Sign in to follow this  
Guest zerocinco

Yankee Air Pirate / Beta Testers Needed

Guest zerocinco

Recent quirks have convinced me that certain targets will not work on all computers. (Disappearing boats) I want to check this out before releasing YAP.

This represents several hundred hours of frustating work and I want it to be right this time. Two guys who are willing to forego the grace of air to air piddlilng for the stink of war before you could fight it above the flak.

Added to the game you bought from 3rd Wire is:

Oung Bi Thermal Generator, NVN

Haiphong Railway yard, NVN

Hanoi Railway yard, NVN

Thai Nguyen Railway yard, NVN

Thai Nguyen Railway station, NVN

Bac Giang Railway railway bridge and station, NVN

An Bo Petroleum Depot, NVN

Thanh Hoa Bridge update (drops with Paveway ONLY just like the real deal)

Ban Karai Depot, NVN

Stung Treng, Cambodia, airport and dock

Kum Chak, Cambodia (cache)

Phumi Banang, Cambodia (Mekong river port with sampans)

Sam Neua, Laos and airstrip

2 hamlets in the Mekong Delta

3 ferrys in the Mekong Delta

Cao Lanh, SVN

Tam Ky, SVN

Phan Thiet, SVN and fishing village

Xepon (Tchepone) ruins

Delta 45

Ban Phanop, Laos

Ban Laboy, Laos

3 Lima sites in Barrel Roll

Hue Citadel

Four Sisters bunker complex

LZ target

Fire Support Base O'Reilly

Dak Seang Special Forces camp and FSB

A Shau Valley Special Forces Camp

Khe Sanh

Hamburger Hill

Ground Objects:

Ambulance

Fire truck

Fuel tank truck

Locomotive

2 helicopters

2 airplanes

2 anti aircraft guns

5 artillery pieces

3 sampans (disappearing but you can shoot the wakes)

2 boats

1 or 2 bunkers

1 LZ target

1 downed pilot with another on the way.

5 infantry squads to include ones that shoot at aircraft

Aircraft:

4 aircraft

3 others heavily modified

12 authentic loadouts

Weapons and Guns

Target types:

trains, stations, etc.

stupas

temples

cities

houses

buildings

docks

bridge types

and two dudes in aloha shirts.

In addition, I have 65 REAL combat mission prepared with a total of 100 planned. At some point, there is going to be a contest connected with these missions and you are going to want to win the prize.

I have borrowed heavily. I will therefore repay in kind. Some of this stuff is mine. Some, any claims of ownership would not meet copyright standards. I fully intend to seek a commercial use at some point in the future. As for now, it is to be on loan to the people who loaned me their UH1B, A-1H, A-26, various C-130's, SH-3, L-19, An-2, EB-66, photo mod, bombsite mod, landing lights, B-25 cockpit, UH-1H cockpit, S-3 cockpit, flare effect, WP effect, various emitters, effects and sounds, the original creator(s) of this amazing piece of eye candy.And most of all Bunyap's irrational compilation of weaponry without which war is just sitting around bitching.

Edited by USAFMTL

Hello zerocinco

I am very up for beta testing

Actually I was trying to convert your YAP mod to a patched version of Wowv/sp4 with decent results

I have problems thoguh with texture of

Ks AAA, basically all of them, and infantries< this is caused by the fact that SP$ wants a dedicated folder for each ground object, while in your YAP install, you suggested to drop eveything in objects folder> obviously some textures are shared. So I really would like a list of the files needed for each of the Infantries and KS AA, in order to put the proper files in the proper folders

Thuis saying I am open to test YAP, I agree that it is a great add on to WOv portaying the CAS roles and the ground war of Vietnam, adding loads of atmoshpere,,, man you had me wacth Apocalypse now again...

my email pintogabriele /at/ hotmail. /com/

Buenano onche form Praha, from Genova, from munich , from verona, from Turin, from Bologna and form forli and all the places whwe eI end up

Guest capun
I have borrowed heavily. I will therefore repay in kind. Some of this stuff is mine. Some, any claims of ownership would not meet copyright standards. I fully intend to seek a commercial use at some point in the future. As for now, it is to be on loan to the people who loaned me their UH1B, A-1H, A-26, various C-130's, SH-3, L-19, An-2, EB-66, photo mod, bombsite mod, landing lights, B-25 cockpit, UH-1H cockpit, S-3 cockpit, flare effect, WP effect, various emitters, effects and sounds, the original creator(s) of this amazing piece of eye candy.And most of all Bunyap's irrational compilation of weaponry without which war is just sitting around bitching.

I don't understand this, are you saying that you are planning to sell this as a commercial package?

Guest zerocinco

There were things in the original that were wrong even before the patch. KMD fixed many of those. Also, I had a few things wrong about how things worked within the system. I think it is all cleaned up now. I would like players to have a relatively seamless event. As before, you will not be able to rely upon autopilot but bombing and crashing should be aviation terms...not computer terms.

beta wha?

am in.

26x.jpg

Edited by Crab_02

I'm ready willing and able :blink: !

So much to bomb but no copy of WoV yet...

Sounds like a great piece of work, especially if you like mud moving.

as soon as i get WoV and WoE installed

id sacrifice a couple of hours testing for u

just tried strike fighter graphics ok

i was a diehard F-15 strike eagle fan for about 4 yrs before AH

untill the server went down

looking for a new cyberworld to fly in

Edited by Hooper38

I don't understand this, are you saying that you are planning to sell this as a commercial package?

From the site, I understand that Zerocinco is indeed selling his missions and the ground targets. The interesting question of course is whether the "borrowed" stuff is included in the commercially released package.

Edited by kout

Guest zerocinco

Do your really care? Then I invite you to type in www.yankeeairpirate.net and take a peek at the video. Then click around and look. A keen eye should be able to find some freebie stolen for commercial evil. Or, maybe, I am depending upon the eye candy of TK's original and the art and wizardry of others (ace of spades in the Marine's helmet band is a nice touch).

Who? It's all there. No secrets.

There is one photo that may be a clue, inspector, but I bought something better to replace it and that is part of the package, too.

Well Zero you cant sell something that isnt yours. You selling 3rd party add ons without thier permission is theft.

http://www.yankeeairpirate.net/NavyPage.html

Even the simplest historical missons can require hours of research to find the necessary details to make it authentic... but the real work is in all the mods: 3d models, textures, effects. Why would anyone pay for a guy who edited a few text ini files (which is all missions are) most likely using free 3rd party addons to do so. If you are going to start handing out money, it should be to the modders that made this product possible not someone who threw together a few missions. I hope all of the modders invovled approved the sale of their work.

Even if the product is top-notch, I don't care for the approach being used. Especially in a sim where everything but the game itself has traditionally been free ;)

zeroncinco,

Please clarify. You state, "Some, any claims of ownership would not meet copyright standards."

Is it your opinion that someone who creates something, but doesn't put the proper legal jargon in the README, gives others the right to do what they want with the original work?

I agree wholeheartedly with your point of view, Stephen (Streakeagle).

Edited by jrdani

Guest Diego

Relax, everyone. Nobody is stealing anything. You all know first hand what theft is and this aint it.

Chances are, if you see it in the video and it belongs to someone that hasn't given permission to use it, it's probably a placeholder.

Well, if I may play devil's advocate here, one-stop shopping has a lot of potential appeal to casual simmers. A lot of people would probably like to play 'WOV' in its full glory without having to customize it first using dozens of separate -- albeit free -- downloads.

A number of modders have, apparently, given the 'yap' guys permission to use their work.

Edited by Tristan

Well my main concern was permission to use all 3rd party mods. As long as he has that then I wish him luck.

zeroncinco contacted me prior to this....no problems here.

deuces lives!

:clapping:

What? No HoChiMin Trail objectives??

What the hell is wrong with someone wanting to be compensated for their time and work? I don't understand some of the opposing logic - if you don't like the product, don't buy it! But for God's sake, you shouldn't EXPECT it to be free!

I will gladly pay for a quality add-on that is a reasonable price. My only immediate concern right now is the pricing on this product. Like I said in the previous SimHQ thread (now deleted - still don't know why the thread had to be deleted) - is if I am willing to make a leap of faith on the product - why can't you offer me the full 100-mission package for a more reasonable amount of $50-60? Being a business owner myself, typically you want to have more cashflow up front to help drive your project incentives to completion - because there has already been investments made and you will have to deliver. The problem with the current pricing model (in my opinion only) is you are more at risk of having potential buyers say - hmmm, well I don't like the 3 out of 10 boat "search and destroy" missions in this package, so I'll skip that one. Besides, if you are really serious about making 100 missions and creating a new standard for WOV, great - let me invest in your vision - ALL of your vision, not 10 at a time...