Sign in to follow this  
AWL_Spinner

OT: Mirage fans, beautiful video for you

Warning for those without monster connections - it's 150Mb - don't try and stream it, download when given the option!

This is a French Alpha-Jet and Mirage 2000 (I think it's a 2000 anyway) playing air-combat over some beautiful scenery. The camera work is just first class, really first class and looks great on a big screen. The French do seem to come up with some cracking jet videos!

http://www.patricksaviation.com/aviation_v...s/486/The_Chase

:clapping:

Wow that was really nice. The film quality really was amazing. I kind of liked the music too.

This is a French Alpha-Jet and Mirage 2000 (I think it's a 2000 anyway) playing air-combat over some beautiful scenery. The camera work is just first class, really first class and looks great on a big screen. The French do seem to come up with some cracking jet videos!

Wasn't able to playback this video yet, downloaded 2 times and it gives 'codec downloading...error downloading codec' in Media Player, tried downloading the recomended latest DivX codecs, still no success...tried even VirtualDub with Klite codecs package, it says 'MPEG mal-formation' or something... :(

But if it's awesome French footage, I could guess it's somehow related to the movie 'Les Chevaliers du ciel', a 2005 action movie with very well done flying scenes. Worth a look! :)

Edited by Dante-JT

Wasn't able to playback this video yet, downloaded 2 times and it gives 'codec downloading...error downloading codec' in Media Player, tried downloading the recomended latest DivX codecs, still no success...tried even VirtualDub with Klite codecs package, it says 'MPEG mal-formation' or something... :(

Hmm - I have two PCs, one is my gaming rig (Athlon XP, Radeon 9600Pro) and it works just fine

The second is my living room media box which plays through the telly and is an old Duron with a pre-Radeon all-in-wonder card.

Software is identical on the two boxes (XP Pro, Media Player 10, latest XVid, latest Windows Media codecs) but I get exactly the same error as you on the second, older machine.

Maybe it's something to do with hardware or video cards as it worked right off the bat on my main PC (which is a shame, as I wanted to watch it on the big screen!)

Cheers, Spinner

Hmm - I have two PCs, one is my gaming rig (Athlon XP, Radeon 9600Pro) and it works just fine

The second is my living room media box which plays through the telly and is an old Duron with a pre-Radeon all-in-wonder card.

Software is identical on the two boxes (XP Pro, Media Player 10, latest XVid, latest Windows Media codecs) but I get exactly the same error as you on the second, older machine.

Maybe it's something to do with hardware or video cards as it worked right off the bat on my main PC (which is a shame, as I wanted to watch it on the big screen!)

Cheers, Spinner

I can see the video with the VLC players. Free download frome here: http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/...0.8.2-win32.exe

Wow, that worked, thanks!

Now I can watch it on my TV!

Should sort out your issues too Dante, be a shame to waste such a big download!

:clapping:

Indeed! Works, thanks Berkut! :clapping:

And I confirm, it's one of the flight scenes from Les Chevaliers Du Cieu ! Fantastic movie, finally (after so many years of CG plane movies) one with real planes in gorgeous locations!

Indeed! Works, thanks Berkut! :clapping:

And I confirm, it's one of the flight scenes from Les Chevaliers Du Cieu ! Fantastic movie, finally (after so many years of CG plane movies) one with real planes in gorgeous locations!

Somebody have the subs in spanish from that movie?

Edited by Berkut RnR