Sign in to follow this  
PhabulousPhantom

Flyable F/A-18....

Just bought a dutch flightsim magazine and in it some dude is playing the alpha version and also saying that he was told that there will be a flyable F18 in lockon...

might be nice, i would have prefered the F14 or F4.. to many F18 sims out there as it is..

Yes, the LOMAC team gave a preview plus stick time to some Dutch simmers and afterwards several of the simmers at the interview later seemed to hint that at least there is already one plane being readied for an add-on or as part of the original release. They said it was the F/A-18. That would make some sense since Matt worked on that sim as well for EA.

The LOMAC team still refuses to say if there is indeed a new plane in planning or an add-on. If they do add it, it would seem that the next step would be to add the navalized Su-27 (can't remember its real name) and carrier operations.

My only concern is the campaign. I hope it is dynamic. I know Ross has stated that it will be, but the lack of info is troubling to me.

Yeah dynamic campaign is a must... and one that realy randomizes missions.. so you dont get like 10 BDA missions after eachother.. i hate that

I thought the Sukhoi Su-33 was in the game, unless of course they cut it.

Well I'm sure this rumor will make its way to Matt soon enough and we will hear something about it in a journal entry or something. Personally I would trade a DC for a Hornet anyday as I feel dynamic campaigns are over rated (unlees its like EECH which was awsome), but none the less I think a hornet in Lock-On is highly unlikely right now.

The flyable F-14 and F-18 release with the NAVAL ADD-ON. This add-on appears after the release of Lock-on. Sorry cause i dont know the correct date.

Regards

Bold statement there, do you have confirmation of this and from who?

I guess there might a perfect explanation to this. First of all the Russian side have the Flyable Su-33 the ability to land and take off from a carrier. The American side doesent, so it would be a good idea add this fighter.

Yeah but Terminator the whole problem is that the F18 would require A/G radar and a significant avionics upgrade from the SU33. Its not just the carrier ops, but actually adding A/G avionics to LOMAC for a Hornet.