This isn't really a problem, per se, but I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the tension for the Saitek X52 stick. I know how to adjust the throttle, but the stick's a bit too loose for my likings (I've gotten too used to the super-tension on M$ sticks), but if there isn't a way, I can adapt.

By the way, if you haven't gotten one of these things, you should think about it, if your budget allows.

Edited by Sky Captain

This isn't really a problem, per se, but I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the tension for the Saitek X52 stick. I know how to adjust the throttle, but the stick's a bit too loose for my likings (I've gotten too used to the super-tension on M$ sticks), but if there isn't a way, I can adapt.
you could try

http://www.mahoganyscandlecorner.com/X52.html

Thanks, I'll check it out. Oh, and the throttle seems to 'twitch' (i.e., it jumps between 65% power and 66% power) even when I'm not touching it. Anyone else experience this/know how to fix it?

Edit: Actually, not just the throttle, but the rotaries as well (even the thumb slider, I think).

Edit: The throttle only seems to go crazy when it's centered. And in WoV it has a sort of null zone outside the detents.

Edited by Sky Captain

yes i have a satiek x52 and i get the same throlte prob but not on my slider or no that i have noticed.

if u have to adjust the dead zones just right click on the throltle in the lower right or where the time is.

yes i have a satiek x52 and i get the same throlte prob but not on my slider or no that i have noticed.

if u have to adjust the dead zones just right click on the throltle in the lower right or where the time is.

An alternative would be to reset the calibration.

Unplug the controller, click Start>Run, type regedit and click OK. In the Registry Editor browse to the following folders in order:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

SYSTEM

CurrentControlSet

Control

MediaProperties

PrivateProperties

DirectInput

And delete the VID_06A3&PID_0255 folder. Plug the controller back in, rotate and twist the stick fully a couple of times and see if that has fixed it.

This is from Seitek support, read all about it at:

http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=9779

Thanks, I'll try that too. I posted posted about it at the forums (you probably saw it), and one of the guys there said it was, em, 'normal'. Either way, just as long as it doesn't mess with my games...

Edit: Hmm, can't find the VID_06A3&PID_0255 folder. Oh well.

Edited by Sky Captain

It's not normal, whoever said that should be fired because it makes the joystick look cheap and inoperative :nono: . Mine started do it and made most of my games unplayable. If it gets any worse try doing a search for the folder with the find function. Also, it should be one of the few folders in the DirectInput folder with an expandable box with it (subfolders).

Edited by Justice_AA

It IS cheap and inoperative. :tomato:

J/k.

I'm going to look for it again, although I've found two folders with subfolders. I don't really think I want to delete them both, however.