Well.. I just started on my very frist modeling project. The F-3H Demon. I don't know if this is already in progress or not, if it is, this is just practice for me then. I created the fuselage and shaped the nose abit there. Of course this is in Gmax, and if I want to use it in the game I will have to convert the gmax file into a 3dmax file and if some kind person with 3dmax could export it into a LOD for me once its done, thats if its not already in progress. A shot below on my progress after a few hours.. *Note I'm a beginner so..*

Fuselage created, nose is shaped a bit so far too

progressf31.jpg

By the way, to you modelers, does it look alright so far? any tips for me? suggestions, and all other comments too :D

Cylix

Guest Ranger332

nice work as always :shock:

Guest Ranger332

F3HFrontQtrThumb.jpg

F3HRearOblique.jpg

F3HDemonThumb.jpg

Another problem with Demon was a lack of range. While the aircraft could carry two external fuel tanks, the mountings were so close together that attaching both would substantially increase the drag, so usually only one was mounted. To some extent this problem was ameliorated by the capability for inflight refueling and when expertly flown its normal loiter time could be considerably stretched.

DemonUndersideThumb.jpg

http://www.ccdemo.info/AircraftPix/Demon.html

http://avia.russian.ee/air/usa/mcdonnel_demon.html

mcdonnel_demon-s.gif

hope this is of some use. your off to a good start 8) :thumbup:

Ranger,

Turns out that monty is on the F3H DEMON, but he stoped and some else wants to do it. I'm just doing this as a practice for now, I might do a Mirage F-1

Mirage IV

Mirage 5

or something or a mirage.

it looks great and will be great in the game. if there is anything i can do to help with it please just ask. thank you for undertaking the building this a/c.

Guest Sony Tuckson

Cylix

if you go for a Mirage V, contact me

I'm from Belgium where we had Mirage V for about 23 years

I'm well documented and could help you on that :wink: