Sign in to follow this  
gerald14

In the Future......in...sometime.

Hey you guys i was just thinking what if we had a C-130 carrying troops to a battlefield? :spiteful:

Is anyone have a idea to make something like that?

You know something like this :smile2:

More importantly than a C-130 carrying troops to a battlefield, what about a C-130 carrying Big Blue to the the clearing for those troops to use? :)

Looking good man!

Guest Saganuay82

AC-130 is out.

Whats a Big Blue?

If you wanted to build big things we could use a KC-135 / KC-10 even though AAR doesn't work. Maybe some civvie jets for AI.

There is also this.

tu22m_03.jpg

Guest zerocinco

Which of those monstrosities is the airplane? The tin shed in the front or the tin shed in the back?java script:emoticon(':)', 'smid_1')

:)

In relative terms, how much trouble is it to convert a 707 in one game's system into a 707 in this one? I am looking for a project to learn 3DMax and it may as well be something people want. I will have to remember that the pointed end goes in the front, though.

Edited by zerocinco

Guest zerocinco
Hey you guys i was just thinking what if we had a C-130 carrying troops to a battlefield? :spiteful:

Is anyone have a idea to make something like that?

You know something like this :smile2:

Unless you just want to go back in the cabin to see Marines turning green, you can pretty much simulate that now anyway. Objects can "appear" when you want them to. If you landed on an open area and your timing was good enough, you could have any number of US_Squad units appear.

As you can see from this picture. They're Marines and don't play well with others. They go right to work.

Edited by zerocinco

Guest Saganuay82

Whats in the works?

Tu-22M2 and M3 USAFTML is quite persuasive somtimes , but we shall see when is ready.l.

Brilliant! I want a 737 gunship with any choice of guns / gunpods pointed out the business side and all the ECM capability of a Prowler or Raven. But, it would be way cool to drop a daisy cutter out the back, drop a stick of seals or rangers and thier boat, if we are over water. We have the planes. C-130, C-2, and even the OV-10(no daisy cutter). Nothing but fun here to be had by all. And check this sh*t out. I'm not being sarcastic. That includes the 737.:ph34r: VR all,CL

Edited by charlielima

More importantly than a C-130 carrying troops to a battlefield, what about a C-130 carrying Big Blue to the the clearing for those troops to use? :)

If you mean a BLU-82 etc. that exists

Guest Saganuay82

Yeah that thing. MOAB.

Guest zerocinco

Is the parachute on that a separate animation?.............drag chutes!

Cool! Who's C-130 and other files do I need to do this? I see a chute and a pallet. Does that mean we can LAPES friendly equipment in also? A 4 engine prop bomber should keep me distracted from my Boeing gunship concept. :ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

Guest zerocinco

You bloodthirsty @#$%^!!!

I ran right out and did it myself.

C-130a from SF

Open Loadout.

First line:

// Station 1 = Cargo Bay

and down the page:

Loadout[01].WeaponType=BLU-82

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Open DATA.INI

Go to weapons stations

AllowedWeaponClass=RP,GP,BOMB

AttachmentType=NATO,USAF

Thens select BLU-82 in the loadout and there you go. If something is missing I'll send you my bird. It is so heavily modded I can't tell you what to do. Has the KC-135 cabina, etc.

Then go to one of the targets I made in SVN and let 'er rip!

Man!

Bloodthirsty @#$%^!!! I. I got WOV, latest patch. Does this mean I need SF also? :ph34r: CL

Guest zerocinco

I bought SF to get the C-130. (No. I am not a stickler for propriety. I rip off software just like everyone else. I wanted the targets also.)

Otherwise, the C-130J on combatace or AVSIM is a complete ship and has the same doodads.

I can't talk now. I am too busy destroying EVERYTHING!

But, I do want to get that animation of the chute and see if I can make a weapon station on the tail cone of a Phantom and have the chute pop out on landing. Nah. Let one of the talented guys do it.

But while poking around, I found Paratrooper in the weapons list. What's THAT?

Guest Saganuay82

Could be my old idea of having the C-130 as a bomber and instead of dropping bombs you drop paratroops. Paratroop model replaces bomb.

KC-135 cabin?

Sure you can LAPES, same parachute as the BLU, just need someone to model the skid.

"Boeing gunship concept." ?????? Whats wrong with the AC-130 by Pasko?

AC130.jpg

Edited by Saganuay82

Guest zerocinco

Sorry. Typo. I meant KC130 cabina.

The only thing wrong with Pasko's AC130 is that it won't attack with the cannons in AI. I have lots of loadouts on the 130 awaiting the way to make them work. A machine like that does a lot of things.

If I knew the system mechanism that controls that, I have several things I would like to change. Like rockets are always fired in a dive and bombs are always dropped level. B52's will open their bombays but a C-130 won't. Little things like that...

I have some good fun ideas if I could just twist the system around to accomodate them. Got to learn 3DMax, I guess.

In my weapons folder is a .bmp called Parachute and 3 LOD's (ParaDemo, Parafrag, Paratrooper). No idea where they came from. We could drop them as bombs and have US_Squads appear at the appropriate moment where they hit and be in business.

Guest Saganuay82

"B52's will open their bombays but a C-130 won't." C-130 bombbays?

The paratroops are in the weapons pack but there is no BMP or ref of it in the weaponsdata.ini. Things to come or yet to be added I guess. The parafrag and parademo are there, didn't look it over hard but I would say WW2 stuff.

Guest zerocinco

Sorry if my shorthand is hard to understand.

The B-52 which has a bomb bay will open that bomb bay under AI...or at least drop its bombs. The C-130 which uses a cargo bay to carry bombs, both in this game and in reality, that opens under the same command as the bomb bay on legitimate bombers (Control-O) and drops its bombs from it cannot be opened in AI.

Okay?

Edited by zerocinco

Is truely scary to see death rain down upon you....

96ce6d69.jpg

Lotsa fire and smoke when you let loose a full broadside...

d7ef2ae5.jpg

Guest Saganuay82

Yes I understand but wasn't an AC-130 a single? Don't ever remember reading about 2-4 AC-130s working targets or C-130s in flights dropping BLU's