Sign in to follow this  
CowboyTodd41

What are we doing to conserve gas?

What are you doing to conserve gas?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What are you doing to conserve gas?

• Shiftin her in to neutral and letin 'er drift
    • Making fun of France
    • Invading Iraq
    • Joining the Democratic Party

No need to conserve it, I am getting it for ya, located in Green Canyon 640 here in the Gulf of Mexico, me and my gang of toolpushers, drillers, mechanics, roustabouts, and seaman are drilling away so you need not worry about the importing, we got it right here, hook load over 700,000 pounds, 4200' of water drilling over 20,000' deep and still going.

Just so you know we burned 9,768 gallons of fuel doing it today...now being a drillship that is station keeping we did 0 miles (we orbit maybe 6' around the desired position) to 9,768 gallons...but if measure distance through the water (current) thats about 271 gallons per mile...

Cheers

Beer

My dad probably sold some pressure swtiches for your rig, ever heard of SOR inc.?

Guest Ranger332

Well I bike ride every wear get bout 200miles per fart

Well...

I went out and bought a used Honda, and fixxed up my old subaru Brat which always got about 25/28 MPG. Parked my Toyota PU and Kicked my Wife out of here gas drinking Rodeo. (what can I say, I like Japanese cars)

Gas in the Wash DC area is fastly closing in on 2 bucks a gallon, and I've got a 20 mile commute. I wish I could find a rider to car pool with but no in my area seems to go in as early as I do. I'd train it in but, the cost of parking daily at the station, along with the ticket is actually more money than the gas, and the nearest stop is 10 miles away!

Oh well... Go Go go little subaru! 0 to 60, in like 5 minutes!!! :D

just trying to do my part.

BirdDogg

Join the Democratic party? Joke, right?

Not in my lifetime...........

Chief W.

Join the Democratic party?   Joke, right?

Not in my lifetime...........

Chief W.

Mine neither

Actually, I walk most everywhere I go, or take a cab from base to where ever it is around Oceana I wanna go

Im not eating so many beans these days...

Hmmm...with the past two months under 30 degrees F for high temps and averaging 10 degrees F for the low...heat's been cranking. No conserving there.

Recent snow storms...my Jeep Cherokee's been in 4 wheel drive almost all the time. I smile at the ricers tucked nicely in the snow drifts off the side of the road as I cruise on by. :lol: BTW, I'm not one of those folks who uses an SUV as a status symbol, mine actually goes off road and gets dirty when I go camping in the summer. Northern Michigan has some great places off the beaten path. In the winter I use it to get to work when others are snowed in...I work for an airline and we don't close. :wink:

Some of you folks weren't even born yet, but I remember the "oil shortage" in the 70s. People freaking out and sitting in line for hours at gas stations. Teachers at my school warned us that oil would run dry in my lifetime...oh the horror.

I still have faith in Beerman, out pumping in the Gulf of Mexico. Plus the untapped oil reserves in Alaska and off the west coast...although the treehuggers and whale savers don't like that idea.

I already belong to the Democratic party :lol::lol::lol: MUHUHAHAHA!!!

The liberal stands alone on Biohaz. :lol:

Beer didnt like my last (only) post on petrol conservation, and I dont think anybody listened to me.... alas atleast im trying.

BTW, all liberals arent evil, just Janeane Garafalo, and those Limousine Liberals, you dont see many lower class, working individuals at those meaningless rallies do you? No, of course you dont, because they (we) have more to worry about (like feeding a family), than "Meh, the whales are being killed... someone save them :cry: ". Bunch of mincy little faggots, I hate them all, giving people like me a bad name, they almost make my skin crawl as much as the mere sight of John Ashcroft.

Nuthin'. Still driving my Suburban 75 miles a day. Them little fuel efficient cars seem to scoot right outta my way when I put my bumper 4ft from their back window at 75mph. :lol::lol:

well, I'm a registered democrat too, although if I were to run, I'd be extremely moderate,. it's just my personalty (i'm pro-war btw)

well, I'm a registered democrat too, although if I were to run, I'd be extremely moderate,. it's just my personalty (i'm pro-war btw)

I think you should run, most (well the ones that want to win) always move to the center. Ex: Lil' Bush is a fanatical Conservative Chrisian, but that doesnt get the votes that "Compassionate Conservative" gets.

Im pro war aswell... sometimes, everytime I think of Iraq or what I would do to France this little wavfile from "Stronghold" comes to mind "Burn them, Burn them all!!!", its an Engineer pouring boiling oil over the enemy... gruesome game.

Speaking of, does anybody want to make a mod for the F-4 so that we may stick Napalm on our AA mounts... the more, the merrier. :lol:

Nuthin'.  Still driving my Suburban 75 miles a day.  Them little fuel efficient cars seem to scoot right outta my way when I put my bumper 4ft from their back window at 75mph.   :lol:  :lol:

Muhahahaaaaaa! :twisted:

In order to conserve on gas, I am eating less beans and other gastrointestinally hazardous foods. Some people don't want blood for oil; in my case, it's "no salsa for me".

Seriously, I'm occasionally making a calm case for the American right of self-protection and keeping an eye on the Franco-German efforts to split the Atlantic Alliance and NATO. Reading John O'Sullivan's columns are quite illustrative for this; Richard Lowry's occasional remarks are of additional use from time to time. That, plus hoping and praying that we've got the right cause, the right plan, and the right circumtances to, if we fight, win quickly, win cheaply in terms of our lives and theirs, and to drive a stake in the heart of the problems out there.

There's not much that a grad student can do, other than to heap scorn on the anti-war groups on grounds.

Oh yeah: I drive a nice fuel-efficient Chevrolet sedan and despise sport-utes (the modern minivan; can't see around them, they're everywhere, and the very people who should be driving Yugos are the ones who have them; moreover, the five-foot woman yapping on her cell phone, drinking a latte, praising the Golden Child, and honking the horn while driving SS Lincoln Navigator always seems to be in the wrong lane and ignoring her turn signal when crossing over on me. Pardon the vent---I about got hit by one of the above earlier in the week, and it's getting to be a regular occurrence from these types.)

I live in the mountains of SW Virginia,and my little pick up is driven daily,lift kit and all...I did drop down in tire size to a set of 35/12.50 super swamppers.I still get a respectable 10 mpg highway,6 around town and when I lock her down...well you can't pour gas out of a jug fast enough to keep her going! :D But I wash it once a year,and I even get the deer hair,and empty beanie weenie cans out after hunting season!

Lets see... I just rebuilt the motor in my suburban so I would'nt have to buy some feeble little 4 banger, or 6 banger. Then we took the beast up to where the snow is (in 4 wheel drive of course!) and let the little ones, (including me and my sore, tortured, 40 year old body) slide down hill on sleds. Oh yes, this was all for fun! As far as the beans go, I'm still eating as many as before, much to the chagrin of those forced to spend hours on end in the cockpit with me! There must be a way to collect and use that stuff....

Just a small update. I put 400 or so miles on the Suburban this week. Gotta fill 'er up tomorrow. 32 gallons of unleaded. 40 bucks worth of fossil fuel. Ain't America great! :D

Beer:

I drive a three banger GEO Metro Droptop ,40+mpg!!

High Kelle and a button bit, same o'll driller, same o'll shi_.

I've pulled a ringer or two on a tripel in Redwash, Utah

Oops, that 40 bucks was at last weeks price. Be more like 50 bucks this week. :shock: