circa 1960

Beta03 Feb 17, 2003 released

Beta03 Feb 16, 2003

Beta02 Feb 16, 2003

by Galen Thurber

galen@flightsimhq.org

http://flightsimhq.org/

F-100D and F fighters were supplied to Denmark's

Det Kongelige Danske Flyvevaben beginning in July of 1959.

limitations:

no serial code decals are available yet, so I used a 3-digit USN

FilenameFormat=USNFighterNum

numbers.lst is correct but limited

previews:

F-100D-Danish03.jpg

F-100D-Danish02.jpg

tail slide fun !

F-100 was very crash prone, so far I have only found one serial number of a survivour, it went to Turkey (but it may have crashed there)

Have fun crashing the HUN in style

:D

Guest Ranger332

I have flow meny F-100 missions without crashing,just need to pay attention it like a few other craft in the game and for real arnt forgiving of mistakes. Just as some cant drive a stick dosent mean sticks are crash prone. Yea just gota know what the heck ya doing

im035.jpg

texasraider.jpg

It all is a matter of choice and mission

Guest Ranger332

Few photographs of the RF-100A have been published and even fewer details are available about its service. The few photos of the RF-100A that have appeared in print tend to be blurry and indistinct, obviously being copies of copies of copies. There exists a photograph of one RF-100A painted with the spurious serial number of 53-2600 (actually an F-89 Scorpion serial number). The reason for the reluctance to speak openly about the RF-100A seems to be because this aircraft (along with lots of other types) participated in some rather dangerous reconnaissance missions flown over Soviet-occupied territories in Europe during the darkest days of the Cold War. RF-100As would dash at high speed across the Iron Curtain, take their pictures, then beat a hasty retreat before defenses had time to react. Needless to say, very few details are available about these missions. Now that the Cold War is over, perhaps the veil of secrecy that surrounds these missions can finally be lifted.

After an exhaustive investigation, the source of the F-100A's stability problems was traced to its new shorter tail, which USAF test pilots had suspected all along. A decision was made to switch back to the original taller tail of the YF-100A. 27 percent more vertical tail area was added, which served to delay the onset of instability to speeds above Mach 1.4

this may be what your basing some things on?

Guest Ranger332

When American bombing raids against North Vietnam began in 1964, combat losses of US aircraft began to mount. Many of these losses were caused by the increasingly effective use by the North Vietnamese of radar-guided surface-to-air missiles. Someone in the USAF got the bright idea that the best way to defeat the surface-to-air missile threat was to destroy or otherwise shut down their guidance radars, leaving enemy missile sites effectively blind and impotent.

The modified F-100Fs carried the usual load of 20-mm cannon ammunition plus a pair of LAU-3 canisters loaded with 24 rockets which served as markers as well as weapons which could demolish a radar site. Fighter-bombers accompanying the F-100F would then attack the target with iron bombs. The project was given the name *Wild Weasel*, after the fierce little mammal which has a reputation of being so fearless that it pursues its prey into its very den.

The first F-100F Wild Weasel I aircraft arrived in Southeast Asia in November of 1965. The first Wild Weasel F-100F combat mission was flown on December 3. The missions were flown under the codename *Iron Hand*, and the antiradar missions were usually flown by one F-100F accompanied by four F-105s. The F-100F would identify and mark the radar site for attack by the accompanying F-105Ds.

Later, F-100Fs carried AGM-45A Shrike antiradiation missiles. The Shrike missile contained a passive homing system which detected the enemy radar beam and followed it all the way back to its source. The first combat use of the Shrike was on April 18, 1966, when F-100Fs themselves began attacking North Vietnamese radar sites.

On August 11, 1967, Lt.Col. James E. McInerney Jr and Capt. Fred Shannon in an F-100F led a mission that destroyed six SAM sites and damaged four, clearing the way for a strike on Hanoi's Paul Doumer Bridge.

Having proven the general concept, the F-100F Wild Weasel I was eventually replaced by the F-105F Wild Weasel III and the F-4 Wild Weasel IV

F-100Fs also flew as forward air controller (FAC) aircraft, replacing lighter planes such as the Cessna O-2 Bird Dog in this role. This switch was made after enemy antiaircraft made it too hazardous for light planes to operate, especially in areas where there were SAMS, AAA, or the threat of MiGs. The crew member in the rear seat had the maps, carried a hand-held strike camera, and communicated by radio with the fighters in the strike team. When the strike team arrived at the target, the pilot would fire the markers and the rear seat would direct the strike. These high-speed FAC missions were flown under the codename *Misty*.

F-100Fs were phased out of the active Air Force inventory and passed along to the Air National Guard.

as you can see the F-100 flew extremly hazerdest duty.

Guest GlobalTribunal

ok so you can copy and paste, but should you not provide credits or even URL to the copyrighted works? Just an idea

Guest Ranger332

note required from my notes,you see the main diff between you and me Iam An actual member of the US Armed Forces,not a simulator---or as we say a "whann BEE" slang for one that is not as he wishes or protrasdustdevils.jpg

Guest GlobalTribunal

Ranger332, the internet is full of phonies.

I understand now why some persons have high post counts. High noise and scatological mentality

Guest Ranger332

roflol my my my a costic canadian (note lower case for lower person)

as you seem to want a joust I will denie you your wants

Guest GlobalTribunal

gess you are wind bag... cripes

start your post of plagerized material and quit pissing over my post.

get lost

Guest Ranger332

the use of the F-100 is a matter of if you like it just as some like catties some buicks others VW. all should try the craft see if they like it see which missions it works best in. them form your own opinion( the F-100 is not a mig master,but its very effectif in SEAD missions. Its not an F4 only has one eng.,but it can do the job----rember unlike real Airforce pilots you get to change craft during missions---even after being assigned one --so enjoy all of the If it dosent work just hit replay and try another craft till you get your effect "Mission Complet"