Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

Where is F18 w. avionics???

Was something wrong with the file?, Did I forgot somebody in the readme??? what happend to this file? Would be great to have an answer, get an OK from Kreelin and USAFMTL to use this plane and skins...

Was something wrong with the file?, Did I forgot somebody in the readme??? what happend to this file? Would be great to have an answer, get an OK from Kreelin and USAFMTL to use this plane and skins...

You must not have uploaded it correctly. I have not been prompted to approve a file for a couple of hours, now.

More than 300 people downloaded it and USAFMTL reported probs.. does anybody else reportet probs or bugs/corrupted file?

:dntknw::search:

More than 300 people downloaded it and USAFMTL reported probs.. does anybody else reportet probs or bugs/corrupted file?

:dntknw::search:

So it had already been up and approved? Then you'd have to ask USAFMTL. Personally, I've never noticed it (and, I may have been the one who approved it's upload :biggrin: )

I downloaded it twice and it was corrupt. So I deleted it. Not sure howmany other people had issues either. I didnt get any reports though.

I downloaded it twice and it was corrupt. So I deleted it. Not sure howmany other people had issues either. I didnt get any reports though.

Hi,

i downloaded it and there was something wrong with it .... it crashed the game on loading and locked the whole thing up ... if it helps the error file ( if thats anything to go by,i'm no expert ) pointed towards ;

C/doamn/graham/locals/temp appcompat/wov.exe.

God knows what it means but i hope it helps.I'm afraid i had to delete it.

I had a problem also as follows:

Recently added the FA-18A Hornet to my fully patched WOV (5/25/06). Thus far, I've only tried single missions. After landing and completing the mission, I hit the escape key as usual to go to the de-briefing screen. However, the screen just remains totally black, and after waiting about 5 minutes, I have to shutdown the computer and reboot. While the screen is black, I can see the mouse pointer and even move it, but the game won't go to the de-briefing screen or return to the desktop. This has happened every time (3).

I've done an exhaustive forum search and have found other black screen probs, but nothing similar to this one. Any ideas?

Guest capun

Well this mod freezes my computer, I have to ALT-CTRL-DEL to bring the Task Manager and shut down SFP1.

I have a couple of questions

- You said that the model is based on the stock F/A-18A from the Mirage Factory. I assume Version 1.0?

- If I snoop on the FA-18A.ini file I see this

[AircraftData]

[LOD001]

Filename=FA-18A.lod

Distance=100

[LOD002]

Filename=FA-18A-001.lod

Distance=300

[LOD003]

Filename=FA-18C-002.lod ; The stock F/A-18A has FA-18A-002.lod

Distance=1500

[LOD004]

Filename=FA-18C-003.lod ; The stock F/A-18A has FA-18A-003.lod

Distance=12000

Where did you get this files from? The files are larger and the date newer than the stock lod's. Did you do some hex editing to this files? The other two lod's size and dates do not seem to match the stock lod's.

The package has the FA-18A-002.lod and FA-18A-003.lod that seem to be the stock files

- The cockpit.ini file has entries that I have never seen done like that

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=Cock_F18

Instrument[034]=RadarAltimeter2

Instrument[035]=Guncount

Instrument[036]= ; I've never seen blank entries

Instrument[037]=

Instrument[038]=

Instrument[039]=

Instrument[040]=

Instrument[041]=

Instrument[042]=Reflection1

Instrument[043]=Reflection2

There are several areas with blank entries, don't you have to renumber the instruments to get rid of the blank entries?

Well this mod freezes my computer, I have to ALT-CTRL-DEL to bring the Task Manager and shut down SFP1.

I have a couple of questions

- You said that the model is based on the stock F/A-18A from the Mirage Factory. I assume Version 1.0?

- If I snoop on the FA-18A.ini file I see this

[AircraftData]

[LOD001]

Filename=FA-18A.lod

Distance=100

[LOD002]

Filename=FA-18A-001.lod

Distance=300

[LOD003]

Filename=FA-18C-002.lod ; The stock F/A-18A has FA-18A-002.lod

Distance=1500

[LOD004]

Filename=FA-18C-003.lod ; The stock F/A-18A has FA-18A-003.lod

Distance=12000

Where did you get this files from? The files are larger and the date newer than the stock lod's. Did you do some hex editing to this files? The other two lod's size and dates do not seem to match the stock lod's.

The package has the FA-18A-002.lod and FA-18A-003.lod that seem to be the stock files

- The cockpit.ini file has entries that I have never seen done like that

[CockpitSeat001]

ModelName=Cock_F18

Instrument[034]=RadarAltimeter2

Instrument[035]=Guncount

Instrument[036]= ; I've never seen blank entries

Instrument[037]=

Instrument[038]=

Instrument[039]=

Instrument[040]=

Instrument[041]=

Instrument[042]=Reflection1

Instrument[043]=Reflection2

There are several areas with blank entries, don't you have to renumber the instruments to get rid of the blank entries?

I did not download this F/A-18 but i find it strange that it has exactly the same info as the one i downloaded from C6's megapack

Well its gone and bpao is getting a correct one out so lets leave it at that.