Sign in to follow this  
Ken in Kansas

Help - Can't get weapons loaded

Help! For some reason, I can't load weapons on the Mig-21 or CF-104 with WOV/WOE. I was able to in the past, now when I try to select any weapons from the drop down menus on the load out screen, only drop tanks are available, no matter what hardpoint I'm on. I've looked at the .ini files for both aircraft, everything seems ok. Any ideas?

Are you using Bunyap's Weapons Pack?

Yes, the latest one...

Try to change the attachment points to WP in the aircrafts data.ini file.

Guest capun

Did you downloaded Bunyap's aircraft loadout/data ini mods to make the Weapons Pack work correctly and apply them?

Open up you aircraft's DATA.ini and scroll down to the weapons stations section. It should look something like this:

[LeftWingStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=1

StationGroupID=1

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-2.10,-1.14,-0.39

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=500.0<-------- The maximun weight of the weapon. (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe in kilograms.

LengthLimit=3.5<-------- The maximun length (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe in meters.

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,RCKT,RP,IRM,SAHM<----- This is what USAFMTL was talking about, the types of weapons alowed.

AttachmentType=SOVIET<-------- This allows the nation's weapons on the station. It does NOT need to correspond with the aircraft nation.

ModelNodeName=WingPylon_L

PylonMass=60

PylonDragArea=0.02

LaunchRailNodeName=MissileRail_L

LaunchRailHeight=0.10

LaunchRailMass=25

The culprit may be one of the above, the way I fix the weapon station is that I open up the weapon editor, pick the weapon that I want to put onto the aircraft, look at the specificationis, and craft the data to my needs. Look at the Weapons_Pack.pdf in your main game directory (if you installed the weapons pack and didn't delete it) for the nation and weapon abreviations. Other good resourcese are the CA knowledge base and the wiki knowledge base

do as USAFMTL already said, change the "AttachmentType=" entry to "WP" , and delete any other Nations already there.