Sign in to follow this  
Papa_K

CCIP Reticle Adjustments?

Is there a way to adjust the CCIP reticle position?

The way it is right now for my deliveries, with a 52 mil reticle if I pickle when the top edge of the reticle hits the target, it's right on. I'd like to move it so I can use the center of the reticle.

For the avionics60.dll manual bombing, it was fairly simple to adjust the mils. (It would be nicer if it could be done in-cockpit, rather than with an .ini edit.) Anything similar for avionics70?

Papa_K

TK said on his forum that the inaccuracy of the CCIP is by purpose, he wants the players to use more than one bomb to destroy a target ......

I've found that for low angle deliveries below about 4000ft (possibly 2000ft max, I would't know as I never get above those altitudes) if you use the weapons editor to make your bombs retarded and add a drag multiplier of 9 to whatever iron bombs you use then the CCIP reticle is damn near spot on.

It's a less than ideal method, but after tonnes of experimentation it was the only sure fire way I could find to hit targets every time using CCIP and it is limited to low altitudes. Like I said, totally unrealistic, but if you want a "death dot" on your HUD, it is one way of doing it.

I do it like Papa_K does, using the top edge of the reticle (even didnt change size of it). I hit single objects like Tanks etc all the time.