How do i make an AI do a FAC mission and mark the targets with smoke?

How do i make an AI do a FAC mission and mark the targets with smoke?

The short answer, there isnt a way......:( would be nice though.

I've been playing around with that for awhile. Question:

OV-10A loadout LAU-61 & 32 have green, yellow and ref smoke options, but when I try them,

none of them have colored smoke? I've tried with effects option on high, different rockets etc, but

to no avail.

Tried O-1E and standard FAC loadout is HVAR rockets, they produce good explosion, with pretty

visible smoke, but no colors.

Now, with the latest Dueces Effects pack, there appear to be colored smoke with willie petes.

Does anybody have colored smoke?

If I could get colored smoke, logic would have it that you could make a loadout with just the smoke

and have AI attack a target with smoke.....

Yes Bunyap made rockets with colored smoke. I use the all the time.

Which ones are they?

Okay, now, if we got smoke, we might be able to FAC.....or am i missing something..

Which ones are they?

Okay, now, if we got smoke, we might be able to FAC.....or am i missing something..

You might be able to but the AI wont. They are in the wpe pack of buny's. Not sure which ones.

im prettu sure i just heard a fac saying he was going to smoke the target but i destroyed them before he could get there.

Those are, unfortunately, canned messages.

As soon as you, the CAS flight, hit waypoint four and are inbound to the target, a series of messages are triggered.

They do not correlate to what is really going on. They are just "atmosphere", if you will. They say they have you

in sight, rocking wings, in to mark etc., but none of the above actually happens.

They just orbit the target area, and it may time out to them being there, but usually doesn't...

Edited by Spectre_USA

Okay.....I worked out something that is REAL close.

Found the right smoke rockets and made a loadout for OV-10A:

[FAC1]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=LAU-32B_Mk40_Mk67mod1

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=LAU-32B_Mk40_Mk67mod1

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].WeaponType=LAU-32B_Mk40_Mk67mod1

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=LAU-32B_Mk40_Mk67mod1

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].WeaponType=LAU-32B_Mk40_Mk67mod1

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

Loadout[06].WeaponType=LAU-32B_Mk40_Mk67mod1

Loadout[06].Quantity=1

Loadout[07].WeaponType=Tank_OV-10

Loadout[07].Quantity=1

Then created a mission with Me in F100, and AI in OV-10A.

Put some T-55 out there, assigned the OV-10A the target, took his AMMO to "0", made his mission CAS.

Worked like a charm...he fired smoke all over the tanks!

post-8521-1148581822_thumb.jpg

how do i put the ammo to 0 , the minimum seems to be 25

nevermind i got it

how did you make the mission? i just tried that and it didnt work

Do you have lastest weapons pack?

Did you create a LOADOUT in the OV-10 loadout.ini?

and finally, did you assign the target and make the ov-10's mission CAS?

PM me and i'll help ya out.....

i got it now, it was something to do with the objective. or the waypoints. works with O-1E too. but its not very accurate. they shoot every rocket they have and most of them hit far from the target.

Tweak it....can take off some of the rockets, make multiple passes etc.....

I've been working on a CAS mission requested by a member, and its got alot of enemy in one area,

I put the OV-10 into it as described and it marked the enemy pretty well, enough that I could see

it in my A/C....., so I consider it close enough....

With a little work, I might get the "FAC talk" coordinated with the OV-10 smoke..... ;)

is here any way for a plane to have 2 targets?

i think it can if you put a comma in KMD target objectives. the problem im having is that the FAC shoots all its smoke rockets at the first target and there's nothing leftfor the second.

Guest zerocinco

An option that is more realistic is for you to be the FAC. Configure a 2-ship of strike birds. Mix the ordnance up (easy on an F4E) so the wingman isn't likely to shoot it all at once. Then make your ship into an F4D and load up two 370 gal tanks, WP on the inboards and a gun on centerline.

Set the rockets for one per pickle. Mark the target and then hit TAB-1-1. Your wingman will then go bop it. Pick another target and go again. When he is out of ammo, shoot it yourself.

Use the 366th TFW skin just to be exact. Fly like a madman if you are really into accuracy.

I will have to do that it sounds fun, speccialy of bomb range, could you be an OV-10 and do it?

Guest zerocinco

You can if the strike birds are slow enough. Otherwise you are flying along in your OV10 and hear an explosion behind you. That is #2 hitting the ground.

Be a high speed FAC. 500 knots at 500 feet pulling 5 g's marking targets. Mix the F4E's load up with CBU's and Mk82's and they don't often drop them all on one pass. Plus, he will always have a gun to go down and get killed with.

Put enough AAA to make it realistic and you kind of get the feel. I really appreciate that breathing sound WOV built in. Don't know who thought of that. Genius.

hehe,

we did the FAC thingo in Multiplayer a couple of months ago :)

one guy was marking the targets, the other bombed it, after the primary target was gone, we targeted the AAA of a nearby airfield.....

wp1.jpg

wp2.jpg

wp3.jpg

I am not really good at writing missions, actually I have no idea at all, could you tell me how to make it or post it plz. It would be very nive.

Thanks

I'm working on a couple now.....probaly be done by Sunday/Monday.... ;)

Thx, I had a brainwave at school that you could set us an A-10 like an OA-10 with smoke rockets and just gun and an A-10 to attack the target, you could set it up so you could be eith the OA-10 or the A-10. Just a thought.

Mark

Guest zerocinco

With TK's toy, those kinds of thoughts usually turn into something interesting.