As far as I know, all you need to do is go into the data.ini (look for the file that has MiG19S Data.ini), and at the very top it should have 'NationName=*nation here*.' Change whichever it is to 'Hungary,' and you should be set. All you'll need is to find a Hungarian skin (which I don't think exists yet)

Edit: You'll have to extract the file from Objects'cat, if you're changing the default plane. If you're editing a 3rd party aircraft, it should already be there.

Just download the SFP1E utility (Downloads > Strike Fighters/Wings Over Vietnam > SF Utilities/Editors > SFP1E File Extract Util [second Page]), install it, then open Objects.cat with it, and scroll down through the confused mess of files until you find 'MiG19S Data.ini.' That should be the file you need.

Edited by Sky Captain

Please help me!I would like to make the Mig-19PM.But I don't know what must I edit in the *.ini's.

i think you will need add a radar to the plane via the avionics.ini.check the Mig-17PF or PFU avionics file as i think the radars were very similar.also I think in the knowlege base is some info that may be of help.

A real, new 19PM is on Pasko's "To Do" list, along with a new, complete (not needed the new nose) 17PFU.

Don't know when they'll be finished.

You could use the existing RP-1 Izumrud nose, but I think the Farmer's fuselage is a little fatter than the Fresco's. Simply a matter of creating a new hardpoint, and dailing in the location of the nose/radar cover via the data ini, and adding it to the loadout ini. Use the same avionics as the PFU, and cockpit (nice mod of the A-4s for that at my site)

In the screenie above, is this what we're seeing or is it photoshoped? On the PFU, I haven't been able to get the numbers to show on the nose cone, even adding it as a 'node' in the decal ini. Moving it aft, of course, and making it slightly smaller works though :)

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Haven't seen that mod before, and there's no name in the readme.

The attachements and nation names are off, as well as the missile names (should be RS-2US for the Alkali B's) This would explain the missing nose and missiles.

The pylons will be off, simply because the Farmer is larger than the Fresco. A whole new Izumrud nose lod, with associated pylons would need to be made to get it right.

Further investigation is required :)

As for the avionics, use the existing one from the PFU Fresco. Not much difference, that I know of in the RP-1 and RP-5's the Farmer D/E used.

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Edited by Wrench

'll be trying the same thing very soon (19P, PM), as I'm working up the list of PVO interceptors and SAC bombers (will use IL-28 for B-45). Just got the PFU nose and new K5 missiles working again. I want to change the PFU FM over to C5's hardcore -17F FM.

I may be wrong, but the FPU nose might be needed for the Alkali missiles to even show up and be used. I figured --- hey the -PF (and -19P) can't use the PFU rails in the PFU nose, so if they don't have a radar nose neither does the missile carriers need it. But no missiles unless the PFU nose is there.

New K5 missiles and skins in the new Weapons Patch...

832f86dd.jpg

Ripple fire ... I wish the AI could do this.TK?

2adf7232.jpg

Success. Using the MiG-21PFM grey cockpit with tweaks to get PFU radar working right.

a2df9c1a.jpg

After the battle, two B-29s escaped, the thick contrails...

b9280d87.jpg

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Nice screenies, Lexx!

Yes, the pylons are part of the radar nose lod. Which explains why the missiles are sitting too far foward, if the nose is correctly placed (at least on my version of that unknown Beta)

If someone was talented enough, it could be rebuilt and a new PM could be created in the same way the 17PF/PF SP16 and PFU were done.

You can still load the missiles, you just won't have a 'visual' plyon for them to hand from.

There's a fix for the PFU is also listed on the Weapons Wiki.

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Edited by Wrench

Wrench that is fantastic -- ECM instead of weapon. I wondered what a Weapon Wiki was, now I know...

Weapon Wiki....

http://bunyap2w1.com/SFP1_Wiki/index.php?t...115f9f819d7d7a9

29, basically, study the ini files -- it takes alot of time and there is lots of little details. The people who make these things are geniuses. I'm just stepping into it now, looking at the work of others who came long before.

I managed this tonight. The nose should be a little more forward, but the associated pylons are already too far forward. Thus, a compromise. I tried making a 17PFU.ini file to setup glossiness/specular lighting but it does not work. I silvered out the dark painted guns and blast plates on the -19S skin so they are not so visible.

560711cf.jpg

Even so, I moved the missiles back a bit on the rails. It will do. The canopy (hinged) is open so you see more than when its closed in flight.

0a867135.jpg

There is black and white Cold War publicity shot you see in some books (Bill Gunsten for example) and I try to recreate it...sun reflecting off the bottom of the MiG...

6fc0fda0.jpg

AwSim ripple fire...if the AI could do this. TK?

f5c75c2d.jpg

MiG-21 PFM green cockpit. It takes some tricks to make this work, like using a blanked out black F-4E radar bmp to get a clear screen. Alot of radars got porked with green smear after Service Patch 4 -- Su-15, F-111, etc...are some I know of that are fixed with a blank black bmp file instead of tga file.

4edfb8ff.jpg

Can you send me the your's version of the MiG-19?

Its not exactly my version but a mix other peoples' work that I just experimented with for a short time -- so short a time, that until more avionics and flight model work is done its just -17FPU makeup applied to ThirdWire -19S skin and -19S flight model.

I would need to get with the original authors of these works and get their approval before sharing.

Until then, start work on your Masters Degree in _DATA.ini Molding. I don't have mine either, but doing this was a small start -- mainly into learning SF tricks.

:good:

You'll find the same ECM fix works on the Skyhawk humps too (also mine, also posted at the Wiki)

Good find on the radar bmp....that green smear has been driving me bat-s**t on my Red Air birds!

I'll be fixing that ASAP!!!

May I also reccomend writing up a little 'how to' and posting that in USAFMTL's Knowledge Base here at CA??

Wrench

Kevin Stein

May I also reccomend writing up a little 'how to' and posting that in USAFMTL's Knowledge Base here at CA??

Me in the Brain Base? Tristan in Boopidoo's ThudWire Su-15 thread had the better idea -- it may be easier to just convert existing radar tga to bmp. I guess this would also preserve any green radar display grids and stuff like that. My initial idea of blank black bmp is only because that's all the Su-15 needs for the basic background display -- empty blank. Same with the PFU. I am having second thoughts if the FB-111A is effected or not -- I *thought* I saw green smear, but now can't find the tga files anywhere even in the unmodified backup download. FB-111 radar (and radarppi) bmp's need the green grid images and not blank black bmp's. Looking again at my old FB-111 folder, I'm thinking the lack of bmp's is the problem, not simply tga's. ie...no bmp means green smear. just don't know. Moonjumper says The Green effects the MiG-21 radar (unkown version/s) but I have not noticed it but then I have not been really flying them.

Good News. Macaddie's MiGs at Avsim has a modded "PFU" nose without the rails (a "PF" nose), so we can make plain MiG-19P also.

Best, for -19PM, I successfully used the PFU nose with the missile rails in the proper position (ie...PFU nose too far to the rear, inside the -19S inlet in fact). But -- an additional PF Nose "weapon" added in front of the PFU nose "weapon" gives great results.

Can you post the data ini and loadout ini changes? (just the relevant weapons sections), and perhaps the nose/fuselage systemname= bits?

I completly forgot about the PF....hide the nose INSIDE, give the plyons the correct placement!

Sounds like a very workable solution..!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Experiment to Taste.

[RadarStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

ShowFromCockpit=FALSE

StationID=7

StationGroupID=3

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.00,4.00,0.27

AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0

LoadLimit=140.0

AllowedWeaponClass=17PFU,EP

AttachmentType=Soviet

ModelNodeName=17PFU

PylonMass=10

PylonDragArea=0.08

LaunchRailNodeName=

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

[RadarStation2]

ShowFromCockpit=FALSE

StationID=8

StationGroupID=3

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.00,5.00,0.27

LoadLimit=140.0

AllowedWeaponClass=17PF,EP

AttachmentType=Soviet

ModelNodeName=17PF

PylonMass=10

PylonDragArea=0.08

LaunchRailNodeName=

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

The missile attachments can be taken directly from Pasko's -17PFU, I think -- forgot exactly what I did here.

I noticed extra pylons between the Alkali missiles, I believe they were the normal inboard pylons for the -19S and they showed up under some circumstance I can't remember. I managed to get rid of them by including this...ie...DO NOT take these stock -19S attachments out of any home-built -19PM, but include them. Bizzare yes?

// ******************************************************************************

// ******************************************************************************

// NEED THIS TO STOP EXTRA INBOARD PYLONS FROM SHOWING

[LeftWingStationInboard]

StationID=9

StationGroupID=4

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-1.74,2.36,-0.27

LoadLimit=250.0

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,RCKT,RP

AttachmentType=Soviet

ModelNodeName=Left_Wing_Inner_Pylon

PylonMass=30

PylonDragArea=0.01

[RightWingStationInboard]

StationID=10

StationGroupID=4

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=1.74,2.36,-0.27

LoadLimit=250.0

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,RCKT,RP

AttachmentType=Soviet

ModelNodeName=Right_Wing_Inner_Pylon

PylonMass=30

PylonDragArea=0.01

// *********

hehe :) // I heavily comment my ini files, something I learned when I used to program Fortran alot.

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Hallo .ini and mod shamans :biggrin:

I improved yesterday stock WOE/WOV Mig-17F to Mig-17PFU. PFU is in download section (not only one PFU). I tried Mig-19PM too. Mig-17PFU works great. I have not got finished Mig-19PM , because my english is poor. Mig-17 takes many hours for me.

In download section is mig-17PFU without cannon, and there is mod with gun too. That gun is OK or it is for better experience?

PFU is better with thad gun, but in service it has not gun, I think. In modifikation with Mig-21PFM cocpit and with radar search (F-104 avionics) and missiles RS-2US it works very good in interception. With gunsight in air to air mode it looks and shoots very good. GOD BLASE MAGO & BADGER the BAD for their FAMILIAR MIG-21 COCPITS!!!

In this topic Lexx_Luthor wrote: "Good News. Macaddie's MiGs at Avsim has a modded "PFU" nose without the rails (a "PF" nose), so we can make plain MiG-19P also."

I tried find thad "nose", but i do not find it. But my english is poor and I am here at this community (at CA) only five months. My experience with other download sections in other forums is poor.

SO HELP PLEASE WITH MIG-17PF FILE :blush:

Mig-19P is very nice aircraft, and with PFM cocpit and good gunsight it works realy good. I improve Shenyang J-6 from download section with PFU nose, radar, avionics, disable nose cannon, resize wing gun caliber to 23mm with 120 rounds and it is work fine. Missile, bomb and fuel tank pilons are the same on Mig-19PM and Shenyang J-6. But there are that PFU missile rails, and it looks like fork :crazy:

Good day pilots :clapping:

Edited by kukulino

Found it....17PF Nose

http://www.avsim.com/ ..... goto File Library -- StrikeFighters Mods, Utilities and Patches --

To make it *easy* , Change View from Normal Mode to Scan Mode -- this lists all 370 downloads in only 4 pages with no pictures.

Macaddie's -17PF nose is buried deep inside More MiGs[ by Lucas Sexton, on page 3 in Scan Mode.

kuk::

But there are that PFU missile rails, and it looks like fork :crazy:

hehe yes....Pitchfork, ouch

THANX for Your HELP Lexx_Luthor!!!

I found it with your help. I m downloading now...

My country (Slovakia) was a few years ago in federation with brothers from Czech republic. We was famous as Czechoslovak republic. We had Mig-17F, PF, -19S, -19P, -19PM in armament in our air force. Migs are very close involved to our history. Today we have Mig-21MFs and Mig-29As in our Slovak air force. In Czech republic are no Migs in service, I think.

Ohh, I wrote above: "Missile, bomb and fuel tank pilons are the same on Mig-19PM and Shenyang J-6." It is wrong. NO Mig-19PM but MIG-19P has the same pylons like Shenyang J-6.

OK. It is downloaded. I am going to improve my PM Pitchfork to P Bathing Belle... :biggrin:

Edited by kukulino

Hi ALL and team around Mig-17PF mod espetialy and Lexx_Luthor espetialy TOO.

Look at thiiiiiiiiiis, Uaaaaaaaaa... :crazy:

Mig_19P_mod.bmp

Gunfire works with Izumrud-5 display very good.

THANK YOU GUYS! THAX TO EVERY EVERY EVERYONE!!! :clapping:

Edited by kukulino

Congratulations kukulino. To poast pics, sign up for PhotoBucket here ~> http://photobucket.com/

They make it easy to poast pics on webboards, and they don't eat the bandwidth of the webboard!! Like this...

00004444-1175696905-img00043-22.jpg

This is with new Environment and lighting effects, the images last page seem cartoonish to me now. :dntknw:

Mmmm, very nice PMs on your picture :biggrin:

About that webboard: I see it firt time in your post. It will take a few ours to learn work with that :blush:

Well, ihave little problem with my Mig-17PF. After loading, it is on runway. It is OK. But nose af every Mig jumps in the air. After a few moments, it is stabilised. I think it is not good. Normal nose is on the ground... :crazy: What is wrong?

Jumpingnose.jpg

Edited by kukulino

try editing the shock values for the front wheel.

Thanx eraser_tr.

But I am trying nearly two hours, but mig still jumps.

I don't understand that values (English is easy... :haha: ).

This is from Mig-17PF_DATA.ini

[NoseGear]

SystemType=LANDING_GEAR

Retractable=TRUE

DeployTime=5.0

AnimationID=1

DragArea=0.124

HideGearNode=TRUE

ModelNodeName=NoseGearStrut

ShockNodeName=

ShockStroke=0.25 -----------------------This three lines are important in Mig problem, I think.

SpringFactor=3.0 -----------------------I tried change every line, but it jumps. OK, my english is not good. I don't

DampingFactor=0.3 -----------------------understand functions of this lines.

WheelNodeName=Nose_Tire

RollingRadius=0.200

CastoringWheel=TRUE

CastoringNodeName=

Steerable=TRUE

MaxSteeringSpeed=41.15

Locking=FALSE

MaxSteeringAngle=45.0

InputName=YAW_CONTROL

ControlRate=1.0

HasBrakes=FALSE

RollingCoefficient=0.05

MaxDeploySpeed=115.75

Edited by kukulino

mmm.... I don't know, I never had that in my PF ....

...I use the stock ThirdWire MiG-17F, but add the PF and PFU noses, add some avionics -- for now, F-94 avionics and radar for PF, and Pasko's PFU avionics for PFU. I now use streakeagle's or Fubar's "hardcore" -17F data file flight model (forgot who did that).

Edited by Lexx_Luthor