Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

the most expensive coaster award goes to...

CFS3!! I tried to like it and tried to give it a chance..but like 99% of the people in the world I just found I wasted my money on another piece of Junk from M$...and like the rest of the their combat flight"sims"..it should be called combat flight arcade 3. what a waste of time and money.

It seems CFS3 was a giant step backwards, and thats too bad. But I will say, if you get the correct flight models and damage models for CFS2, It's actually a pretty good sim, far better than CFS3.

CFS2 is heavily suppported, as you can find at www.flightsim.com. I pull it our everyonce in a while and throw it on the HD for a while.

Even with the patch, CFS3 is bad. Its really pretty sad that MS would release something like that. What makes me angry though are all the reviewers who gave it decent marks purely because it was a MS product.

The WORST thing about CFS3 is the fact that M$ has the money to advertise on TV and call their POS "As real as it gets" WHAT E>V>A>R.

Maybe it IS a good thing. People go and buy that thing because it's advertised as being as real as it gets, they get burned bad and will never touch it again... :shock:

I waited for the patch to see if it made the difference. Too bad the hype was better then the product. I have played alot of sims over the years including CFS 1&2 but this was the most disappointing product I spent money on. People complain about Project 1 but at least you can play it!

:cry: I too have removed CFS3 from my hard drive. I was really disappointed with it pre-patch and put it away, but re-installed and added the patch hoping I could somehow develope a liking for this sim. No joy! It is not anywhere near the "fun" as CFS2 is, and not even in the same "fun factor" ballpark with SFP1. I may be a little biased as I spent most of my USMC enlistment in "Scooter Squadrons" but I do know when I've been duped, and MS did that with CFS3.

Guest Ranger332

maybe Iam the "lucky one but I think CFS3 is getting a bad rap I just got it yesterday seems fine to me sofar making a quick vid and yall judge for yourselfs

Ranger, have you played Il-2 or WWII Fighters? Compared to those two, it can't hold a candle.

both are great and I'm waiting for Forgotten Battles!! This will be the best WW2 around....looks great and if it keeps to the IL-2 tradition then it'll be a hit!

Guest Ranger332
Ranger, have you played Il-2 or WWII Fighters? Compared to those two, it can't hold a candle.

yes I do and it works great on my pc

and it alot better then janes attack sqd

Guest Ranger332

sending a few vid to MJ so he can post as the "uploader" seems INOP

CFS3 played great..no problems with that part,My problems was the game in general.A HUGE disappointment,glad you liked it...M$ needs more people like you.(and thats not anything bad at you...it's a shot at M$)If they want to be as successful as say IL-2,they need to come out and talk to the desktop stick and rudder jockeys that will be flying their sims.

Guest Ranger332

shots001.jpg

shots014.jpg

shots010.jpg

WE COULD REALY USE THE AIRFIELD DAMAGE EFFECTS SHOWN HERE

shots008.jpg

shots007.jpg

THINK ITS JUST SUFFERING THE SAME FATE AS SFP1 IS OVER ZELOUS REVIEW. REMBER MOST HAVE ONLY BAD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT SFP1 TOO :shock:

Guest Ranger332

shots029.jpg

LOVE THE SHIPS DAMAGE EFFECTS

shots030.jpg

shots031.jpg

shots032.jpg

shots033.jpg

shots034.jpg

WOULD LOVE TO SEE THESE DAMAGE EFFECT ON sfp1 pLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

A pal of mine had CFS3 on his 'puter. it seemed to run ok, but I didnt care for it much. IL2 had it beat I felt. Now with FB comin out soon, there's no way Ill go for CFS3.

Il2 for ww2, SFP1 for 50's and 60's, lomac for modern. All i need now is a decent ww1 sim.

Guest Ranger332

well I still contend that sofar it has the best ship damage effects..............................as you can planly see

for WW1 check out FS:SDOE...and it's supported by hyper lobby!

Nice avatar Hedu :D

And EAW is the only ww2 fighter game I can play, besides Aces Over Europe like 6-7 years ago! I enjoyed IL-2 but it drifted off my hdd a while ago...EAW is still there with the DAW campaign

Denzil

Here's a couple of links you might want to check out. We at bomb-away.net just happened to get this info from Wolfar. Dagger, if you'd stop in once in awhile you'd see what I mean. :wink:

The start for us at BA finding 1% team... http://www.bombs-away.net/forums/showthrea...20&pagenumber=1

I still have to find the download for the B17 tho. It seems Sim-Out house lost a mess of files so it might be awhile before it's back up..

Mudpond site for CFS# 1% aircraft....

http://www.mudpond.us/cfs3_beta_index1.html

These help the game immensely. It doesn't act so much like an arcade. You have to know how to fly as the FMs are as close to the real thing as you can get. I'm not insinuating nobody knows how to fly, but it's as real as you can get. That's whatyou want, right?

And the AvHistory site.....http://www.avhistory.org/

there are some great addons here for CFS2 also.

The 1% Team has improved CFS3 and CFS2, something M$(and all the others) won't do as they won't sell as many copies of something you have a hard time trying to fly. Now you can think about why these sims get push out the door to us and we get bored and/or POd. It's "Give me the money"....... that's all they want.

Gary,good to see ya here...good reading but I still think CFS3 is more an arcade game than a sim.I know this steps on alot of toes..but I just feel this is a DOOM in the air.The nice thing about it is yes theres lots of add-ons coming down the road....maybe a new set of realistic FMs and DMs will be on the way.As far as IL-2..well yes I continue to fly it. :D

Hey Rusty, good hearing from ya. . :D

If you have CFS3 give the 1% FMs a try and then let me know what you think. It does make a difference.

I'll have FB also when it comes out. I can't see getting IL-2 and having a double of the same sim.