Sign in to follow this  
Curious

I'm another idiot and also need the help of someone who is not

I downloaded the files for adding camo fuel tanks for the F100. I followed the instruction in the accompanying readme file and put the files where they belong and added the entry to the weaponsdata.ini file. But when it came to using the weapons editor to "activate" the new item I've tried everything that I can think of to add the items to the game without any success whatsoever (they're still silver). I found and read a thread here somewhere in these forums about using the weapons editor. Everything seems to go according to the instructions until I try to save the "new" "weaponsdata" file -- it won't let me. How do you do something (which should be ultra simple) like add fuel tanks to the game? There has to be an easier way than this. Thanks for any help.

CB

Do you have the latest wep editor? That sounds like the problem to me.

Do you have the latest wep editor? That sounds like the problem to me.

I have the one that came with the game. The "exe" file is version 1.0.0.1. Is there a newer one available somewhere?

CB

I neglected to mention that I'm trying to add this item to WOV (not SF-P1). That probably makes a difference.

And WOE doesn't even have a Weapons folder under the Objects folder. So I assume that new items can't even be added to WOE.

CB

The weapons folder comes from bunyaps weps packs. Yes you can have new weps in WOE, I have over 2000 of them. Find the latest editor for WOV then follow my tutorial. I think the latest editor in in Bunyaps weps pack but not sure what version it is.

Finally got it to work. The editor in the latest weapons pack was the same one I was using. I guess I just got lucky and accidentally did the right thing at the right time. Maybe it will be easier (as in "less difficult) next time. Thanks again for your help.

CB

Good deal.