Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Happy Trails to You

Guys it has been a good run with the SF series but its time to hang up the modding stick. After modding this since Dec 2002 there just isnt anything else I want to do. My contributions numbers over the hundreds and I think it is enough. I dont regret any of the work I have done but it was alot of work for nothing. In return, over 50% if the time there was strife, arguements, nit picking and people who just can't read, it has gotten old. I will still help out in the forums when I can or want to, maybe even a project may spark my interest, who knows. But my proactive nature is at an end. So to those that appreciated the work I have done over the years. I am glad to have done it for you. To the friends I have made through this sim, it is something I will always cherish and I will be around on ICQ now and again. To the original Mod Mafia.....you know how I feel....take care all and god bless.

I, for one, salute the MANY hours of hard work you've dedicated to this whole venture.

Deep appreciation for being one of the main contributors to the cause over the years.

If any one deserves a break, it would be yourself.

Thanks muchly.

salute.gif

I've only just started playing and modding this game, but I can see and appreciate the huge amount of time and effort you've put into the community.

Thank you!

Guest capun

Dave

That is a real bummer, yet another old timer that is jumping ship.

But we must do what we must do, good luck in your new endeavors and keep in touch once in a while

Good luck USAF, thanks for all the help you've given, to me and the community. And fer the mods as well.

!? :crazy:

Looks like it's time for a new Godfather. :hi:

In the words of Frank the Tank...

"How about you get me a fresh beer..."

"are you serious?" (SF Newbie speaking)

"Now, Now You sorry Son of a B**ch!" :censored::rofl:

Thanks for all the hard work and mods. Since day 1, I have thoroughly enjoyed them!

I have also just started playing this sim. In just the short time I have been on these forums I can definitely see the enormous amount of time and contributions you've given to the community. Thank you for all of your work and the help you have given not only to myself but to the entire community.

Thank you!

Edited by Wedge

Dave, I salute you <S>.

You and the other "old timers" in this series are what got me out of FPS and back into flight sims.

I wish you well in your other endevours and hope you come back and see us "noobs" every now and again.

Thanks for all the advice and help, hope we can share some beers and cut up on a forum again sometime soon!

You will be missed! :fans:

Your work and knowledge of this sim has been an inspiration to us all. Capun said it best "This is a real bummer"

I wish you well in whatever life brings your way.

Thanks for all your help and if the itch comes back know this we will always be looking forward to your mods and advise.

Once again Thanks for eveything.

Thank you, USAFMTL. For all that you've done. All of us who've benefitted from your mods, and your knowledge, salute you. Think of it this way: you've just collected your 100 mission hat, you're on your way back to the world, and you are definately Sierra Hotel.

Edited by Heck

A Sad Day For The Community!!

Your knowledge and expertise will be sorely missed.

As the "Go-To Guy" you were the best.

You know best when it's time to hang it up, but keep in touch.

There are other terrific "simmers" to pass the torch to. The administrators and "Plank Holders" of this site are the greatest people in the world.

We will see you when TK comes up with the next generation of whatever flight sim he invents.

Don't forget that you have 15,000 "FRIENDS" right here if you ever need anything.

As we say "SEMPER FI", my friend and THANKS for all of your hard work.

ezlead

LOL!

Good riddance I say! :tomato: j/k!

Truth be told... I've been in your shoes "several" times... No matter how fustrated you get, a day will come when you can't stand being on the outside looking in... and something pulls ya back in.

Enjoy your vacation... You'll need it when you come storming back!

:crazy:

www.Zur-TECH.com

Edited by Zurawski

The huge amount of work you have done to make this game more fun and interesting is greatly appreciated by myself and many others. :good: It's probably worth noting that you and other "Early Modders" recognized the potential of the game and " hung in there" during the bad old days. Hopefully, the game [and ThirdWire] are on more solid ground now and we can look forward to new releases and a continuation of improvements. Interests change, but hopefully you will find time for a project of interest now and again. Semi retirement might be the most enjoyable approach! Regards

Duh...

That's a sad news Dave...

But I fully understand your feeling. As we discussed it in another board, maybe we, sfp1 modders vets, all need some break ;). Need to see anything else (RL stuff, another game or whatever).

see you around ;)

Guys it has been a good run with the SF series but its time to hang up the modding stick. After modding this since Dec 2002 there just isnt anything else I want to do. My contributions numbers over the hundreds and I think it is enough. I dont regret any of the work I have done but it was alot of work for nothing. In return, over 50% if the time there was strife, arguements, nit picking and people who just can't read, it has gotten old. I will still help out in the forums when I can or want to, maybe even a project may spark my interest, who knows. But my proactive nature is at an end. So to those that appreciated the work I have done over the years. I am glad to have done it for you. To the friends I have made through this sim, it is something I will always cherish and I will be around on ICQ now and again. To the original Mod Mafia.....you know how I feel....take care all and god bless.

USAFMTL,

Best of luck, a good tailwind, and Godspeed! I join with the rest of those who have appreciated your efforts and work. This thriving community is your and the real contributors' work. I salute you from the River Rats for the help you have offered one and all. I hope that someday you will return. Remember, as I have said earlier, the nay sayers are a dime-a-dozen and they abound everywhere. They don't have anything else to do. You will not leave them where ever your heart takes you. Keep in mind that they are just bumps in the road, no more. My attached saying below reflects my view of their status in life as elephant foot grease. :sorry:

I think you'll be back when TK sends WWI to the market. You will certainly be welcome by this member.

Ever since I was a noob, you would help me and others whenever you could. It's sad to see you leave, but I'll always hope some project would bring you back in.

Now, that sux USAFMTL but I always wondered how you found the time anyway ...

As has been said maybe one day when the batteries are recharged you'll feel the need but you're already an SF P1 legend. salute.gif

Godfather is a good description!

Fear not - all wasn't for nothing. You have contributed to many happy hours in many individual's lives! I haven't been around for long, but have great admiration for what you have done for this community, and of course for this great product of a sim.

Hope that you will be available when a noob gets stuck in a stablemate with a superior enemy. All your hard work is greatly appreciated!

God speed.

Fred

Things won't ever be the same without you gone thats for sure.

I understand your reasons.

Whatever you do now i wish you all the best.

Don't be a stranger,come back and visit us once and a while. :good:

Thank You for everything all the Best to you!!!

Thank You for everything all the Best to you!!!

That really sucks for the rest of us but sounds like you had a good run! I've just been going through my library of models, skins etc and most of what I have seems to have originated from you. So cheers to you for my effing sweet SFP experience so far!

Can't believe you'd cop a lot of crap considering what you've provided for the community!