Sign in to follow this  
rabid_raptor

Photos posted - update...

These are 1600x1200... taken with a Canon Powershot A540. No contact sheet is available yet, but if you see one you like here (half size, not the full collection), look for the corresponding file name. I've appended the aircraft description to the file name on the full size shots. Enjoy!

Files are here.

UPDATE: Image Indexes are posted in the respective folders.

Alternatively, for easy viewing, they are here, as well.

Early Years

- Page 1

- Page 2

- Page 3

Cold War

- Page 1

- Page 2

- Page 3

- Page 4

Modern

- Page 1

- Page 2

- Page 3

Experimental

- Page 1

- Page 2

Presidential

- Page 1

Since I haven't been able to offer much to this talented community, I wanted to at least share these images. Cheers!

Edited by rabid_raptor

Thanks RR.

Very nice pics,Thanks!I hope you had a great time.

nice pic.s man and i did went there two times it is very nice , hey did they add more aircraft??

nice pic.s man and i did went there two times it is very nice , hey did they add more aircraft??

Thanks, Gerald. Since this was my first trip, I couldn't tell what has been added, nor when. Feedback from others suggests that they've made significant changes in recent years (including the addition of the 'Cold War' hangar as a separate exhibit). The numbers I saw showed that they have more than 300 aircraft in the collection, over 180 of which are on display. Also, old pictures I've seen suggest they move things around occasionally.

Wright-Pat AFB is awesome! I got to go there as a cadet in the CAP many years ago. For me, it was like seeing the stuff of legend.

Nice pics. How many flash cards did you bring for your camera!

Nice pics. How many flash cards did you bring for your camera!

Thanks, Boom. Amazingly enough, I needed only one. I bought a 1GB SD card at Best Buy for $29 and had room to spare. I was also surprised at the number of photos I managed to pull off with a single set of batteries. At 6 MP, 1200x1600 in superfine resolution with flash and lcd active, I managed 380 shots before I had to change batteries.

29 Bucks! wow I remember looking at them in staples about a year ago and they were over $100. That looks like some sort of crazy Ebay deal.