Sign in to follow this  

There was a line in an INI somewhere that gave all kinds of diagnostic info, including FPS, but it has been years

since I used it.

Let me try a search...

yes, there is a debug mode (DebugTxt = true in the HudData.ini iirc) which includes fps along with several lines of other stuff.

you're just as well off with FRAPS

Cheers Buff.

Was unable to find that as I thought it was the options.ini.

ok, i'm using fraps. about the radar icon in the upper right corner? i read somewhere about removing this icon. without getting too in depth....thank you...

Guest zerocinco

It's called [1815 Flight] and it's in the downloads somewhere. One of the early posting. Deuces, I think. Not sure.

Edited by zerocinco

The HudData.ini is the file you seek. It resides in the flightdata.cab file and must be extracted for editing.

ok, i'm using fraps. about the radar icon in the upper right corner? i read somewhere about removing this icon. without getting too in depth....thank you...

In the sticky http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=8786

Optional: To remove the radar display in the upper right hand corner of the screen during flight when the HUD Display is set in Normal mode, Extract the HUDDATA.INI file from \Flight\FlightData.cat. Edit with Notepad the following section as given to change the Width= and Height= to 0. Personal preference for sure, but that radar in the sky really mucks up screen shots and video captures. Your eyes should be scanning for bandits anyway.

Change this:

[Display004]

DisplayType=RADAR

PosX=0.865

PosY=0.015

Width=0.125

Height=0.16666667

Alpha=0.60

InitTime=2.0

To this:

[Display004]

DisplayType=RADAR

PosX=0.865

PosY=0.015

Width=0

Height=0

Alpha=0.60

InitTime=2.0

ok, i got it..... thanks everyone!... :grin:......also, is there an article that explains how to make the migs or other AI planes flyable?....thanks..

Edited by drag n fly

just stick a cockpit in it :)

there's a "fly all Migs" mod around though which does that for you.

Oh, look - it's in exactly the same sticky ... :rolleyes:

"Flying New (previously non-flyable) Aircraft

Previously non-flyable aircraft can be flown as follows. MajorLee has a flyable SU-7B.

Say you want to fly the Mig-21Mf, which is in \Strike Fighters\Objects\Aircraft\MiG-21MF

Open the *.INI file in that folder. It will look like this:

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=MiG-21MF Fishbed-J

AircraftDataFile=MiG-21MF_data.ini

LoadoutFile=MiG-21MF_loadout.ini

Change it to look like this:

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=MiG-21MF Fishbed-J

AircraftDataFile=MiG-21MF_data.ini

CockpitDataFile=F-104G_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=MiG-21MF_hangar.bmp

LoadoutImage=MiG-21MF_loadout.bmp

LoadoutFile=MiG-21MF_loadout.ini

The MiG-21MF will use the F-104G cockpit.

Now use the hangar.bmp and loadout.bmp files from MajorLee’s flyable Su-7, and rename them MiG-21MF_hangar.bmp and MiG-21MF_loadout.bmp, in the MiG21MF subdirectory.

That’s all. The MiG-21MF will now be selectable. "

Guest zerocinco

An alternate idea is to download the campaign: Aces of Vietnam. It is excellent. All the MiG's fly and you don't have to drag and drop anything. Plus, the cockpits have been modded with Cyrillic type so it isn't the ubiquitous A-4 pit.

Don't want too sound unrespectfull or whatever else..................but why use a a-4 pit for the migs when we have two fabulous mig pits?..........one for the mig-21-f13 (a full plane done by the mirage factory with the mago pi) and one for the mig-21mf from mago too (and downloadable here at combatace).............and with those 2 add on ......you are really in a mig..............this work worth it really

Edited by Murphy'S

To me the best option is the Mig pits available on the site. They are SH!!!!

I've actually got all 4 MIG-21's flyable(WOV) with two verisons of these pits....and they are

every bit as good as the TW pits!

Thanks very much Mago, Badger and Fubar!!!! Make some more!!!!

Don't want too sound unrespectfull or whatever else..................but why use a a-4 pit for the migs when we have two fabulous mig pits?..........one for the mig-21-f13 (a full plane done by the mirage factory with the mago pi) and one for the mig-21mf from mago too (and downloadable here at combatace).............and with those 2 add on ......you are really in a mig..............this work worth it really

looks like you missed the MiG-21PF and PFM cockpits...... Badger and Mago stuff too :)