Sign in to follow this  
charlielima

I Can't Download

Hey Gruppe and Mods, is anybody else having problems down loading the good stuff from this site? I keep getting shot down for just a small skin file here but I'm still able to download a 6 meg + file from another site. This is my prefered site. I'm not trying to state or hint that there is a better site then this. I just want my CA back. :ph34r: Thanks ALL. CL

A Link would be helpful

Hi;

Here are some of the top responses I send to fix problems.

1. Make sure your browser settings allow for cookies from our domain combatace.com. If your security is set too high the site can't pass the information to your browser correctly. Try lowering them or setting them to a default setting.

2. Make sure your browser allows pop-ups from our site. All downloads are passed through a pop-up window to minimize full windows we open. If you use a pop-up blocker OEM or otherwise, disable it, or configure it to allow pop-ups from our site. We do not send advertisements or any other junk in pop-ups, it's safe to allow them here.

3. Is your account validated? Once you sign up for a username and password to access the forums and downloads we will send you an email to validate your account. If you don't receive this email because of security or spam settings on your email account then you will not be allowed to member only features such as downloads. Before joining please make sure you've allowed email from our domain at combatace.com.

4. Firewall / Antivirus software needs to be configured or set to allow for downloads and pop-ups. For obvious reasons we can't support each specific vendor's software and have to rely on the enduser (you) to make sure these types of security software are configured for our site.

The good folks here work hard to keep our site safe and user friendly. While we can't guarantee that the internet is safe for everyone, we at least want you to know that your time here is and will remain a browser safe environment.

Not all of these may apply to you specifically, but they are the top responses I send to existing and new members.

I hope this helps and as Fates mentioned if you have more details we'd be happy to dig deeper into finding a resolve.

Regards;

Erik

Hello,

I can´t download/upload too,

it says "You do not have access to this section of the site".

second I cant link pictures from my storage site, but until picture upload is working there is not much problem

Do I need something? Thanx for the reply. Monty

Hi Monty,

Since the "upgrade" at the weekend we're finding & fixing all sorts of glitches.

Thanks for reporting it & Erik or Fates will get on it, please stand by.

Btw, you were logged in?

Hi,

I just tried to download some F14 skins, and i get the error: You do not have enough posts to download files yet.

I have downloaded some stuff recently with no problems until now.

To upload images you can:

Click the "My Controls" on the top right menu bar of this page.

Once on the "My Controls" panel find the link to "Create Album" in the left panel.

Follow the on-screen instructions to add an album and then add images to it. :)

----

As of today all uploading and downloading issues have been resolved for all members.

----

If you're still having problems please let us know.

Regards;

Ronbo -- When your post count reaches 5 you'll be able to download.

You need to have 5 posts to be able to download. 3 to go!

afaik we've dropped that requirement now

Hi,

I've been waiting for all the upgrading to be completed & issues to sort themselves out, but as of today still cannot download since Jan. 23 2007.

After making sure I am logged in and going through all the menus (still showing as logged in) I get to the specific download page for the file I want, hit the "download file" button, and get an error message saying I have to be registered and logged in before dowloading. Then I re-log-in and go through the same cycle over and over.

I download from many sites without a problem, and up till 1/23/07 everything was fine with Combatace.

Any help on this?

Thanks

What ISP and browser are you using?

Are you allowing cookies to be set by our site? This is usually in the browser options > security tab. If not you won't be able to stay logged in.

OK Looks good so far.

I put Combatace on a list of "managed web sites" to allow all cookies.

It's the only site on the list!

Thanks a lot!

Hey Gruppe and Mods, is anybody else having problems down loading the good stuff from this site? I keep getting shot down for just a small skin file here but I'm still able to download a 6 meg + file from another site. This is my prefered site. I'm not trying to state or hint that there is a better site then this. I just want my CA back. :ph34r: Thanks ALL. CL

Awesome website. The layout and content look awesome. I only just purchased WOE and was looking for unofficial content (new aircraft scenery etc) and looks like this is the place. Unfortunately I have spent an awfully long time finding out how to download from the site (as a newbie this can be frustrating), then found a rule about the "5 posts before downloads are allowed". It's a shame because it's a bit of a carch 22 situation. How can you comment on something that you can't download? I appreciate that the guys putting the content out there deserve praise and some people would happily use this page as a download only pit stop but for those of us who want to honestly become part of the community this presents an uncomfortable barrier and is not a nice welcome to a new forum.

Hopefully I will quickly get 5 posts and be able to download. I was very nearly put off altogether but after trawling Google for alternative sites I found that this is the best (if not only) place so I came back and tried again. So just IMHO the rule does not put across a good first impression.

Anyway, grmbling aside I am looking forward to seeing some of the new aircraft and the hard work people have put into these games. Oh, can anyone point me in the direction of an idiot's guide to installing & using the new aircraft or maps etc?

Many thanks.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but as I said I'm new so bear with me.

welcome :yes: but if you read the thread you would have seen that afaik we dropped the "5 post to download" ages ago - it was only trialled briefly.

so, what problem are you having?

welcome :yes: but if you read the thread you would have seen that afaik we dropped the "5 post to download" ages ago - it was only trialled briefly.

so, what problem are you having?

My bad,

I was having an awful time of it yesterday and everything I clicked on said "You are not authorized". Then I found the 5 posts thing, then I found out that it had been scrapped and I have successfully downloaded one aircraft to try.

So, currently no problems, other than being so new I don't have the first clue how to actually integrate any of the new content into my WOE game. Can you point me to a relevant thread or guide?

Welcome aboard, to know how to add content, just have a look a the Knowledge Base : http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showforum=99

It should answer most questions a beginner can have.

Otherwise you'll always find someone to help you for matters not covered.

As a rule, do a copy of your installation pre-modifications (or after a succesful one you'd like to use as a basis), so you can freely experiment with the game without fearing to break anything.

Have fun.

Welcome aboard, to know how to add content, just have a look a the Knowledge Base : http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showforum=99

As a rule, do a copy of your installation pre-modifications (or after a succesful one you'd like to use as a basis), so you can freely experiment with the game without fearing to break anything.

Have fun.

The quality of the ReadMe files is excellent. Those will give you what you need to download most things here and then there is CA's extensive Knowledgebase. My suggestion is to download some environmental enhancements to WoE (e.g. weather effects and terrain), install them, and ensure they are functioning properly, then get the latest weapons kits. Following successful installation and function tests, then start with the aircraft. Please follow the directions and make backups when suggested. Welcome aboard.

Have fun.

Hi Gunrunner, thanks for th info and the warm welcome. I looked in the section via the link in your post but the "Adding Aircraft" section is empty (possibly been moved or no-one uses this section anymore?). The skins readme was great though I can figure that out it ws very detailed.

Hmm not sure where that is then - well you may have to search on some old threads for some of the info - the short version of installing a plane is

Download it

Extract it to a folder on your desktop

Move the actual aircrafts folder (ie F-14B) to .../wov/objects/aircraft/ for example

You will see all the othe planes in there so check out how they are arranged if you are not sure.

the read me that comes with the plane may have instructions also