Sign in to follow this  
snapple2993

I think I may have had enough of the mp bullsh*t

It's no use trying anymore, I cant join games, the voice comm usually f*cks up the game, and even if I do get in a game that actually works, it crashes after about 15 minutes, and then its a trial to get it back up and running. I only play 3 games online, and SF seems to be the most imcomparably sh*tty mp game ever created (atleast it is for me). IL2 runs f*ckin beatifully with a room full of people (and I'm running 56k), Ghost Recon kicks ass, with however many people.

I'm not really complaining, I'm simply making a statement.

Whenever patch 2 comes out, it better fix all of the bugs (and I mean every single one), otherwise I'm sure I wont be the only one using this cd for a coaster, or even as a frisbie.

I love the F-4, and I love the single play (now), and I've heard rumors of an A-6 in the works( :D ), but as of my last few days of trying to get the game to work in mp, I really am starting to lose all respect for this game.

I admire the vision that TK had, in creating a game for this time period, and I admire all of the hard work that the modders, and skinners, have done for this game, but I'm just beginning to wonder if all of the effort has been in vane.

It's saddening to me to see such a sh*tty product be put out on the market, but it is becoming the norm for all games now. I find it to be revolting, to see that a company can just say to themselves "hey, we can just put the product out the way it is, and then patch it whenever". I hope that someone on UBI picks up this thread, and uses it as words of warning. It doesnt matter how long it takes LOMAC to come out, just make sure that it is atleast 95% complete when it does come out, and that missing 5% better not be MP SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know how long my vacation, from the stress of attempted MP in SF, will be, but I will say that it is a much needed one.

For now it will sit on my CD shelf in the shadow of such games as IL2, Rogue Spear, Ghost Recon (and its Xpacks), Madden 2003, Tropico, and even the horrid NHL 2003 (it may not look that good, but atleast it doesn't crash, and it didnt take a year to come out with a patch). All of the games listed above, work perfectly, or atleast at an acceptable level, and that was before they were patched.

I may continue to fly my single player missions, but I will not be making an overwhelming effort in mp anymore, until I hear some real, concrete, resounding complements of patch 2.

Sincerely,

Jason Saffell

XO, VF-143 Pukin' Dogs

MP issues are the downfall of this sim. You CANNOT make a sim these days without getting the MP working. TK ignored MP in his first patch, totally alienating half of his fan base. Then all the "remember EAW" posts came out, like we owed him something for EAW, when in truth we were owed a working game cause we paid $40, but that seems to be forgotten. We have not even heard SUGGESTIONS from the company on how to make MP play better, no release mentioning any of the "filechecking" or squat. I am tired of flying against AI. My skills go DOWN because of AI.

And now we can't even get a bone thrown to us about what IS being worked on in this patch. Now someone is saying you should only fly your vanilla SF in MP, which defeats the whole purpose of an openly modded sim.

Please, SOMEONE fix the MP.

"MP issues are the downfall of this sim. You CANNOT make a sim these days without getting the MP working. TK ignored MP in his first patch, totally alienating half of his fan base."

I wouldn't consider you part of TK's fan base.

Fan base as in buying public, Dan. And as a person who will be vocal in places where SF multi is supposed to be played. I can't count the number of people I have talked to on Hyperlobby that were so frustrated with no MP that thery were ready to chuck the CD. My response has been and will be to "wait till the second patch comes out to see if that helps". After that, figure they can do as they wish cause it will probably be anywhere from 8 months to a year before another patch will be released, if at all.

Fix MP, end the dissention, satisfy half your fan base.

Don't you agree, Dan? :wink:

Then all the "remember EAW" posts came out, like we owed him something for EAW.

I would agree, past performance is not a pardon for current shortcomings.

As I've said before, this game is one of the few black marks on the Strategy First name.

snapple2993

Thank you for your post. I can honestly say that alot of your points are correct. I hope you feel better now that you have vented.

Now ask yourself "are you one of the folks that want to make things better?" Or are you one of them that feels the need to waste everyones time and slam the game every chance you get?

I have had a VFS or been apart of one for going on 13 years now. I really want MP to be rock solid. I made a choice to work with the open archetecture of this sim and try to make it better for everyone.

There is so much that we as buying public are not prevy to and making bold statements that TK owes us is ignorant.

Unless you have stood in front of TK, looked him in the eye and talked to him at lenth you have nothing to base any attacks on charecter. We have publishers that have failed on several sims and yet they still are putting them out going down the same path as before. (No names mentioned)

But if you re-read your post, the only thing it did was to give the others an excuse to bitch out loud.

Again I respect your opions and I hope you get what you feel is needed in Strike Fighters.

Lo-Mac is half a year away so either wait or help make Strike Fighters the sim it has the potiental to be!

:)

Guest Ranger332

I lov it the same ppl that are bragging about Lockon forget it postphoned its release 4 times now has yet to produce even a demo for upload. This is like a house eather help fix it or move,but dont just stand there and cripe :roll: and the patch didnot take a year

I actually complemented TK on his vision, I didnt say anything good about LOMAC, instead I was hoping someone on UBI might pick up this post as words of warning. I know its been postponed 4 times, as I've said many times on this forum, "It doesnt matter how long it takes it to come out, just as long as it does come out, and it comes out in reasonable working order."

I've never judged TK's character, I simply said that past performance is a measuring stick for future products, one would hope that the level of satisfaction would go up, but in SF's case it has gone down.

I have made attempts to make the game better, me and Weasel (a beta tester for SF), exchanged (its in one of his posts somewhere) a little on how to help get mp running, everytime the mp actually works (rarely, but when it does) I post how I got it to work.

I'm not a modder, or a skinner, and I sure as hell am not a game expert, but I am a consumer, and that gives me the right to gripe, piss and moan, or sing the praises of a product.

As is, if SF does get working at or before the LOMAC release date, I will probably be flying SF more, because I dont see much in LOMAC for me outside of the graphics. I dont like Air Force planes, and the two Russian planes I do like are not in the game, so LOMAC will probably get limited play from me, FB would probably be a better buy in my opinion.

Gecko I appreciate you post, it was well thought out, and well written.

Cheers,

Jay

My question is WHY do we have to help make SF reach the potential is supposed to have? Wasn't that the idea when they were making it? Did the clerk say, "OK, thats $40, and it isn't going to work as advertised, so you have to learn programming to fix it"? And where did the notion go that if you buy something and it doesn't work, you aren't allowed to complain till you get satisfaction?

"I feel like I am taking CRAZY PILLS or something!"

Gecko, snapple IS NOT one of the guys that slams the game all the time, so that insinuation is moot. Please do not paint people with the SIMHQ approved brush that if you don't sing the praises of the game, then you are against it, because that is exactly what this sentence is saying:

"Now ask yourself "are you one of the folks that want to make things better?" Or are you one of them that feels the need to waste everyones time and slam the game every chance you get?"

Contrary to that idea, Snapple IS one of the people that wants things to get better. THATS why he posted his frustration at MP, along with the other people at Hyperlobby who are trying to get MP going.

I don't have to meet TK personally to know that this game is unfinished and that MP is not working. Maybe you should reread his post and see that Snapple actually praised TK, and no where said anything about his character. You were quick and on the defensive.

I have about 5 years on you in the VFS thing, since the days of 300 baud connections and SIMCGA. I have seen ALOT of sims come and go, and the way SF was released is not impressive at all. Everyone who bought this game with the intention of flying in MP is owed an apology by the company and TK. To you, that may sound harsh, but go ask someone in a retail store what happens when a customer complains about a product that they bought that didn't work. They are treated better, generally get to rant and even then the company tries to satisfy the customer because, and I think Third Wire and alot of people have forgotten:

The customer is ALWAYS right.

Go fix MP, eliminate dissention, satisfy half your fan base. 3 birds with one stone.

<S>

One more thing, I dont see many people from other squads trying to get it to work in mp. When I go to HL, I usually see most of my squad, and usually JD, Doghouse, seeing GOATBOY in there lately, and a few others... you know who you are.

I dont see half the people that bitch about mp, actually trying to do "MP", in fact I cant remember seeing ranger in there since the patch got released.

Before anyone decides to rip my squad, remember that we are the ones doing the grunt work over at HL.

My question is, when do we start seeing the Black Shadows, and all the others making a real attempt to get it to work. You do know what trouble shooting is. So far its been 143 and Weasel doin ther troubleshooting.

My advise is get off of BIOHAZ, and get off you ass, and try and fly. If I can find the time between my full class load and my 40+ hour work week to get over there and try this thing, all of you sure as hell can.

Note: on patch release day, HL was full, the day after there were like 8 people, notice I was there to see the 8 people, dont you ever critique my dedication to this game until, you yourself show some drive for improvement. My original post was an announcement of a vacation (imply's I'd been fighting it so long, I needed a break). That means that I will be back on HL, and I have been back on HL since my original post.(just not flying, but rather talking with people and seeing how the game is going, and what they are doing to get it to work)

So TOSS OFF!!! Till you get my credentials straight.

Hedu?

Gecko, snapple IS NOT one of the guys that slams the game all the time, so that insinuation is moot. Please do not paint people with the SIMHQ approved brush that if you don't sing the praises of the game, then you are against it, because that is exactly what this sentence is saying:

Snapple and I are on the same sheet of music. He is not mad at me and I am not attacking him. So please stop trying to defend him. BTW I was not referring to Snapple in my post. My 8 year old can see who the negative ones are.

Just re-read the posts. :)

Snapple I look forward to flying with you in the future!

Guest Ranger332

Iam spending my time eather in real world duty or bata testing for this game. so what are you doing to help if your goin to complaine give the problem your system specs and what you were doing or nothing can be done till a problem is noted specificly it cant be fixed. If you want to help give them the info to work with that they can use,and give they exact things to work on. the reasome for some of the problems is in trying to keep the game open some quick fixes will shut down things.

Ranger, I gave the specific problems and my pc specs in a post at SIMHQ. The post never got a reply from anyone who is either neta testing the patch or from any honchos at Third Wire or TK.

If you are beta testting, can you tell us if MP is being worked on?

[quote name="

If you are beta testting' date=' can you tell us if MP is being worked on?[/quote]

That would be nice

Guest Ranger332

Not by me Iam test the Cuban campaign along with several others

Gecko Is the team leader,but Iam not sure whos doing the mp bata testing

the whole campaign is subdevided and task out.

and as far as sending probs to SQ sent them to the game makers themselfs at lets that way its goin in the right direction

to my knolege there are three campaigns/seven aircraft

three ships,and American ADA all being tested by meny ppl so alot of things get overlokked by just being sent to S HQ. My advice again sent it to the game makers

So I take it you are not beta testing the game, just a mod. Creating mods for this sim is like painting you car before you take the dents out. You paint it, but have to repaint it after they fix the dents (patches).

Let me come across with a radical idea. All these people who are making mods and thinking they are making the sim reach it's potential should be fixing the broken issues before painting the car. Now that is a VERY altruistic view, and I can't really subscribe to it 100%, because I know some of the sim makers are doing it for the love of the game and also due to limited knowledge of the programming structure. But I will say this, with complete conviction, that to accuse people of mindless bitching and whining if they are not working to make the sim "reach it's potential" is just the lamest thing I have heard in a long time. If TK wants to open up the code so that people can knee deep into it to actually fix it, that would be different. Then something COULD be done buy the paying public. But to think that repainting a tank or creating the F-86 is fixing anything, then that is ludicrous.

We aren't talking mods. We are talking MP.

Fix the MP. Eliminate dissention, satisfy half your fan base.

Gecko, Snapple is my X.O.

Well then you have a squared away X.O. and I hope the rest of your Squad is more like him.

Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?

Guest Ranger332
I lov it the same ppl that are bragging about Lockon forget it postphoned its release 4 times now has yet to produce even a demo for upload. This is like a house eather help fix it or move,but dont just stand there and cripe :roll: and the patch didnot take a year

then back to my primary statment give info to help or go play another game. but after its fixed make no commits pro or con

Ya it is, Rangers in my sh*t on two posts... maybe more... I wont take the time to check. So.... instead of posting more, and more banter on things that we would all like to happen, and throwing around more and more slander... I decided to change my avatar.

BTW, I've always loved your sig, Fates.

Cheers,

Jay

Hedu, you are on the right track, but sometimes, you have to bite the bullet... notice the one thing people are bitching about with the new planes that are being made like the F-105, is that we have no FM stuff from TK, so they have to be based on other planes.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and put myself at great risk, and actually mock those of you into software. If you call yourself a "Software Engineer" then smack yourself, because you arent an engineer, you lack the mathematical discipline in college, to be called an engineer. Got that bit from my dad, he's currently the world authority on TCAS and Mode S, if you know what that is then you know how tough that sh*t is to get right, and he laughs at Software weenies. They all think they are god becuase they can write code, so they dont need any help in fixing there product. And thats fine when all you have to do is run it on a cpu, but when you put it in an airplane and it has to work with transponders, and if the software fails, people die. You can take all this gaming bullsh*t, and protecting TK, and stuff it up your ass, put him in a real company, and throw him to the wolves, and see if he puts out another sh*t product... If he does he'll be giving testimony in front of a senate oversight commitee, and then probably to the International Civil Aviation Authority, and after he's been raked over the coals, he wont be able to get another job in the industry, to save his ass.

If he worked on one of my dads projects, and it took him this long to get it together (well not yet), his ass would have been chewed by a former CPO in "real" wartime navy, and if he f*cked up again, his ass would have been canned.

Let me asked all of you this, if a medal of honor winner decided to go AWOL, and go on a shooting spree... would you excuse his actions becuase he is a medal of honor winner. If you do, then I have lost all respect for you as a reasonable human being.

If a sh*t product comes out, then it deserves sh*t reviews, and if the producers want those reviews to do a 180, then they better turn that sh*t into gold, and do it real quick. It is not the consumers job to fix a product (well maybe it is in software, since the softies think they are god).

I'll say this, I feel real bad for the people that have the walmart version, they got the big pile of sh*t, and now they just get to throw another terd on top of that pile. But it can be fixed, and it will be.

Excuse me for turning this into another heated post, it wasnt supposed to be, but it is now, and I'm glad it is.

I just realy hope that all of the comsumers work in getting this to work, doesnt get f*cked by patch 2, in which we the consumers may have to start all over again.

I'm sick of it all, im sick of people protecting a man that has wronged the consumer, I'm sick of people (those of you that can actually help, im talking to the beta testers) making excuses.

And if you beta testers can get through to TK, you should take all of this posts to heart, and show him that, yes people are very very upset. And if you cant get through to him (whether it be by email, or whatever), you are only showing to yourself, and all of us that this product has been put out by a company that does not care for the consumer. Afterall if they dont listen to the beta testers, they sure as hell wont listen to the consumers, and if they dont listen to the beta testers, then that makes you job pointless.

Whoa, I just looked at how much i wrote... thats a sh*tload, and I'm not even angry, just inquisitive, and a bit impetuous.

Well guys its like this. I understand everyones opinion. Lets look at this from a money value stand point. There would be a vast more consumers buying this game if it had some popularity for a game thats full functional and doesnt crash so much. Everyone here just about has been doing flightsims for quite sometime now and some understand how to modify the game. Biohaz and Simhq have kept this game alive along with the MANY followers of flightsimmers. There are SO MANY other people out there that have zero clue about forums and virtual squadrons who have returned this game already because of the problems and the fact that there is just about no game support for this game, heck the website went Casper how stupid is that. I'm sorry everyone but this game has flopped and is taking losses. I know it has awesome potential but geez I think we waited long enough. I think that Strategy First and Thirdwire need to include everyone that has created anything for this game on their payroll. The people here at Biohaz and SimHQ have made this game fun not the actual makers of the sim....they just gave us a scooby snack and we turned it into a pizza. Im sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes here but I look at the big picture and I would be very pissed off if I was the CEO of a company that messed up through lack of communication and pre ordering to throw a incomplete sim on the market just to make the many consumers happy because of so many due date changes. They should have just changed their due date like UBI did for LOMAC to play it safe and refund anyone's money that pre-ordered this game. I really dont think SFP1 is going to rebound from this. And Ranger, I thinks its awesome that you have stood by TK like you have for this game because I would not have. It would appear to me that you are a good person and honorable. If I was TK I would disappear for a while like the SF website because until he has anything concrete to offer the many owners of this game he is just wasting everyones time here. I'm sad to say this but I re-installed Crimson Skies the other day and had more fun playing that than SF....how sad is that.

PS: I know I heard that this is not TK's fault that it hit the market before it was complete but I think that theres a lot more man power behind this game than just TK, something could have been done to prevent its release to the market. It takes more than just one person to create a computer game. Also, it takes more than one person to decide to release a game before its complete. The team that created SF should have said that their completion date is way wrong and chomped on the bullet. Like I stated earlier it takes more than one person to decide to release a game.

OK now beat ME up for my statement. :roll:

Just a couple of points here,

Hedu, I don't think that releasing the source code NOW is a viable option...It just came out (basically) and personally I would prefer to let TK work on the patching rather than releasing the source code and being flooded with user made "patches" and "fixes". Also I imagine that Strategy First owns the rights to the source code, I may be wrong on that point, but if I'm right I think bagging Thirdwire or TK is a little harsh.

You said that we aren't talking mods but the discussion seems to be heading that way...so...

"But to think that repainting a tank or creating the F-86 is fixing anything, then that is ludicrous."

To me this sounded really negative, many people are working their butts off to make this game better for YOU, they aren't trying to fix it, they are trying to make it more enjoyable!

...I could have read your point wrong though...

"Creating mods for this sim is like painting you car before you take the dents out. You paint it, but have to repaint it after they fix the dents"

If your are going to put it like that then, again you are being very negative. I feel that the mod makers are taking the car with a dented door, but they aren't painting it...they are adding a spoiler to it!!! I say let TK fix the door (MP in this case) and while thats happening the mod makers make the game BETTER and more ENJOYABLE.

The only other option, according to your logic, is to wait until this game is perfect, in pristine condition and an absolute masterpiece before people mod it...in 3 years time :?

Denzil

then back to my primary statment give info to help or go play another game. but after its fixed make no commits pro or con

You havent the right to tell us what we can and cannot say.

Read post below FATES... mine that is not rangers, 2 people posted while i was typing... damn.

Mine is quite succulent. 8)