Edited by Veltro2k

Guest capun

Looks good. One suggestion, once you are happy with the mesh design apply a smooth modifier to the meshes, with the topmost box also checked (I can't remember the name of the option and I am assuming that you are using 3DS Max) and see if some of the meshes get smoother, like in the nose cone section for example.

Nice pic. Check the size of those blowholes? Save it for a loading screen when the jet comes out.

This is the status so far......... what do you guys think ???

Brand new at this Still could use some help skinning :sorry:

updatemigbx7.jpg

I think you're on a roll. Great work!

Brand new at this Still could use some help skinning :sorry:

I've never done it from scratch before, but I might be interested in trying to skin it. I'd need some good drawings or photos, though; I have nothing of my own for the Foxhound.

PM me sometime!

Great work!

Can't wait to get her in the air!! :good:

What needs to be done?? I want to warm up my keyboard for that one again!!!

I want to help if needed!!! Mail me at kodiak@skynet.be if you want.

Regards, Kodiak.

uhhhmm.... that 23mm toy is mounted on the right side ....

post-2042-1157755937_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crusader

weird. perhaps the drawing got mirrored (not that uncommon)

check this out, should be usefull (right-click, save as )

Foxbat/Foxhound

Hi,

one question: could you try to use the textures from lomac ? (i am not quite sure if you need some permission, but this has been done before for a Su-27 for FS9). this would give us a wider range of available textures right from the start. and they look just fine.

cheers

sokol

If you want, I can try some funky cammerflarj paint. I'd need a template or something to start with, though...

Looking good now!

Why don't you use the great SU-15 cockpit by Boopidoo ?

I use it for the Mig-25 also, it's a GREAT pit for a russian two engine interceptor!!!

Regards, Kodiak.

Looking good now!

I use it for the Mig-25 also, it's a GREAT pit for a russian two engine interceptor!!!

Regards, Kodiak.

Looking good now!

Regards, Kodiak.

post-6941-1158931812_thumb.jpg

post-6941-1158932278.jpg

post-6941-1158932283.jpg

:wink: hell yeah baby!!!! Nice red bird Edited by gerald14

I think I got that cockpit with the SU-15A that I downloaded here at CombatAce!

Give it a try, I think the cockpit is in the updated download, just download the SU-15A.

If not let me know then I can mail you the cockpit if you want.

Regards, Kodiak.

Nice progress, looking forward to it :ok:

It looks awsome. Here is an important snipit for you.

Electronics suite

MiG-31 'Foxhound' showing its Zaslon phased-array radarThe MiG-31 was the world's first operational fighter with a phased-array radar, the Zaslon S-800. Its maximum range against fighter-sized targets is approximately 200 km (125 mi), and it can track up to 10 targets and simultaneously attack four of them with its [[Vympel R-33 (NATO: AA-9 'Amos')]] missiles. It is claimed to have limited astern coverage (perhaps the reason for the radome-like protuberance above and between the engines). The radar is matched with an infrared search and tracking (IRST) system in a retractable undernose fairing. Up to four MiG-31s, spaced up to 200 km (125 mi) apart to cover a wide swath of territory, can coordinate via datalink. The radar is controlled by the back-seater, whose cockpit has only two small vision ports on the sides of the canopy.

The MiG-31M-, MiG-31D-, and MiG-31BS-standard aircraft have an upgraded Zaslon-M radar with greater detection range (said to be 400 km (250 mi) against AWACS-size targets) and the ability to attack six targets simultaneously. The back-seater's controls are replaced with modern MFDs. Its electronic countermeasures capabilities have also been upgraded, with new ECM pods on the wingtips.

Don't use the viewport background image as reference for modelling; if you have an image on several viewports max tends to truncate it for whatever reason, which is why your Mig appears much shorter and fatter than it should be. If possible, go into PS and edit all your ref images to be cubic, and then apply them as textures to an inverted cube.