Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

List of most common bugs found so far

CDT when players exiting game. Lag and warping develop in multi after about 15 minutes to the point of a CDT.

My multi option menu only provides one option...LAN,,is this correct

Bombs bounce and do not explode.....

Aircraft bounces, Especiallly hitting ground inverted.

Keymapping issues with Cougars. Will not always recdognize stick in the custom settings

In multi aftera regen I get a bitmap in my hud. Looks like part of the interior cockpit bitmap....really annoying.

A4 seems to load rapidly in turns.and loses airspeed badly.

No AAA

No Sams

Wish List:

I know to late probably.

3d volumetric clouds

Ground effects like dirt and water tails

More detailed maps

mission creator with save function

campaign muti[player

Explosions of ground ordinance like the aircraft explosions

Thx Silver

Yeah..I get those too..But once I hit 90 kills..the skin of the Ac from canopy forward disappeared. I know its from the kill markings because starting a new pilot with no kills brought the skin back to normal again..what I am saying is this..once a pilot hits 20 kills, one star should show and then kills added to the number in the star..21, 22, etc..and it might do ok on the phantom..however the F100 is the aircraft I was flying..

Now..here is something else..Leading Edge Flaps generate more lift open than closed..its backwards on the flyable's, when the LEF's are open they generate less lift than when closed, this is evident by the climb rate jump when the LEF's retract. The climb rate should decrease..not increase..LEF's help in low speed maneuverability by generating more lift when deployed and decreasing AOA. As it is currently modelled..this isn't the case. This is also why the stall model is quirky at high speeds at the moment..the FM's are developing too much lift at high speeds because the lift being generated is actually what it should be with LEF's deployed..not retracted.

Ok..another one..even if I eject..I die..not sure..but doesn't ejecting mean that sometimes at least you live?

DK

OK I was trying tio get some screen shots when I dove on a target I noticed the bombs came off the aircraft ok but they started falling up and over the plane...I'll try this again and this time I won't just sit and look at it I'll start running the camera.

How steep was the dive, and were you pushing negative G's? Basically, if you're pushing -G's, then when you pickle your ordinance the bombs will continue on their trajectory while the plane continues to push below them. This, obviously, cause the bombs to pass through the plane. Pilots never pickle their bombs while flying inverted, right? Then it stands to reason they won't when they're flying 'gravitationally' inverted.

So, make sure your G meter reads 1 or greater, before you hit that big red button.

I was in a shallow dive..no neg. Gs and I was low on the deck.I'm wondering if the MK-82 500lbs are snake eyes without the brakes but using their FM?I haven't tried that before but I will be tring it again,as I just read the MK-82 500LBs are the snake-eyes in the game and that the FM of the "snakes" makes it a bad thing to do to drop in a dive,shallow or not.

I just dropped a pair of napalms on a comm building in an A4..45 degree dive..you know that little "window" right below the gunsight glass?...dead on target...

DK

Serious, Dark Knight? I'm gonna have to try that little trick out. What speed were you diving at, and how did you know what angle you were diving at?

500 knots, huh? At what AGL are you rolling in at? Thats a pretty high speed, at least for the current A-4. But, it may be that I use the wrong tactics in A2G. To much time in Il-2, I guess.

at about 18000 feet..LOL..controlled decent with airbrakes..throttle at 40 percent..she'll get there..and in a hurry..

Now..some more bugs..

1. Menu's: the following commands don't work, Flight; attack ground, return to base, spread out and close up in formation submenu, Wing, we all know about the attack my target when an a2g target is designated, and return to base..AI acknowledges these but doesn't respond, they either continue to try to maintain formation or crash..when its time to land.

Now a suggestion or three..Flight status for flight and wing should include a fuel sitrep. Fuel on hard settings these birds run out of go juice fast.

Flight attack target would be good as well, if only one air to ground target is to be hit.

And a Flight status command as well, so you know of 3 and 4 are engaged and if so, engaged offensive or defensive. and if not engaged, then the same thing as the wing status ie. weapons, damage, and fuel if it is implimented

DK

Landings are to easy for the hard setting, no damage unless you really slam it down.

Well bob..lets look at that..F4 and A4 were designed IRL to do the controlled crash otherwise known as a carrier trap and withstand the forces..so on landing on a concrete runway..and not having to use a hook to trap..I can see where those two birds could roll away unscathed..

Lets look at another point of view..crosswind..to see what its effects should have on a landing aircraft, we would need to journey to another one of my favorite sims..known as IL2, you can also look at the latest version of Falcon 4.0 if you wish..I hear the tower in SF call out wind directions..but I seem to notice that the wind always seems to be coming from my 12 oclock position on landing at 5 knots...Now..I have noticed some very light turbulence every now and then..and currently due to bugs in flight models am flying at normal settings on flight model, hard on everything else until the fm bugs are worked out..I'm curious if the hard flight model includes harder landing scenario's, higher wind speeds, and crosswinds..Now..with the proper coaching while he was doin it, my son who is now 7 years old landed his first viper three months ago in F4 on full real settings..and F4 is touted to be ONE of the most realistic flight models currently in existance thanks the the F4UT

IL2 makes it extremely difficult..Turbulence, wind effects etc have been modelled there..get a cross wind and you might have to use full right rudder to maintain a course to landing or be blown off course by 30 degrees in stormy conditions..I hear tell that Forgotten Battles improves on that even more..

From stories I have been told the Phantom was a fairly easy bird to land..very forgiving as long as you didn't stall. I would like to see the Flight models tweaked for their in-flight performance more before worrying about landing.

DK

DK,

I really didn't want to start a debate since neither of us has never landed a F4 in real life. I fly IL2 also and love the more changing landings, and I thought even harder before the patches.

Anyhow I only posted here for the experts to read and decide if something needs changing down the road. I also realize this is minor with all the other problems in the game.

Bob

The aircraft modelled in this sim are very hardy as they were designed for carrier landings,so the gear and struts had to be overbuilt as thay discribe a carrier landing as a controlled crash.I not trying to argue(Honest!!) alot of my family has been pilots,in both the AF and the Navy( I know I tried to talk him out of it)..I had an Uncle that flew A-4s and I'm hoping to get him to take a look at this sim as he loved that aircraft,I have 2 cousins that currently fly,and another that flew and has sense gone to the civilian sector(money).I'll let yall know what he has to say as soon as I get him in front of the monitor. :D

Also yes theres some things they need to change but this sim isn't that bad compared to some I've gotten.

Nope it's not bad at all..considering this is thirdwire's first project into the flight sim arena the bugs they have are actually pretty minor compared to some sims in the past. At least here when ya drop the flaps..they actually act like flaps..not just speed brakes..anyone remember that from MS's second version of Combat Flight? and we won't even talk about Falcon 4 out of the box...Now I also populate a forum over at Frugal's world for F4 and have posted a few screenies of SFp1 for the junkies over there..and yeah..I'm a junky too LOL. Strikefighters has tons of potential and a creator who is standing by his product He and Mr Maddox should be applauded. The rest of the gaming and simming world should take notice, when the companies provide support for their products the consumer responds. We must keep in mind as well, changes in coding may result in new bugs which cannot always be found in testing, the public as a whole will put the code through paces that the designers may not have thought to test, which is why I am flying it as much as possible right now. The more we find, the better the patch will be, it may cause it to take longer to come about but the results will be astounding. Thats already evident. I got an email from TK today, the only other sim creator who has done that on a regular basis was Oleg Maddox and look at the following IL2 now has..HL is packed at all hours with people flying it which is great, good sims deserve success, and I see it coming this way.

TK, the 667th awaits your magic as I noted in my reply email, if you need testers for anything, I think I could scare up a few within about 3 minutes. LOL The only thing we ask is the minor stuff be fixed as well as the major stuff, which is something that EA and MS seem to have forgotten in the past.

Be glad to see future sims coming from Thirdwire. The Black Knights have truly arrived

Oh..remember that post I said about the yellow nose on the F100 once I reached 90 Kills? I found the screenshot..here it is

http://members.cox.net/cptdarkknight/skin%20bug.jpg

I put it in this way because its in 1024x768 and the size is a little over half a meg..so if you got bandwidth go ahead..or the patience on a slow modem..either way.

DK

Ships sink to fast when flying an anti ship mission. And I'm using my cannons to sink them. I never seen a ship sink in ten seconds before.

This should be an easy fix.

Several times I have hosted a game on HL. In game all goes pretty well, though the framerates are mediocre. Then when I try to leave, all I get is a blank, black screen. I can sometimes see my mouse curser but often not. If I hit enter a few times, I can see activity on the HD light on my comp, but still the screen. I have to cntl-alt-del to restart the computer or use reset button. I had the same problem once in gamespy, (only time I tried gamespy).

I am running P3 1ghz CPU

320 mb pc-133 ram

intel 815E chipset Shuttle AE-22 MoBo

Radeon 8500LE w/64MB DDR vidRam

SB Live! X-gamer 5.1

:? :(

Run windows update pc..make sure to DL all critical updates for windows..as well as any "device driver" updates like Virtual machine etc..

DK

z axis (rudder) for some reason also moves the ailerons. This shouldn't be the case IRL when a pilot applies rudder, the rudder is the only thing that moves..aileron isn't automatically added, if the pilot wants to increase bank he has to roll the aircraft (y axis) to the desired angle and apply more rudder to keep the turn coordinated.

DK

Hi guys,

although it might be posted already somewhere, but the MISSION FAILED-bug right when starting a patrol-mission is quite annoying.

Most of the other things where already said in this thread.

Bye,

Blackenk

Guest Ranger332

mY MAIN TWO ISSUES ARE AS FOLLOWS

RELOADING DURING MULTIPLAY (as it is you have to eject or crash)

THE LACK OF SAM FINDING THE ADDON AIRCRAFT(they seem invesable to the sams.)