Sign in to follow this  

Hi folks

I have just installed WoV with latest patch (the game has been released again in Europe). Now I have seen many nice maps to add but it always refer to some ".cat" files and to some "Strike Fighters Project" sub directories...

my question is : where can I find maps that are compatible with WoV and how exaclty can I install those maps ?

Thanks for any help, sorry: I warned you, this is a newbie question ;)

Lipo

Salve et tu, swiss_lipo

If you use the search, you'll probably be able to find a lot on the subject; but for the basics alone:

When you download terrain, you can generally just extract the folder into the \Programs\Wings Over Vietnam\Terrain directory (drag and drop usually works too). If there are more details for the installation, they'll likely be included with the terrain. Also, most terrain says "SFP1" or "WoV" denoting which simulation the terrain is for in the notes. Some work with both. I took the Vietnam SEA map from WoV and put it into SFP1 and it works fine.

Hope this helps!

Vale,

-"Caesar"

Hey Caesar !

I knew the method about adding the new maps in the "Terrain" folder. And you are right: for the recent maps it is said if it can be installed with WoV or not (most of the time the maps are buit for SFP and with luck they work for WoV).

About the complete method, you were right: I found some help somewhere in the forum and now I know how to replace the famous desert.cat by the VietnamSEA.cat file !

But I have to admit that since the game is not too recent I often see comments like "as usual" or "same method as previous mods" ... so for a poor newbie that was not easy to begin !

Thanks anyway for your help, CIAO !

Lipo

Hi, Caesar ........and you havn't some carriers on the ground ? and some T55 and shilka on the sea ?

Salvete;

I'm glad I could be of at least some assistance, swiss. Hunter: none that I could see; I've had to add the carriers to SFP1 in the first place, and figure their locations using the mission editors, but I haven't yet encountered any T55's or AAA in the sea...of course, that could eventually change, by mission; I'm still experimenting with it.

On a side note, when I added CVAN-65 to a custom desert mission, I mis-placed it and it was steaming along at 35kt on the desert, climbing the dunes and whatnot :blink:

Vale,

-"Caesar"

Edit: After a few more mission tests, no, the Vietnam SEA map does not place ground targets in the sea or vice versa in my version of SFP-1.

Edited by Caesar

Good question SL. My member status is "member" but I haven't pulled of what you are trying to do. CL

Edited by charlielima