Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

List of most common bugs found so far

TK, so far the biggest issues I've seen on the forums or experienced myself are:

• Missing AAA/SAM objects

Kick-to-desktop on Multiplayer

Spotty object collision-detection

Keymapper issues

Misc. graphic glitches

• One I have had but have not seen much reported on is a rather nasty crash/reboot when trying to switch to external view while there is radio traffic at the same time. It actually takes my XP box down completely and reboots, no blue screen, nothing.

Just re-read MJ's post above and had to completly edit mine

*does a Homer and smacks forehead "Doh"*

Can't say if this is a bug or not, but I was flying the F-100; and while in external view I hit the "H" key and a hook lowered, Hittng the key did not make it retract. I never knew that the F-100 was Navalised.

No nose wheel turning when taxing (" I know MJ you said no whinning") but thess are minor issues/bugs that are probably an ease to fix.

BirdDogg. 8)

I can't help you with all of em, however the F-100D and F-104G have a "spring" tailhook. Once lowered (or sprung) it had to be manually raised. The A-4 and F-4 have hydraulic tailhooks that can be raised or lowered mechanically. :)

Thanks MadJeff,

We'll take a look at them for the upcoming patches :) btw, could you guys try to pinpoint exactly when the CTD happens in multiplayer?

TK

--

TK, I haven't had a single CTD yet, but I haven't entered the Campaign (not sure if theres any there). I was playing and jumping around the interface for over 4 hours last night and not one CTD.

System Specs:

AMD 1.4, 256DDR, G-Force 2 Pro WIN98SE, SoundBlaster Live.

BirdDogg.

Thanks MadJeff,

We'll take a look at them for the upcoming patches :)  btw, could you guys try to pinpoint exactly when the CTD happens in multiplayer?

TK

--

TK,

Here's an interesting one....if I change the default armament in the game before a Single Mission, the game crashes and reboots the computer.

Specs:

AMD Duron 900 w/256MB RAM

20 GB HDD

DVD/CDRW Combo Drive (could this be part of the problem?

Hercules Game Theater XP (w/latest drivers)

Windows XP Home/SP1

Bob

TK, most CTDs seam to occur when players enter and leave a game while in progress. Also you get a pregnant pause when sending a ingame chat messege.

TK, most CTDs seam to occur when players enter and leave a game while in progress. Also you get a pregnant pause when sending a ingame chat messege.

Here is a couple related to the Offline campaign

1. Mig 17's run out of fuel waaay too quickly

2. Mig 17's seem to be able to glide forever

3. In some engagements in campaign, I have blown the wing off an aircraft and it didn't explode when hitting the ground..AI birds don't seem to crash

4. Left HP on F100D, Air to air hardpoint, the inside missile is only "half slung" meaning the rear attachment point is not attached, missile is out of alignment

5. "Primary Target" aircraft sometimes don't show up

Now for the pet peeves

No air to ground submenu for flight..If I want them to attack their primary target..no way to tell them to do so..major pet peeve..

Edit

Two more bugs to add

Heading of 180 and radar intercept station says the bandits etc are going north, my targeting says they are heading 180..don't know for sure here..but to me thats always been south

Next, AI wings always try to stay on my wing while I am landing..result..they crash..lots of KIA's showin up on my flight roster..

DK

Frequent, random CTD in single player. It's an older system, but wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

Yep I am occasionally..not a total ctd..but a lock up..have to generally reset the comp..my comp ain't top of the line..but it ain't no slouch either..and its well above min spec

1 ghz amd tbird, 356 meg ram, GF4 MX 420 (I know I know), SBLIVE xgamer and 30 gig hdd

DK

New here, new to jet sims (prop head).

The bugs I've noticed are all of the above plus crashing to desk when first going into a function. For example, it happens many times when I go into the setup options and try to change my keystrokes in the control panel. As soon as I hit customize, instead of going into the customization panel I go to desktop. It happened when I tried to start a campaign as well. Just at the beginning, when the screen goes from one panel to the next, it seems to get lost and sends me to desk.

I'm hooked anyway.

When starting a compaign and choosing VMFA-531 Grey Ghosts (they have F-4 Pfantom II) as your Unit Name THE GUN DOESN'T WORK !!! Hitting the trigger (Button 1) or pressing SPACE does nothing.

The gun works on that Jet in single missions but not in the compaign. At least not in the 1st mission.

When starting a compaign and choosing VMFA-531 Grey Ghosts (they have F-4 Pfantom II) as your Unit Name THE GUN DOESN'T WORK !!! Hitting the trigger (Button 1) or pressing SPACE does nothing.

The gun works on that Jet in single missions but not in the compaign. At least not in the 1st mission.

Dimok,

The F-4B used by the Navy and Marine Corps does not have an internal gun. When selecting a single mission, the gun pod is automatically loaded on the centerline station. However, in the campaign you may have to load it manually. Also, the gun pod may not even be available at the beginning of the campaign.

column5

THNX for the INFO Column5 :) !

I just found another "bug".

Pressing SHIFT+R (at any time looks like) brings me right to desktop !

Works just like Alt+Q :)

not sure if this is a bug but when I start a bomb run and start dropping flares and chaff I can't see flares(I figure you can't see chaff anyways)I can't see them in mirrors either.Also I have game set to hard and every now and then I find I fly into ground without damage.just sit there on my back like a big ole turtle.

Hey Dagger...no chaff or flares on these planes either!...except for maybe the F-4E...and that will be addressed sometime in the future...

Well.....

That early version of Phantom may have no gun BUT i just started another compaign where i get to fly a Sabre and the mission is to destroy all enemy aircraft i see and that plane doesn't have a gun as well !!!! LOL

Neither can you take missiles !

If talking about fixing bugs i think that those "NO GUN FOR YOU, SOLDIER !" bugs should be addressed as a 1st priority. No go without them.

Umm..the sabre has 4 20 mm cannon under the nose..take a look at the underside of the aircraft right below the US..you will see four gun ports..

DK

THE TRIGGER ISN'T WORKING ! Pressing space on the keyboard OR trigger on a stick isn't working. Can't use the gun. It may be there but ISN'T WORKING.

Check your key mappings for the trigger. Sounds like maybe it's not set correctly... Although that doesn't make much sense if it works in single missions. But check it just to see what it's set at.

Space bar and the main button 1 (or trigger) are set for a gun by default. Setting it manually doesn't change the outcome either. It's just not working. Try to run Campaign. Select Mercenary as your Service. See for yourself.

In the manul it says the A2G gunsight is manually depressable to 245 mil. Does that mean we should be able to control the pipper ourselves? I'd like to be able to align it a bit more with the guns.

The Key Command Pamphlet does not list the correct default keys for the weapon's view. It says it is f10, and it actually is f9.

The salvo command does not work for rockets. No matter what I set ripple to, no matter how long I hold the trigger for, it will not fire more than a single rocket.

The debriefing incorrectly display rocket accuracy. For example, when firing rockets at ships, it will give you a kill, but say the rocket missed.

Red Crown does not give you vectors to nearest threats when performing an intercept. You have to ask for vectors to your primary target. Any way to get Red Crown to merely provide vectors to all enemy aircraft in the vacinity?

Is there any difference at the moment between Mk.20's and normal bombs? It seems there is no cluster bomb effect, and you just have to put the Rockeye exactly on target.

Hitting r in multiplay gives me a CTD 100% of the time. I occasionally get a CTD hitting f6, especially if all the player aircraft haven't respawned.

My System:

1.4 ghz Athlon

256 PC-2100 DDR-RAM

Radeon 8500 with latest official drivers and HWT&L off

Soundblaster X-Gamer 5.1

Saitek X-45

Windows 98 SE

Found another one..this one is graphical..keep in mind I am flying the LONG version of the campaign..my current pilot has 94 total kills..I hit 91 and the nose of my F100 from the side of the canopy forward turned yellow..the skin graphic was gone..but my kills were there..I think the kills encroached past their area of "paint" so the sim made a bigger area to accomodate..by removin the sheetmetal..LOL..this could be easily fixed..once kills hit a certain number..one star is shown with the number of kills in it..

system specs: 1 ghz amd Tbird, SBLive Xgamer, Geforce 4 mx 440, 52x cd drive, 356 meg ram, 30 gig hdd, X45 HOTAS

DK

TK, I've noticed CTD when I had someone locked up on radar and fired a missle, it crashed as I fired. Other times there didn't seem to be anything specific going on. Also, I have had two or three CTD that took me right back to the Gamespy lobby only to be confronted by an ad. So, I don't know if the ad triggered it or if it was purely concidence. I'm also hoping you'll improve the top speed of the A4, if I can throw that in. AND VERY NICE GAME! In some respects, particularly the era and the jet's beautiful graphics, I feel that this is the game I've waited 12 years for. I really love P1 and think it's going to be one of the better games of all time when all is said and done.

Propjob