Sign in to follow this  
am39exocet

problem with sound of engines

hi ,

I've a little problem with SFP1 , i've installed the patch SP4 to 4.2 + Checksic Mega Pack and the sound of engines have disapeared on the Pucara and AH1 Skyrader , i don't have a characteristic sound of piston engine , the reactors are not concerned by this problem .

Perhaps you have encountered this problem with your SFP1 and you could help me ...

Thx.

reinstall the sound files for those planes, sounds like the sounds files for those planes got either deleted or damaged.

how are these souns files ( their extension , wav , mp3 etc) and how obtain this files dl on your site.

It's strange, i have installed these files previously and i don't have this problem.

Have you looked in the aircraft's Data.ini file?

Maybe they were changed during your install to a different name or summat.

Look for EngineSound= and see what it says for each, and remember it is case sensitive. I am also unsure as to the

exact line wording, as I am at work and am free-styling the general idea...

hi ,

I've a little problem with SFP1 , i've installed the patch SP4 to 4.2 + Checksic Mega Pack and the sound of engines have disapeared on the Pucara and AH1 Skyrader , i don't have a characteristic sound of piston engine , the reactors are not concerned by this problem .

Perhaps you have encountered this problem with your SFP1 and you could help me ...

Thx.

Right, I too have tried their mega pack and found a lot of modifications. Basically, for sound, I went through some of the planes and looked for the engine sound and compared it to what I have in the sounds folder, and then typed a name of a sound I wanted into the field for engine sound in the aircraft data file. Cheers.

I do a lot of editing with the sound files. They are 11025 16 bit mono waves. If you have a sound file editor you can convert the wave files to this . You can also adjust the speed of the sounds,move the speed of the read on the files up or down to your liking and then convert them to 11025 16 bit mono waves. Some of the piston engine sounds and some jet engine sounds are to fast. I slow them down and then convert them for the sim. Most of the sounds are very realistic if this is done. The piston engines dont sound like lawnmowers and the jets get that deep throated sound like they should have.