Sign in to follow this  
Guest Charles

What does Il-2 have that Strike Fighters doesn't?

Guest Charles

Hmm...

IL2SUMMER.JPG

Edited by Charles

Very nice! Hopefully you're not just teasing us WW2 flyers. The Sturmovik is a beautiful addition to all the Yaks and Lavochkins out there now. Soon? She's a real beauty. Ah, the Russian front. Never get over 6000 feet and outnumbered 30 to 1. Gonna have to figure out how to paint a tulip on the spinner of the 109G-10. :cool:

Guest Charles

Definitely not a tease.

Coming soon to SF, courtesy of Capun's A-team, with matching Russian Front terrain by Edward.

Edited by Charles

Very nice.....

Fantastic! I've been busily downloading all the WW2 stuff I can find. Now, Russia? One quick question though, and not trying to be a pain, but is anyone working on any more 109's ? With two additions, the F-4, and the G-5/6, the important parts of the line would be covered. I could make an F from the G-10 for my personal use, but it would be nice to have both these with correct cockpit exteriors, etc. Just curious.

Guest Charles

An F would be a useful addition, wouldn't it? Probably the best dogfighter in the Bf-109 range, and widely used in Russia and North Africa. Not a current A-Team project, though.

I think Wolf was working on a Bf-109F a while back, I'm not sure where it is up to right now. For the time being I have a faux F, using the G as a base with some FM edits. And there are some great North African skins about for the G, a couple by Wrench and at least one by Gramps, to go with it.

Here is Gramps' JG27 skin, over Edward's upcoming North African terrain.

Bf109F.JPG

The beauty of SF is that you can easily have separate installs, for different eras. I currently have five WWII-era installs: NW Europe, Russia, North Africa, Pacific and SWOTL (1946-49 Europe), each with the right aircraft and skins for that era and area. Plus all the more modern installs, of course, from Korea onwards.

Edited by Charles

A rear gunner in the IL-2 yelling "What the H*LL are you doing?" when you pull negative Gs. :rofl:

Actually, there's lots of stuff available for SF that IL2 fans have been dying for and probably won't get for years, if ever. (He-219, Lancater, Libya terrain, etc.)

Guest capun

Check the files section soon. The IL-2m3 and IL-2m3M (Tank Buster) have been uploaded

An F would be a useful addition, wouldn't it? Probably the best dogfighter in the Bf-109 range, and widely used in Russia and North Africa. Not a current A-Team project, though.

I think Wolf was working on a Bf-109F a while back, I'm not sure where it is up to right now. For the time being I have a faux F, using the G as a base with some FM edits. And there are some great North African skins about for the G, a couple by Wrench and at least one by Gramps, to go with it.

Here is Gramps' JG27 skin, over Edward's upcoming North African terrain.

The beauty of SF is that you can easily have separate installs, for different eras. I currently have five WWII-era installs: NW Europe, Russia, North Africa, Pacific and SWOTL (1946-49 Europe), each with the right aircraft and skins for that era and area. Plus all the more modern installs, of course, from Korea onwards.

What a beautiful skin. That's a must have. Can't wait for Edward's North Africa. I have his Korea, and all his Pacific terrains. A mock F, and early G, will certainly do the trick, since we have Spit 5's, Hurri 2's, etc. With the modders hard at work, and TK constantly updating, this sim takes up more and more of my hard drive, but I don't care. If this one runs out of space after Russia and N. Africa, I'll just buy an external.

Horribly porked FM's (edit) and a terribly done damage and damage modeling system!

You knew someone would say it sooner or later. :tomato::rofl:

Edited by Sky Captain

I did a 109???? :dntknw:

Hurri, Spits, Blenheims, Tomahawks yes (even a USN Wildcat and Dauntless for Torch)

Thought about a 109, but never got around to it.

But thanks for the compliment, Charles :)

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Guest Charles

Hmm...

Thought they were your artwork, Wrench, those MTO JG 53 and JG 77 skins Bf-109G skins I have.

Maybe be they are both Gramps' - if so, my apologies. Great skins, though.