Sign in to follow this  
Jimbib

Can ya guess what this is?

Started this plane this afternoon and have gotten relatively far with it. about 7 and bit thousand polys so far, so have got a few to dabble with. You may be thinking its a P-51, but its not, its a British little known look-a-like from WW2. The company that made it aren't famous for making planes but they sure are for something else vital to a plane :wink:

earlyrender.jpg

Also, Nimrod is still WIP and much on the agenda :wink:

Started this plane this afternoon and have gotten relatively far with it. about 7 and bit thousand polys so far, so have got a few to dabble with. You may be thinking its a P-51, but its not, its a British little known look-a-like from WW2. The company that made it aren't famous for making planes but they sure are for something else vital to a plane :wink:

earlyrender.jpg

Also, Nimrod is still WIP and much on the agenda :wink:

Hawker Typhoon?

I'm going to guess a Martin Baker MB5?

I'm guessing it's a WWII/Post-WWII British P-51 lookalike manufactured or prototyped by some obscure Plane-parts making company.

Definately an MB-5

That would be an interesting 'What If...' add on!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Buff and Wrench you'e bang on target :smile: Martin Baker Mb.5 it is. And hell yeah, if I can pull this off it'll be great fun as a what-if add-on lol. Sky Captain you're quite correct, it does look a lot like the P-51, even had the same big airscoop underneath and skinny fuselage. Had quite a different cockpit as well which I don't recall seeing on any fighter aircraft since.....

mb5cockpitsmall.jpg