Sign in to follow this  
s_magic

Loadout problems in WOV campaign

I am having a problem with not being able to pick the same weapons that show up in the single mission when I start a campaign. Specifically I am playing the RT camp w/ F105 and I want to use the SEA fuel tanks. They show up on the list to the left, but I can not choose them from the drop down menu. I have changed the FuelTank line in the data.ini file, and I have opened the weapon editor and opened each tank, clicked ok, then saved the weapondata.ini. Please help. :dntknw:

I am having a problem with not being able to pick the same weapons that show up in the single mission when I start a campaign. Specifically I am playing the RT camp w/ F105 and I want to use the SEA fuel tanks. They show up on the list to the left, but I can not choose them from the drop down menu. I have changed the FuelTank line in the data.ini file, and I have opened the weapon editor and opened each tank, clicked ok, then saved the weapondata.ini. Please help. :dntknw:

..try "save as" ..

I tried the "save as" function to no avail. I am assuming you intend for me to save it as the same name. Anyone else have this problem? FYI, I am running the latest patch 7.10.06 with the July03 weapon pack.

Guest capun

Careful with the Save As. I don't know if the SP4 Weapons Editor got fixed, but all previous Editors did not saved the .Dat file with the Save As. I think it used to screw up a couple of files.

shot in the dark, wont hurt anything, try adding NATO to the attachment type on the weapons station.

attachment type=USAF,NATO

Still having this problem. Does this happen to anyone else? Please help :dntknw:

Here is what you need to do open your data ini file for the F-105 scroll down the weapon stations and find-->

[LeftWingStation]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=3

StationGroupID=2

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=-3.27,-2.42,-0.23

AttachmentAngles=0.0,-5.0,0.0

LoadLimit=1600

AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,ARM,EP,MER,RP,FT,CGR

AttachmentType=USAF

ModelNodeName=pylon_left_middle

PylonMass=108.41

PylonDragArea=0.06

FuelTankName=Tank450_F105 <--- Change to ( f105_450gal_sea )

RackLimitOutsideOnly=TRUE

Change the RightWingStation just like above. For the center line station find the 650 gal SEA tank using the weapon editor and copy the name in the top left box marked Type and paste it just like you did with the two above.

You will always have these tanks even if you choose the silver paint. I think you may be able to get around that by using the Loadout ini. I will take a look at that and let you know but for know you have your SEA tanks.

That is exactly what I have. I am thinking this is a really wierd issue. Again, I have no problems in the signle mission mode as I can pick from the entire list of weapons, including the SEA tanks. But when you go to a campaign, there is only 6-7 different weapons instead of the 50+. Also, I tried doing the F-4C campaign and I got the whole weapon list instead of the 6-7 I got in the 105. Any ideas?

That is exactly what I have. I am thinking this is a really wierd issue. Again, I have no problems in the signle mission mode as I can pick from the entire list of weapons, including the SEA tanks. But when you go to a campaign, there is only 6-7 different weapons instead of the 50+. Also, I tried doing the F-4C campaign and I got the whole weapon list instead of the 6-7 I got in the 105. Any ideas?

Your first mission in campaign will always give you only 6 or 7 weapons after that you will get more.

Open your campaigns/ RT folder then WOVCAMRT_DATA. Scroll down to Player unit the first one will be -->

[AirUnit002]

AircraftType=F-105D

Squadron=13TFS

ForceID=1

Nation=USAF

"

"

Supply[007].WeaponType=Tank450_F105 <--- Change to ( f105_450gal_sea )*

Supply[007].Quantity=480

Supply[008].WeaponType=Tank650_F105 <--- Change to ( f105_650gal_sea )*

Supply[008].Quantity=240

If you want a different squadron then you can add it to that one as well.

* If you fly the silver Thud you will still have the camo DT's. There has to be a way around this but i'm not sure how yet.

Edited by Agamemnon

Thanks for sticking with me, but that file does not show up in that folder, only a file called Rolling Thunder. It has the first part of your list, but does not have any of the Supply[xxx] lines in it. Am I supposed to extract it from somewhere?

Thanks for sticking with me, but that file does not show up in that folder, only a file called Rolling Thunder. It has the first part of your list, but does not have any of the Supply[xxx] lines in it. Am I supposed to extract it from somewhere?

Using the SFP extraction utility which can be found here http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=343 open your Wings Over Vietnam\ Flight\ MissionData.cat scroll to the bottom and extract the following three files.

WOVCAMPL1.DATA, WOVCAMPL2.DATA, & WOVCAMPRT.DATA once you have extracted them place each one in it's corrosponding folder IE: WOVCAMPL1.DATA = Linebacker I.

Then follow directions above and let me know how everything turns out.

That worked like a charm. :good: Now I would like to add someother historically available weapons like the jammer pods. Do I just add lines for the items I want to be available? Thanks again.

Your first mission in campaign will always give you only 6 or 7 weapons after that you will get more.

Open your campaigns/ RT folder then WOVCAMRT_DATA. Scroll down to Player unit the first one will be -->

[AirUnit002]

AircraftType=F-105D

Squadron=13TFS

ForceID=1

Nation=USAF

"

"

Supply[007].WeaponType=Tank450_F105 <--- Change to ( f105_450gal_sea )*

Supply[007].Quantity=480

Supply[008].WeaponType=Tank650_F105 <--- Change to ( f105_650gal_sea )*

Supply[008].Quantity=240

If you want a different squadron then you can add it to that one as well.

* If you fly the silver Thud you will still have the camo DT's. There has to be a way around this but i'm not sure how yet.

I'm fairly confident that if you give all of an aircraft's drop tanks the same name (matching the FuelTankName for each weapon station) but different full names, then all of these tanks will be selectable from the list.