Sign in to follow this  
Leeman

Intruders Ingress to Target

Me and my buddy on our way to make a mess out of VC runway (Wings Over Vietnam merged install with Wings Over Europe).

post-2009-1149958220_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leeman

Kinda sad a navy det flying off the beech has to barrow a plane from the mens department to do thier job. I bet the mechs are retaleating for no pork roast for thursday night chow. Welcome aboard Leeman. :ph34r: VR, CL

post-11823-1149975224_thumb.jpg

Nice pic, charlielima!

Looks like you like to drop your ordinance low, loaded with snakeyes!

I like to come in low too. On that particular mission though, I was tasked with bombing a runway. I like to come in lined up with the runway, nice and low, then I start to climb as I near the target and "toss" or "loft" the bombs at the target. Love that technique. I don't know if it's a legitimate tactic or not but at least it keeps me from having to fly directly over my target.

"Toss Bombing" is a skill that is going the way of the Tomcat and Intruder as the JDAM and JSOW are used more and more. It was used more to throw a nuke at some one, but heaving two MER's worth of MK82 on Mr Victor Charles' head is better that getting you a** shot off.

Oh yeah, please don't mention loading that many MK82's again, it make me twitch. :blink:

Edited by firehawkordy

Half the time I can only hit anything with snakeyes. I only load this many for the picture. My thot is this could only be reasonable to prepare a stretch of jungle for a new freeway. With fuse extenders maybe we could LAPES the Cats in :ph34r: VR,CL