Sign in to follow this  
snapple2993

Flanker 2.5 sucks for Joystick

Just picked up the Russian enigma wednesday, and man is it a bitch to figure out.

I like the modeling and it looks like a promising game, but does anybody know how to get all of the buttons on my X45 to work with the game.

Christ in SF and IL2, I never have to move my hands from the stick/throttle... and thats the way it should be.

Does anybody have any mods/hacks/improvements to... well... improve this game.

Oh, skip if you read this... I tried to return it and the F-18 (poser), to CompUSA, and the hagg at customer service wasnt gonna give me store cred if I promised to be her first f*ck in her miserable petty insignificant store clerk life.... lucky you for getting to return it.

Guest Ranger332

go to saitek and get the profiler for your stick and go from there

The button mapping is a little tricky, however it can be done.

I use a X45 with Flanker, first make sure you have a printout of the Controllers button ID, then go into Flankers Joystick button mapping menu.

You will more then likely have to map some basic routines then fly and try and tweak some more. It's not the most intuative system but the rewards are good.

I hope this helps

BirdDogg.

Buy a Cougar? :D

I could, but I dont think thats gonna help... X45 is just a cheap cougar, actually i think the x45 has more options, but i dont know for sure.

Cougar works perfect for it. Before my Cougar, I couldn't get dick done on it, and that was a F-16 combat stick and Hotas.

Cougar has worked great, CD even provides a Flanker 2.5 set up. Just d/l to device and ready to go.

pdbadge.gif

go to saitek and get the profiler for your stick and go from there

damn, see i got the profiler, it came with the stick, but i just went to the site, and they have custom profiles for a bunch of games, just not for flanker.... what a drag.

I really dont wont to have to go through all those sub modes, and the game doesnt even register all the buttons on the X45, it only registers like 16 of'em, when theres like 50.

Guess im just gonna have to bear down on this one... damn computers, so damn demanding. :x :x :x