a Hurry..

Actually Quality is the same as the one above..

F-14Hangaringame.jpg

hey that's not a P-51! Oh well still can't wait for either of them! Keep up the good work.

Here's my first attempt, crappy in my opinion, but first try none the less.

Can anyone tell me how to take screenshots of the hangar ingame? I tried the screenshot button, but no workee.

F-14_Hangar.jpg

Sorry this isn't in .bmp format for the pic. It is for the hangarscreen, but I dont know how to compress the .bmp and it's 2.25M

Too big for the boards, and the 56k'ers

u want it for carrier or land ops? :D

and how many submissions per person? lol, i can have about 10+ good ones turned out in a few hours...... :twisted:

Sounds like a good idea to me. How long do you think it will take you to build the F-14?

Here's my first attempt, crappy in my opinion, but first try none the less.

Can anyone tell me how to take screenshots of the hangar ingame? I tried the screenshot button, but no workee.

F-14_Hangar.jpg

Sorry this isn't in .bmp format for the pic. It is for the hangarscreen, but I dont know how to compress the .bmp and it's 2.25M  

Too big for the boards, and the 56k'ers

Nice Pic of that VF-101 Grim Reapers Bird.

Question? Is that in front of NAS OCEANA Hangars or is that and airshow pic from some where else..

:shock: wow some really good hangers goin in..Look at Dueces all american hanger..Does the Cat ever take a bad pic?? anywho, some asked how long it would take me? well, I dont know...This is my first model in awhile, and its turning out to be a difficult one at that..the Cat doesnt have the typical shape of other aircraft, then theres the skeleton. I'm trying to get the wing sweep in there, the airbrake, the tail hook, and trying to figure out what to link the canopy to. I wanna get a working canopy, I've seen alot of requests for those, so I figure I wanna get it on my model. I think what I need to do is approach this in another way. I'm trying to do too much at one time. I need to work one thing and go on to the next...I will release screens when I get the wing sweep worked out..I've also decided that when it is released its just gonna have a bare metal finish no squad marking, then release some squad skins in weeks after.

ok, i worked up a few, jsut gonna post the jpeg variants, i have the bmp versions already in SF format.

How can I take an in game screenie of the hangarscreen? Like Digital Overload's

I've got a cool one but I can't take a damn screenshot of it to post it here

heh, crash your plane and then use the free roam camera?

tahts how i made the blank revetment screen for download.

Fast Eagle--While in your hanger screen hit "Print Screen"...Windows has it copied to clipboard....exit the game ...open you image proggy, PSP,PS whatever...create a new blank document and then hit CTRL+V and your screenshot will paste into the documnet.

Nice change of the screen, also, the screen shots are all kept in the screen shot folder, lol

I just got mine finished

Umm

You got that there image from Google and Flipped it horizontally :)