Ok My tail decal for f4 looks greate (Needs a little touch up)

Like th VF-96 It covers the vertstab and the rudder. When I add a num to the VS I lose one of the num or A left/right TGA any idea's???

Also I converted a F-4E To a J Works with VF-96 but no tail num or vent or bn, I tried to set .ini to look at the file path no help?

I don't exactly understand what your problem is... are you trying to get your decal to stretch over the rudder AND the vertical stabilizer? If so, there are two seperate meshes for the rudder and stabilizer, therefore two diffrent paths in the decal.ini.

If that didn't help, there is a good tutorial for implementing decals at: www.bobsyouruncle.net/StrikeFighterSkins.htm

I found it to be very helpful.

I think your'e exceding the decal mesh limit. You can only have 4 decals per mesh and don't forget on the tail that mean both sides. So you can only put 2 decals per side on the tail.

Ok Just the vertical stab, Decal right XXX Ok, Decal Left XXX ok.Num Decal right XXX Ok, NumDecal Left at XXX Is a no show, Drop Any One of the Four , the Left over Three Show, Rudder Makes no changes , Also my stock F100 (USAF) Won't Show all decals, I Did A Fresh Install On My Backup PC W/Patch ( No other things added) , Same with the F100.

Have a RADON 7500 64Mb

P3 700 w/320Mb ram

IN Short I'm Gitting Only 3 Tga's per Mesh.

Stumped!!

I've actually had a similar problem with the Blue Angels skin I've been working on. When I load this skin for the A4E, my plane looks fine, but my wingmen that are retaining the default squadron decals (VA-36 Roadrunners) have a blank left rudder. I'm using a scratch .ini file using only the nation id decal level.

The bugs mentioned in this thread are probably why none of the downoadable skins have .tga files for the decals, but rather include all their requried "decals" into the .bmp file. I would imagine Thirdwire will include a more intuitive system in future patches (like an actual decal folder, with visible default .tga files).

????? Max decal level, Iv'e changed it on a lot of skins from 4 to,3,2,1 and I see no change,

Stumped, Have any insight. :?:

Actually J.Burns, There are a few of us skinners that use the decal system. It works great but does provide its share of headaches when first learning.

Raven the max lod setting is there to determine how far away the decal is visible.I f you would like to send me the decals .ini folder I can take a look at it and see if I can help you.

tiwaz@shaw.ca

Guest Sony Tuckson

Indeed, and thanks to Tiwaz I now also uses decals in TGA format

it causes some headaches but multiply possibilities......

I reloaded SFP-1 on my backup Comp Cleane W/Patch, The F100D USAF are showingn up fine, so I think IT might be my ATI 7500. MY backup Has a ATI 7000, I've juncked up my skins and Added a lot of TGA'S . I wonder if their's a comflict with the Object CAT file?? I shreded the INI So I'll have to redo it ,Also I'm trying 64X64 TGA'S next. My stock VF96 Drops Tail numbers and the 5800 Decals also.

Tiwaz I reloaded SFP-1 on my backup Comp Cleane W/Patch, The F100D USAF are showingn up fine, so I think IT might be my ATI 7500. MY backup Has a ATI 7000, I've juncked up my skins and Added a lot of TGA'S . I wonder if their's a comflict with the Object CAT file?? I shreded the INI So I'll have to redo it ,Also I'm trying 64X64 TGA'S next. My stock VF96 Drops Tail numbers and the 5800 Decals also.

Tiwaz I reloaded SFP-1 on my backup Comp Cleane W/Patch, The F100D USAF are showingn up fine, so I think IT might be my ATI 7500. MY backup Has a ATI 7000, I've juncked up my skins and Added a lot of TGA'S . I wonder if their's a comflict with the Object CAT file?? I shreded the INI So I'll have to redo it ,Also I'm trying 64X64 TGA'S next. My stock VF96 Drops Tail numbers and the 5800 Decals also.