Hi guys! , I´m playing a little with the navigation pod (modding a little the TVfilter) and is cool and funny!

(specially turning off the radar and using IR´s, and later seeing how your enemy launch flares and explodes! :crazy: ). Well. I´ve tried to make an "build in" (sorry my english) TV camera for using it at the F-14 (using as reference the Laser Designator of the A-10, which belong to the aircraft) but I didn´t get it.

Some suggestions?

PD:I am almost sure that there is no way to get an TV camera AND a radar working at the same time (It would be cool thought).

PD2:There is a way to get REAL nigh vision for the cameras? (On the Weapons Editor I´ve seen an options called IR, but I think that it didn´t work properly)

Bye!! :good:

post-10409-1155235433_thumb.jpg

post-10409-1155235581_thumb.jpg

Hey Sky Captain, I´m refering to the IR Image option than appear in Navigation/Laser Designator pods when you are using the latest weapon editor.

In the aircraftdata.ini I´ve tried:

[NOSE]

SystemName[011]=TVCAM

[TVCAM]

ReferenceName=ARR-50 (For a test)

SystemType=NAVIGATION

CameraFOV=12.500000

CameraPosition=0.000000,0.125000,0.000000

CameraYaw=0.000000

CameraPitch=0.000000

CameraRoll=0.000000

SightTexture=avq23sight1.tga

EODisplayFlags=268500992

but I didn´t get it works! :dntknw:

Bye!!

Holy crud that looks tight. How did you do that?

Also, is there anyway to mod the tv screen so it has night vision when i use mavericks on the f-16, f-18 etc.

Thanks. :good:

i wanted to use the tv screen as a recce scope, but TK has explained that many features of the designators/FLIR/recce cameras are not implemented yet, even tough the params appear in the weapon editor.

So, we'll have to wait a little bit, I'm afraid. But TK has never disappointed us so far!

Yes, I think TK would not forget us so easily!! :clapping:

(By the way, would be superb the adition of MFD´s!!)

SFP1-> "analogic" radar (abot 60´s)

WOV-> carrier ops (60´s)

WOE-> "digital processing radar signal" + modern HUD + TV cameras (70´s)

???-> MFD + IR images+ HMSights/Off boresight targeting?? (80-90´s)

Bye!! :good:

So wait, this is like having a camera on the missile or bomb right? If so, does anything think it is possible to make laser guided bombs and tv guided bombs actually guided by you to a ground target? That would be AWESOME!!! :good:

You can guide LGB's right now if you carry a proper designation pod (like the LANTIRN pods). Otherwise, you are only able to drop them on your primary target (designation is assumed to be done by other a/c or ground units).

Hey reb, this is only an Mirage Factory F-15A with an Navigation Pod in the centerline station. I´ve also modified a little the TVfilter archive (from the cockpit folder). Is really cool hunting MIG´s in dogfight, with radar switched off and using only IR´s and guns. This is the reason I would like to make a TV camera (build in) for the Tomcat (In real life it has one, Isn´t?).

Bye my friends!! :ok:

ya it have. thank you very much kazama. is really cool and hope you finish the tvcamera soon i like very much... thanks

Hi there.

Sorry to dissapoint you but the navigation, datalink and recon pod and general code for TV displays does not allow for night vision. If you check the box for infra red in the weapons editor it makes no difference to the quality of vision at night. Also, unless a TV image is produced by the seeker on a weapon or a targeting pod that is slaved to a weapon, it can only point straight ahead.

I tried for ages when the latest service pack came out to create a FLIR/LLTV pod using the navigation pod, datalink pod and recon pod sub types of the misc. stores weapon type. All you will be able to do is reproduce a forwards view with a green filter perhaps, maybe field of vision as well but not view angle and it will also be fixed. You will not be able to adjust the view or get true night vision. I read some threads in the Thirdwire forums about this kind of thing and it turns out there are quite a few bits and pieces in the game code that are "visible" as in we can see the categories in the weapons editor, but are not yet fully implemented in the game code.

The bottom line is, the Thirdwire family of games are meant to be fun, light sims, not Falcon 4 AF or anything like that. I'm sure with future patches and improvements in the code TK will produce further features and improvements for for us all, but don't expect to suddenly develop any amazing new avionics just by tinkering with ini files. If it was possible the modders would already have done it.

Hi bernard, very interesting reply, I must admit than maybe I´ve been expected too much for the actual avionic of the game :sorry:

Maybe the open character of this sim (AND the tons of add-ons availables) make us too exigent about the future-possibles features avalaibles.But i think that the newest SP has made us happy not only for the new clouds but for the new radar and HUD modes.

PD:By the way, isn´t a new official patch in progress? :good:

PD2:Keep dreaming, maybe, the majority of these features will be avalaible on 2007:Wings over the Gulf!!

:spiteful: (hey I´m joking, don´t ask me for release date HA,HA!)

PD3:Sorry my bad english!!

could this idea be applied to a TISEO equipped, slat winged F-4E??

and how close can me make this to operating as such?

Yeah Kazama, its a shame the way we can "see" features that aren't necessarily implemented yet, its a real tease.

As Thirdwire are currently working on their WW1 sim and the last service pack with all the goodies in came out to bring the series up to WoE standard, I doubt there will be anything massive soon.

One way to look at it is that the new classes wouldn't be included in the code if TK didn't want to do something with them at some point.

From the fiddling I did when the service pack came out, I found that whatever settings you set a nav/recon/datalink pod to in the weapons editor, the image it displays is always dependent on the available light.

In terms of using a TV image to target aircraft like in the F-14 as you suggested, as far as I know, in the game the targeting pod store class like Pave Spike etc only target ground objects (eg primary target and any AAA/SAMS/Tanks/Moving trucks within visual range). Now, if there was some way of getting a targeting pod to target an air unit, then you would get your TV image tracking the bad guy in a dogfight as you want, but if its hard coded into the game that targeting pods can only target objects on the ground (which it most probably is) then it won't be possible.

Edited by bernard